Page 729 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197257267277287297307317327337397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 21418
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    New covers.
    Love Reis' cover!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Nice! This is the the first Grayson/Superman meeting in how long? A decade maybe? First time Seeley has written Superman too, I think. Pretty exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Nice! This is the the first Grayson/Superman meeting in how long? A decade maybe? First time Seeley has written Superman too, I think. Pretty exciting!
    They hung out in a Grayson annual not too long ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    They hung out in a Grayson annual not too long ago.
    Well that was New 52 Superman so, slightly different this time.

An article about Bludhaven by CBR.

http://www.cbr.com/blood-will-run-a-guide-to-bludhaven/

Man, that city has been through a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    An article about Bludhaven by CBR.

http://www.cbr.com/blood-will-run-a-guide-to-bludhaven/

Man, that city has been through a lot.
    Yes, lets drop a chemical bomb, then drop a nuke then have Darkseid set up lol. If nothing else they fulfilled their promise of making it worse than Gotham hahaha.

All-New Member

I started picking up Priest's Deathstroke and it is seriously amazing!!

I was pretty apprehensive about the Judas Contract re-write and now I can't wait to read Priest's spin on it. I am sure that whatever portion Priest writes is going to be great.

Is it bad i kinda want to see Dick/Supes issue to eventually tie-into Rebirth plot? Considering Wally is also getting a "special Superman meeting" issue why don't make it a prequel of sorts? I just really want Dick to be in watchmen case as much as Batman and Barry honestly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    I started picking up Priest's Deathstroke and it is seriously amazing!!

I was pretty apprehensive about the Judas Contract re-write and now I can't wait to read Priest's spin on it. I am sure that whatever portion Priest writes is going to be great.
    I've been stoked on what Priest has been up to as well. Very respectful of historical Deathstroke, and even Ravager, but like, totally telling just a good new story with them that feels character redefining. And this conflict with Batman and Damian right now shows great love and respect for those characters, too. Or, well, if not love, at least, "playing nicely in the sandbox" and having done homework on current backstory and character tone. Very pro. Anything he might contribute to current depictions of Grayson should be pretty welcome.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Is it bad i kinda want to see Dick/Supes issue to eventually tie-into Rebirth plot? Considering Wally is also getting a "special Superman meeting" issue why don't make it a prequel of sorts? I just really want Dick to be in watchmen case as much as Batman and Barry honestly.
    Dr. Destiny is a reality warper and a JLA villain, I could see the issue being important in the long run, and you're right about how similar it is to January's Titans issue.

Honestly, it seems like we're going to get separate teams of two that can interconnect later between Bruce, Wally, Barry, Clark, and hopefully Dick. I mean, when Bruce, Wally, and Clark are involved in something, chances are Dick's going to find out and be interested. I hope, anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Dr. Destiny is a reality warper and a JLA villain, I could see the issue being important in the long run, and you're right about how similar it is to January's Titans issue.

Honestly, it seems like we're going to get separate teams of two that can interconnect later between Bruce, Wally, Barry, Clark, and hopefully Dick. I mean, when Bruce, Wally, and Clark are involved in something, chances are Dick's going to find out and be interested. I hope, anyways.
    Not to mention Tim, he's caught up in the Rebirth plot too. Dick's involvement in Rebirth is pretty much inevitable at this point. If we're lucky, this could be his biggest role in a story ever and give him the recognition he deserves.

Am I the only one who thinks a team up between Dick, Wally, and Tim would be the most awesome thing ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks a team up between Dick, Wally, and Tim would be the most awesome thing ever?
    You may as well throw in Bart at that point, classic Bart, I mean. And it would be pretty hype.

Also, I don't think I posted about this earlier, but I'm really happy with how enthusiastic Priest is about the JC arc. The fact that Seeley will get involved is even better. When was the last time a writer, aside from a Dick book's writer(s), actively wanted to use Dick in a story aside from one-off guest appearances? This story is the next big event for DC, aside from their huge summer event and whenever RotSS starts, so it's good to know Dick will be the one on the covers. After this whole thing is over, I guess Priest will be allowed to use Dick more freely, and reading Dick's interactions with Slade and Rose will be a treat.

There was some discussion about Dick taking on a sidekick for a bit in the last few pages, right? Well, Rose is probably the best candidate. Some other interesting choices, imo, would be Supergirl or Raven, although they would work better just for an arc or two, I guess. I mean, Dick, as Nightwing, is, more or less, New 52 Clark's lasting legacy on Earth (if you were to not include Superwoman and Steel), a Kryptonian name for an Earthling hero. Kinda the opposite of what Kara is (and Clark was). I think there's definitely some good reason for a Kryptonian girl trying to live among humans and a close friend of her now dead cousin, using the Kryptonian name the aforementioned cousin gave him, to interact. I mean, Superman is going to be an "Agent of Batman" for Landis' book, so why not? As for Raven, it would just be pretty fun, I think, keeping with the cheery-broody team-ups, but without Damian's trash-talking. Plus, Raven's an empath, and Dick's a pretty emotional guy who is just getting over Tim's death and is also just interacting with his old friends, the Titans, again in a long time. A lot of common ground there, but I also really like the idea of Dick's sidekick have a bird name, and she is a classic Titan, so there's that, too.

Of course, if Dick does end up with a sidekick, it'll probably be something unexpected because Seeley.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    You may as well throw in Bart at that point, classic Bart, I mean. And it would be pretty hype.

Also, I don't think I posted about this earlier, but I'm really happy with how enthusiastic Priest is about the JC arc. The fact that Seeley will get involved is even better. When was the last time a writer, aside from a Dick book's writer(s), actively wanted to use Dick in a story aside from one-off guest appearances? This story is the next big event for DC, aside from their huge summer event and whenever RotSS starts, so it's good to know Dick will be the one on the covers. After this whole thing is over, I guess Priest will be allowed to use Dick more freely, and reading Dick's interactions with Slade and Rose will be a treat.

There was some discussion about Dick taking on a sidekick for a bit in the last few pages, right? Well, Rose is probably the best candidate. Some other interesting choices, imo, would be Supergirl or Raven, although they would work better just for an arc or two, I guess. I mean, Dick, as Nightwing, is, more or less, New 52 Clark's lasting legacy on Earth (if you were to not include Superwoman and Steel), a Kryptonian name for an Earthling hero. Kinda the opposite of what Kara is (and Clark was). I think there's definitely some good reason for a Kryptonian girl trying to live among humans and a close friend of her now dead cousin, using the Kryptonian name the aforementioned cousin gave him, to interact. I mean, Superman is going to be an "Agent of Batman" for Landis' book, so why not? As for Raven, it would just be pretty fun, I think, keeping with the cheery-broody team-ups, but without Damian's trash-talking. Plus, Raven's an empath, and Dick's a pretty emotional guy who is just getting over Tim's death and is also just interacting with his old friends, the Titans, again in a long time. A lot of common ground there, but I also really like the idea of Dick's sidekick have a bird name, and she is a classic Titan, so there's that, too.

Of course, if Dick does end up with a sidekick, it'll probably be something unexpected because Seeley.
    they need to just go ahead and make rose dicks sidekick. I mean you guys can easily come up with a list of good reasons why dick and rose could work together right? 1 would be nightwing gets something the other big 6 gets a sidekick.

BANNED

Rose is a supporting character/sidekick in Deathstroke, I believe there were plans to make her part of Outlaws but the Deathstroke ongoing killed those plans. So as long as there is a Deathstroke series and Priest wants to use Rose I dont see any equivalent status for her in Nightwing especially since they are both edited by 2 different offices.

BANNED

On a different note, congrats to Seeley and Nightwing on Raptor, finally a great original(I think) villain. Cant wait to see the remaining villains Seeley comes up with and on that note isn't Dr Destiny showing up in Nightwing? interesting. He and Psycho Pirate are not necessarily Bat villains but have been Arkham inmates for decades and both have similar powers, probably coincidence but I wouldn't mind DD/PP vs Batman/Nightwing team up.