Page 754 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447507517527537547557567577587648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 21418
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think we will have to wait for the new version of Judas Contract, to see what happend between Dick and Slade.
    The new 52 Deathstroke is anyway a complete mess, since every new writer completly ignored everything the last one established, we can just hope that this doesn't happen with the rebirth version again.
    I know it probably won't happen -- because he has a solo, whereas the other non-Wally Titans haven't been getting much focus -- but I hope the new Judas Contract gives Dick lots of focus, since the theme of his series so far is his whole "believing in people" thing. It'd be weird for him not to feel VERY strongly about yet another betrayal. Especially if the traitor ends up being Rose, who he apparently trained. I at least hope, if he doesn't react strongly in Titans, that it's something that bothers him in Nightwing. Speaking of that story, since I'm reading Deathstroke, I'm assuming both Ravager and Jericho will join the Titans, along with maybe one or two other characters, and we'll have to determine the potential traitor. I hope it ISN'T Rose, since I actually like how she's being written right now, but I'd be up for Jericho. If Grant DID still die fighting the Teen Titans, it'd make sense since he was kinda close to Grant.

I re-read the interview Priest did about the Judas Contract, and yeah, he's kinda vague about what it involves. Like, if Wally and Starfire were around if it happened and whether it's a flashback story or not. I'm reading both series, so I'm reading it either way, but I hope it reignites a proper rivalry between Dick and Slade. I know he's not really IN them anymore, but Dick kinda needs a villain counterpart in big crossovers, and Raptor just doesn't feel like that type of villain. But what I got from the interview is that it SEEMS like there were indeed other Titans than the ones in Titans Hunt, so that's nice. It gives Dick something he could've done during his first time out as Nightwing.

Oh, and yeah, I hope this is the last hard reboot Deathstroke gets. It's better received than any other solo he's done, and if Slade's backstory were more complicated, he could give Hawkman a run for his money.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

What happens in the comics, has anyway not necessary an effect on which charcters you will see in other media.

Supergirl got a tv series and Cyborg will get a movie and both are afiak not that great in comics.
    Supergirls tv series borrows almost every character from Superman or other franchises and the few original ones were afaik created for the show and didn't exist in the comics and even Arrow had to borrow a lot of charcters (mostly from Batman and Teen Titans) since he hasn't that many on his own.
    Flash is currently the only of the CW series that mostly draws from it's own source material.
    but super(GIRL) can work because she is the female alt. She's not about separating herself from superman she's adout exteneding superman brand like robin or batgirl for batman, plus like i said female alt. that's gives her a different demographic to play with that nightwing can't with batman and cyborg is in the justice league. that's. why cyborg is getting a movie of his own and if cyborg was still a titan like (NIGHTWING)he wouldn't be getting a movie right like (NIGHTWING).

if nightwing is about dick moving on from robin than he's not doing a good job. better then pre flashpoint thanks to the globetrotting/new bludhaven but needs more.

this is one of the main reasons why. dick as ROBIN) works for batman(sidekick), dates starfire (titans) or batgirl (batman), a member of the titans (sidekicks).

dick as NIGHTWING) works for batman (sidekick), dates starfire (titans) or batgirl (batman). a member of the titans (older sidekicks) plus most robin's can claim this.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-12-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwing37 View Post
    but super(GIRL) can work because she is the female alt. She's not about separating herself from superman she's adout exteneding superman brand like robin or batgirl for batman, plus like i said female alt. that's gives her a different demographic to play with that nightwing can't with batman and cyborg is in the justice league. that's. why cyborg is getting a movie of his own and if cyborg was still a titan like (NIGHTWING)he wouldn't be getting a movie right like (NIGHTWING).

if nightwing is about dick moving on from robin than he's not doing a good job. better then pre flashpoint thanks to the globetrotting/new bludhaven but needs more.

this is one of the main reasons why. dick as ROBIN) works for batman(sidekick), dates starfire (titans) or batgirl (batman), a member of the titans (sidekicks).

dick as NIGHTWING) works for batman (sidekick), dates starfire (titans) or batgirl (batman). a member of the titans (older sidekicks) plus most robin's can claim this.
    Maybe, but if you can't change a character to much if he should stay recognisable. The ex-sidekicks in DC will always have the problem they will never be equal to their mentors, especially if it one of the big charterers. The problem is that they keep introducing new side kicks. And it was probably also the reason why they removed lots of sidekicks when they did the reboot.

Maybe, but if you can't change a character to much if he should stay recognisable. The ex-sidekicks in DC will always have the problem they will never be equal to their mentors, especially if it one of the big charterers. The problem is that they keep introducing new side kicks. And it was probably also the reason why they removed lots of sidekicks when they did the reboot.
    right i get you but dick doesn't have to be equal to batman just independent/different enough to standout and apart.

dick and burce may be different enough be is nightwing and batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I know it probably won't happen -- because he has a solo, whereas the other non-Wally Titans haven't been getting much focus -- but I hope the new Judas Contract gives Dick lots of focus, since the theme of his series so far is his whole "believing in people" thing. It'd be weird for him not to feel VERY strongly about yet another betrayal. Especially if the traitor ends up being Rose, who he apparently trained. I at least hope, if he doesn't react strongly in Titans, that it's something that bothers him in Nightwing. Speaking of that story, since I'm reading Deathstroke, I'm assuming both Ravager and Jericho will join the Titans, along with maybe one or two other characters, and we'll have to determine the potential traitor. I hope it ISN'T Rose, since I actually like how she's being written right now, but I'd be up for Jericho. If Grant DID still die fighting the Teen Titans, it'd make sense since he was kinda close to Grant.

I re-read the interview Priest did about the Judas Contract, and yeah, he's kinda vague about what it involves. Like, if Wally and Starfire were around if it happened and whether it's a flashback story or not. I'm reading both series, so I'm reading it either way, but I hope it reignites a proper rivalry between Dick and Slade. I know he's not really IN them anymore, but Dick kinda needs a villain counterpart in big crossovers, and Raptor just doesn't feel like that type of villain. But what I got from the interview is that it SEEMS like there were indeed other Titans than the ones in Titans Hunt, so that's nice. It gives Dick something he could've done during his first time out as Nightwing.

Oh, and yeah, I hope this is the last hard reboot Deathstroke gets. It's better received than any other solo he's done, and if Slade's backstory were more complicated, he could give Hawkman a run for his money.
    Actually Priest already said he wants Nightwing book to be included in crossover too so it's kinda up to Seeley whether he wants Dick to be central or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Actually Priest already said he wants Nightwing book to be included in crossover too so it's kinda up to Seeley whether he wants Dick to be central or not.
    On one hand, TJC could make great use of Dick if Seeley gets involved. On the other, storylines being interrupted by crossovers was a major problem with Higgins run and I wouldn't want that to be a problem again. So, mixed feelings right now.

I don't think that a team other than Titans would make him more independent, didn't happen when he was a member of the Outsiders and the Suicide Squad features anyway a lot of Batman villains.
    And I really don't think that it is possible to make him permanently in to space hero, thats to far outside of his established role.
    Well those teams were more general examples that can operate more independently. Like I don't want him to become a full time space character. Just Guardians and SS I see as being more independent even if they need an established Batman for some characters, but because of the type of book it is, as well as Guardians, they aren't directly competing with a JL type team. They are more their own thing. Titans can be that when the characters are teens because their youth offers them a different feel to a JL, but we know that if there is a live action Titans movie or show they won't be teens. Dick will be in his 20s or 30s probably, and you run into problems when they can't differentiate themselves from a JL well enough.

It's why a Cyborg was taken from the Titans and put on the JL because they didn't want to waste a character of color on a lesser franchise and the Titans franchise isn't so different to a JL where they couldn't just take the character. Then because the Titans have so many legacy characters you do have to establish a Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow and so on to use many of them. So more than half the team is difficult to use.

I hope we see this happen in some form eventually:

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Would it be terrible to bring the robins together under Dick. Kind of like a batman with 2 robins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well those teams were more general examples that can operate more independently.
    In the Suicide Squad, where heas to work for Waller he would be imo even less independent than in Titans or at Spyral. I also don't think that teams like Suicide Squad, Outsiders and Spyral, that work in the shadows and do more morally questionable things re really a good fit for Dick on the long run. Jason is a much more natural fit for such teams.

Even the Ragtag Bunch of Misfits approach of Guardians of the Galaxy (Ok I only know the movie) does imo not really fit him. he belomgs more in classic superhero teams like JLA, JSA, Titans or maybe Infintiy inc.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-13-2016 at 01:22 AM.

In the Suicide Squad, where heas to work for Waller he would be imo even less independent than in Titans or at Spyral. I also don't think that teams like Suicide Squad, Outsiders and Spyral, that work in the shadows and do more morally questionable things re really a good fit for Dick on the long run. Jason is a much more natural fit for such teams.

Even the Ragtag Bunch of Misfits approach of Guardians of the Galaxy (Ok I only know the movie) does imo not really fit him. he belomgs more in classic superhero teams like JLA, JSA, Titans or maybe Infintiy inc.
    Again you are taking my examples too literally and ignoring my main point. The Titans franchise is too dependent on other things to ever be independent and they are too similar to the JL. So Dick on that team will constantly be hampered by it in other media. Also Dick worked amazingly well in Spyral and can work find in Outsiders. Jason works better as a loan wolf in my opinion. I have no idea why they don't give him a solo and keep sticking him on these teams, especially the first Outlaw team where they had to gut things from Dick's character to work.

Also Walter is a completely independent character and doesn't require any other franchise or other established character to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    On one hand, TJC could make great use of Dick if Seeley gets involved. On the other, storylines being interrupted by crossovers was a major problem with Higgins run and I wouldn't want that to be a problem again. So, mixed feelings right now.
    TJC is a flashback arc though so it's not going to screw over status quo like New 52 crossovers did.

Extraordinary Member

The Titans franchise is too dependent on other things to ever be independent and they are too similar to the JL. So Dick on that team will constantly be hampered by it in other media.
    Whith teen Titans and Young Justice (which is similar enough to Titans imo) he had at least two TV shows with such a team (3 is you count Teen Titans Go!), so I don't think I don't think that this team is hampered in other media. And they are even doing Titans in the original animated movies (ok it is with Damian instead of Dick).

Problem with the DCEU is more that by going with an old Batman they made it kind of impossible to have a young Dick Grayson.

Also Dick worked amazingly well in Spyral and can work find in Outsiders.
    In outsiders he was very Batman like and didn't had his typical more light-hearted persona (And the Outsiders consited at least partly of old Tiatans). And in Spyral it was imo clearly shown that Dick wasn't really comftable with what he was doing for them and missed beeing a superhero.

Series like this can work for him for some time, but imo not as his main series on the long run.

Jason works better as a loan wolf in my opinion. I have no idea why they don't give him a solo and keep sticking him on these teams, especially the first Outlaw team where they had to gut things from Dick's character to work.
    I would like to see him finally get a solo. My point is just that for teams with the premise that they do what needs to be done and don't play be the rules, he is the more fitting character since that is what his character is about.
    Dick is more the shining hero who wants to inspire people, and not the guy who hides in the shadows and does morally questionable things.

Also Walter is a completely independent character and doesn't require any other franchise or other established character to work.
    How is Walther?

In Outsiders he was very Batman like because of Winick, someone who never could write Dick very well, purposely wrote him Batman like because of reasons. Its not like the Outsiders is hit squad or anything. They're a superhero version of a black ops team, not that far off from off from what Young Justice were in the cartoon. Where he worked just fine. Not that im advocating they redo an Outsiders with him.

Honestly Titans doesn't have to be a bad thing for Nightwing, or the dead end that its kind of become. Its just because how they do it that its become this bad thing for Nightwing. If they would just stop having it be so dictated by Titans past, put some higher tier characters in it that don't necessarily have to have been Teen Titans before, gave the team an actual purpose, and just got more creative and contemporary with it it wouldn't be so bad. I guess you can only hope that if they were to do a live action Titans, which because of Johns they probably do want to do, that they would do a more modern and contemporary take on the Titans that imo it so desperately needs.

Also i wonder how would a crossover between two bimonthlies and a monthly work?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-13-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we see this happen in some form eventually:

This is something that happened in JUSTICE LEAGUE VS TEEN TITANS... of course.. no in the comics.