Page 761 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517577587597607617627637647657718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    His friends were never important for his solo stories. You can more or less complete read his pre new 52 Nightwing stuff, without ever encountering any stuff related to Titans or Outsiders.
    That is kind of why he has struggled to deliver a real classic story comparable to his run as Batman and NTT, he is this Kid Sidekick who led the Teen Titans, worked with Superman and other high caliber superheroes, and just infiltrated an intelligence agency and overturned it yet in his solo runs who operates like a street level vigilante and is unsure of what he really wants to be in life. Nightwing should have his own set of Titans while the other originals each have their team and they work on specific target areas while he protects Bludhaven like a seasoned veteran due to his training and all the people he has been around. I never saw why all things need to be a crossover when it is another hero or interfere with each other's story lines.

That, or you know. No Grant Morrison or prime 80's Wolfman. Though IMO Dixon's run was a classic.

Scott Snyder too, and Seeley has a good balance so far of adding new and refreshing old things to push the character without leaving out anything significant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Scott Snyder too, and Seeley has a good balance so far of adding new and refreshing old things to push the character without leaving out anything significant.
    The only time Scott ever cared about Dick was when he was Batman. I don't think he has any investment whatsoever in the Nightwing identity, or even Agent 37 but that was too brief to tell.

Astonishing Member

On the subject of Grayson. Don't know if it was posted here but the series won an award in Japan for best foreign comic series. There was a tweet about it but I can't find it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Higgins wasn't awful. I liked the first 9 issues of Nightwing. Then it slumped pretty hard till he got to Chicago. The chicago stuff at least had the right tone.

Prefer seeley though, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    On the subject of Grayson. Don't know if it was posted here but the series won an award in Japan for best foreign comic series. There was a tweet about it but I can't find it.
    Yeah, the Gaiman Award for 2016, First Place no less.

The closest thing I could find to an actual source, but it was where I first saw it: http://https://twitter.com/SEN1227/s...39105546870786

Note the name, "Gaiman," comes from the Japanese words for foreign and comic (manga), not Neil Gaiman, lol.

Gotham Academy got Third Place this year. The only other times a DC comic has won, was the first year, 2011 (Superman: Red Son won Second Place) and last year (Johns' New 52 Shazam).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Higgins wasn't awful. I liked the first 9 issues of Nightwing. Then it slumped pretty hard till he got to Chicago. The chicago stuff at least had the right tone.

Prefer seeley though, obviously.
    Higgins tried his best and he really cared about Dick Grayson, but I think he kept getting hamstrung by editorial interference. So, I was wondering: Did the wretched "Death of the Family" 'happen' now that we're in the "Rebirth" stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    So, I was wondering: Did the wretched "Death of the Family" 'happen' now that we're in the "Rebirth" stuff?
    Rebirth isn't a reboot, so yes.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Rebirth isn't a reboot, so yes.
    Dammittt! Was hoping Dick just steps out of the shower and says, "It was all just a bad dream." The Haly's Circus Slaughter was sickening and it'd be nice if "it never happened."

To be fair Haley Circus being a breeding ground for zombie assassins corrupted it a bit. Hard to look at it the same way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be fair Haley Circus being a breeding ground for zombie assassins corrupted it a bit. Hard to look at it the same way.
    Something else that has annoyed me. I'd rather Haly's Circus had remained just a happy memory from Dick's childhood.

Ya it's one of those things where to me, short term, and story wise, it made for an interesting twist, but long term it forever corrupts Haley Ciricus and Dick's childhood home. I think there doing the same thing with Batwoman and her dad. Short term and story wise it made for an interesting twist, but long term it corrupts one of her key supporting characters.

Ya it's one of those things where to me, short term, and story wise, it made for an interesting twist, but long term it forever corrupts Haley Ciricus and Dick's childhood home. I think there doing the same thing with Batwoman and her dad. Short term and story wise it made for an interesting twist, but long term it corrupts one of her key supporting characters.
    Not to get too off-track, but I don't mind at all what's being done with Jacob. I don't think he's being corrupted or handled badly at all, and looking back it's easy to see how his current status slots into prexisting continuity, which is very cool.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Agreed, however unlike the Batwoman twist it wasn't even an interesting twist. Tynion has some idea along with Bennet where to take it but Higgins was just too busy trying to ape Snyder to give anything else consideration. It came out of nowhere , didn't do anything for Dick's story as the COO wasn't even a Dick story and then fizzled out entirely.