Page 9 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaDrake View Post
    On DC`s official site its listed as July 2. It was also a part of the July solicits.
    Oh. Then maybe I'm talking absolute nonsense.

Cause #3 is the September "Future's End" tie-in isn't it? My bad!

Gonna pick up the entire Nightwing run just so I appreciate the character more and get emotionally attached so I can actually have a genuine opinion on the new series.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LanternWolf View Post
    Gonna pick up the entire Nightwing run just so I appreciate the character more and get emotionally attached so I can actually have a genuine opinion on the new series.
    Good luck!

So I've been trying to read some Seeley to get an idea of what to expect from the new series. So far I've noticed it's a lot of magic and hocus. Undead people, super powers, and mystical nonsense. Not really the kind of thing I'm hoping to see in a secret agent/spy book about a guy with no powers. It is the kind of thing I'd expect to see if Dick is revived as one of the Talon Zombies though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    So I've been trying to read some Seeley to get an idea of what to expect from the new series. So far I've noticed it's a lot of magic and hocus. Undead people, super powers, and mystical nonsense. Not really the kind of thing I'm hoping to see in a secret agent/spy book about a guy with no powers. It is the kind of thing I'd expect to see if Dick is revived as one of the Talon Zombies though.
    I'd actually like to see a little of that once in awhile. I'd like to see Dick in every situation from Checkpoint Charlie to Zombies. As good as the Dixon run was, Dick never really got out of the Bludhaven Underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Good luck!
    Haha! maybe i'm a bit daft but that's a real wish of good luck right? Now I feel like Sheldon if I didn't pick up on the sarcasm.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LanternWolf View Post
    Haha! maybe i'm a bit daft but that's a real wish of good luck right? Now I feel like Sheldon if I didn't pick up on the sarcasm.
    It is actually a real and true good luck wish. I probably have every peep and panel Nightwing/Dick Grayson ever made and it makes for one Hell of a giant paper fire hazard.

Don't worry, Seeley is going to write some espionage stuffs.

http://comicsalliance.com/tim-seeley...ics-interview/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I still haven't read Hack/Slash, but I read a fair bit of Revival for the same reason. There is a lot of the "hocus pocus-y" stuff, but I don't think he will write that into a spy thriller inspired super hero book. Revival isn't my favorite book, but after reading it, I think he will be able to write a good story with well developed characters. I don't get the feel that he is a one trick pony or anything. He seems to like the undead genre (not my personaly cup of tea), but within the genre he seems a strong writer. I like him for the job thus far. I'll have a more well rounded opinion come May 28 when Nightwing 30/ Grayson 0 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Don't worry, Seeley is going to write some espionage stuffs.

http://comicsalliance.com/tim-seeley...ics-interview/
    I do like what he's saying, and the CIA guy gives me even more hope. He is a good writer, I'm just leery about Zombies right now. DC caught up to the Vampire craze a couple years late, so it's about time for them to start with the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I still haven't read Hack/Slash, but I read a fair bit of Revival for the same reason. There is a lot of the "hocus pocus-y" stuff, but I don't think he will write that into a spy thriller inspired super hero book. Revival isn't my favorite book, but after reading it, I think he will be able to write a good story with well developed characters. I don't get the feel that he is a one trick pony or anything. He seems to like the undead genre (not my personaly cup of tea), but within the genre he seems a strong writer. I like him for the job thus far. I'll have a more well rounded opinion come May 28 when Nightwing 30/ Grayson 0 comes out.
    Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about Revival, but he did a good job with placing it in a recognizable reality. I also liked the detective work, so I think he can do a good story without all this stuff. Also, I guess it is the DCU so there is going to be some extremely crazy stuff happening no matter how "real" he tries to keep it. It all comes down to what we see in two weeks. (I'm not even sure I still remember what's happening in FE)

Incredible Member

Dick Grayson has been my guy since the early sixties when I first started reading comics (yes I'm that old) and heis my favorite Robin. And he did a great job as Nightwing and Batman as well. Can't wait to see him as a spy, do you think it will be straight spy adventures or more James Bond like?

All-New Member

I like my comic book characters to be written with direction, motivations, and such. Nightwing is my favorite DC character and I think this whole thing of calling him Grayson and making him a spy just seems sooo forced.. There are a lot of things about the character of Dick Grayson that are seeming to be pushed aside just to make this book.. Dick isn't Batman, he isn't the loner, his relationships within the DC Universe even the New 52 help to define him and his differences from Batman. Having him blindly follow Batman on this mission and lying to all of his friends to do so just doesn't seem to be in character... This whole SPY story I think would make much more sense if they had used Jason Todd to fill the role...

Doesn't seem like they're pushing anything aside, though quite frankly we won't know that until the book actually come outs. It seems like they're purposely putting him in an seemingly unusual situation. They're taking him out of his comfort zone. And the contrast between the character and the situation is where the potential drama lies. Dick shouldn't just do what he's expected to do. Thats an easy way to get stuck and become boring, and Dick has suffered over the years because of a reluctance to do something other than what was expected.

Plus now Nightwing doesn't have to worry about being different from just Batman anymore. Now there's Red Robin, and Red Hood, and even Batwing. This is why even though i adore the Nightwing persona, im ok with him ditching it for a while. Its been diluted. There too many Nightwings around now. When Dick become Nightwing it was something unexpected, even the creators didn't think DC would let them do it, but now its become what all the Robins do when they get older.
    So now Dick has to blaze a new trail yet again if he's going to stand out and be different. Luckily thats what the character is good at. Though if this works it probably won't be long before Tim and Jason start working for Spyrl too, but then i guess Dick can go back to being Nightwing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-10-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragginmajik View Post
    I like my comic book characters to be written with direction, motivations, and such. Nightwing is my favorite DC character and I think this whole thing of calling him Grayson and making him a spy just seems sooo forced.. There are a lot of things about the character of Dick Grayson that are seeming to be pushed aside just to make this book.. Dick isn't Batman, he isn't the loner, his relationships within the DC Universe even the New 52 help to define him and his differences from Batman. Having him blindly follow Batman on this mission and lying to all of his friends to do so just doesn't seem to be in character... This whole SPY story I think would make much more sense if they had used Jason Todd to fill the role...
    Nah, Grayson is the ultimate Team Player - whether leader or not - and as such is going to make better spy than any of the other members of the Family. Todd and Bruce couldn't take an instruction, and Tim doesn't have the field savvy. Barbara wouldn't be interested in the job, and Kate's already set herself against that kind of thing.

I'll miss Nightwing - the brilliant Batman Eternal is missing his cheery buccaneering style of acrobatics among its well-characterised but naturally "down" cast - but this Spyral role is something that ONLY Dick can pull off, in universe and out, and has the potential to do great things for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nah, Grayson is the ultimate Team Player - whether leader or not - and as such is going to make better spy than any of the other members of the Family. Todd and Bruce couldn't take an instruction, and Tim doesn't have the field savvy. Barbara wouldn't be interested in the job, and Kate's already set herself against that kind of thing.

I'll miss Nightwing - the brilliant Batman Eternal is missing his cheery buccaneering style of acrobatics among its well-characterised but naturally "down" cast - but this Spyral role is something that ONLY Dick can pull off, in universe and out, and has the potential to do great things for the character.
    I'm looking toward it with guarded optimism. DC loves yanking the rug out from under Wingnuts.