Page 998 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 498898948988994995996997998999100010011002100810481098 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    They`re second most well know because you barely have big ships or at all in this franchise. Actually, wait, there`s Harley and Joker, that`s a bigger second place than they will be.

What success? That`s the question.
    I said Batfamily. I dunno, if you want of course you can add them here, but I always thought it's silly to mingle villains with heroes, if it's not mixed couple like Bat and Cat.

C'mon now.

DickBabs CAN be good, it can work. I don't see why we are not allowed to complain when it is not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    And? It hardly changes anything. Despite having weak run as a couple, it's clear that they're popular and well-liked together (well, except this place )
    I see DickKory as Teen Titans/Titans thing and DickBabs as Batfamily. So, two brands, two relationships that rarely crossover.
    The choice between Dick as a Titans character or mainly Batfam once again has its advantages and disadvantages

My only hope is Titans outside popularity, like DickKori in the animated movie and potentially the tv show. Or a writer that wants an interracial couple instead of lead white guy/ white girl again.
    Last edited by Alycat; 06-21-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    They arent a power couple because they've rarely been a couple. Their relationship crashed and burned in the best known representation of it in the animated series. Babs being more popular has nothing to do with her romance with Dick being considered a power couple. Also how much more popular is she? Yes, Starfire doesnt have a solo but I don't think the gulf in overall popularity is actually that wide.
    I wasn't aware there was a specific amount of time a couple had to be together for them to be considered a couple. They've been together and were engaged, and she has been Dick's main love interest ever since he has been back in the Batman editorial department. So basically since he has been a solo character.

Batgirl is probably DC's 3rd biggest character behind Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn right now. Maybe you could argue Catwoman in there too, but she is DC's 2nd biggest female hero. Starfire maybe cracks the top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    DickBabs CAN be good, it can work. I don't see why we are not allowed to complain when it is not.
    Half of them complaining about DickBabs just in general being together. Not about how good or how bad they're written.
    Okay, I hate feeling myself as DickBabs supporter o.O

Half of them complaining about DickBabs just in general being together. Not about how good or how bad they're written.
    Okay, I hate feeling myself as DickBabs supporter o.O
    I'd be surprised if as many as half of them believed DickBabs getting together is what's happening here at all. If it is, then, while I would prefer Dick didn't instantly rebound into Babs after Shawn it can be written well. But half-assed will they, won't theys that don't commit to anything I'm pretty confident in dismissing as not worth either characters' time personally.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wasn't aware there was a specific amount of time a couple had to be together for them to be considered a couple. They've been together and were engaged, and she has been Dick's main love interest ever since he has been back in the Batman editorial department. So basically since he has been a solo character.

Batgirl is probably DC's 3rd biggest character behind Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn right now. Maybe you could argue Catwoman in there too, but she is DC's 2nd biggest female hero. Starfire maybe cracks the top 10?
    I think Supergirl has gotten a lot of pull to be considered 2 or 3 behind Batgirl in the female hero category. I don't see how Starfire doesn't crack the top 10 either.

You know it actually doesn't feel like they've been together that long for some reason. I think I just didn't like how his solo often pushed off his relationship with Kory as nothing and started the whole Dick and Babs were meant to be stuff. But your right in that Bat editorial has made her his main love interest. Despite not being a fan of a lot of Titans stuff at least it kept him connected outside of the Batfam and in that way his relationship with Starfire made a lot more sense.

BANNED

I said Batfamily. I dunno, if you want of course you can add them here, but I always thought it's silly to mingle villains with heroes, if it's not mixed couple like Bat and Cat.

C'mon now.
    Don`t see it as an attack but talking about it makes me feel like I`m in a parellell universe where this ship is considered big on the ground of you barely having any to compare with. In terms of the ship itself what have they ever done with it that makes it flat out a success?

She was older than Dick when first introduced, was Dick`s co-star in stories in "Batman Family". Classic text fling that was translated to the animated show`s first season where they had a college thing going on before knowing their identities but this ends up being the same media/verse that geared towards the Barbara/Bruce ship, going throught Beyond and Killing Joke, same with the 66`tv show.

I dunno, when it comes to something above a tease, you have one season of the animated series versus decades of published material with Starfire, the current Judas Contrat animated movie, so on. But sure, Batgirl is the bigger solo character but that doesn`t do anything to me when it comes to ship a relationship. To me, Kory/Dick is miles bigger. They`ve actually done stuff with it.

Ah well.

Don`t see it as an attack but talking about it makes me feel like I`m in a parellell universe where this ship is considered big on the ground of you barely having any to compare with. In terms of the ship itself what have they ever done with it that makes it flat out a success?

She was older than Dick when first introduced, was Dick`s co-star in stories in "Batman Family". Classic text fling that was translated to the animated show`s first season where they had a college thing going on before knowing their identities but this ends up being the same media/verse that geared towards the Barbara/Bruce ship, going throught Beyond and Killing Joke, same with the 66`tv show.

I dunno, when it comes to something above a tease, you have one season of the animated series versus decades of published material with Starfire, the current Judas Contrat animated movie, so on. But sure, Batgirl is the bigger solo character but that doesn`t do anything to me when it comes to ship a relationship. To me, Kory/Dick is miles bigger. They`ve actually done stuff with it.

Ah well.
    They were together in the Dixon run on Nightwing. Well, it was kinda crucial to the dynamic that this was Oracle, not Batgirl but still.

BANNED

Well, okay, how long were they together? What important/iconic/big story moments you have out of it? Maybe there`s something I`m missing something in terms of character development.

Well, okay, how long were they together? What important/iconic/big story moments you have out of it? Maybe there`s something I`m missing something in terms of character development.
    There was the iconic story of Dick being engaged to Kori then sleeping with Babs and giving her the wedding invitation right after it. It was so romantic and beautiful how Dick used Barbara to relieve his sexual tension and cheating on his fiance.
    ...no seriously I'm gonna complain as much as I want because I simply don't see any future for these two. DC are only ever serious about their relationship when they try to increase sales otherwise they mess up over and over again.

They were in a relationship together give or take at least 5 years, broke up then engaged for a hot second like 2 years later. It was something Dixon built and develop through out his lengthy runs on both BoP and Nightwing simultaneously.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-21-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Birds of Prey #8

Quote Originally Posted by batsgrayson View Post
    Birds of Prey #8
    Love that issue.

Ah well.
    Ever heard of different levels of success? Yes, they're far from Lois/Clark or Bat/Cat level, you can even argue that DickKory above them right now or that DC has small number of couples to compete (huh) or that their run was meh (which is not far from truth); with all of that DickBabs still one of the most prominent and easily recognizable DC couples. You can dismiss it as "not enough to be success", I'm not gonna argue with you. Let's just agree to disagree, 'cause I honestly feel myself so strange defending DickBabs.
    I still think, that Dick has two high profile romances in two different brands.
    Bruce/Babs can have another "action on the rooftop" scene, their couple will never be accepted or popularized. It has "sick, inappropriate" label on it. You can see it from the fact, that it never really took off and always strongly criticized.
    Last edited by nightbird; 06-21-2017 at 02:43 PM.