Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    It's not a leap at all, he has been pretty powerful the previous times we've seen him.

Not it's not,The inheritors don't care about Peter individually. They want to feed on all Spider-Totems, not just Peter. Heck, Spider-Man 2099 #5 reveals that Morlun is afraid of 616 Peter.
    Wasnt it spiderman 2099 he was afraid of? So far as i know, 616 peter is still oblivious of the whole dimentional spider eaters.

I just want to see someone being too much for them, like a dimension where spider- man is with thor or something and he has to back off or atleast escape from thor to kill that spider-man. If nothing short of the living tribunal can stop them then its just silly.

Speaking off him, you'd think he would get involved since this seems to be a multiversal threat. Not that killing spidermen is threatening the multiverse, but it seems killing tons of spider totems do have a effect on the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Considering that Morlun last "death" involved a demon horde, i doubt any of the Ghost Riders could fair any better. As for Captain Universe, Morlun took down Genis Vell rather easily, so i'm not sure Captain Universe can do better.
    I'd like to think the Ghost Riders are a few thousand notches above a demon horde though. Thing is, it would make too much sense and be an easy out. Besides, Doc Ock is way to arrogant to ask for outsider help. I'm sure even asking the other spiders knocked his ego off a bit. Maybe if there was a Ghost Rider Spidey...

Thing is, Morlun's crew are being very selective with their kills, so I don't think they can just hunt any spider at any time. I think they bat in their ballpark until they've absorbed enough Spider-totems to take on the bigger threats. I'd think they strategically plan out their hunts and doubt they would attack Spider-man while he was with a bunch of high powered Avengers unless that universe's Avengers were particularly weak, as shown and stated in some worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Well as mentioned he has done some impressive things with the black panther story arc. But the last couple of weeks he and his family did stuff like draining a cosmic of a alternate dimension version of the avengers. Im at work now but when i get home ill try and scan the part. They feel like the terminators of the multiverse....everyone they meet just has to run from them.

They also manage to kill a "spider god" but he had no real feats so cant comment on that one.
    Wow, that's impressive. In what issues did this happen?
    And we never really got to know how powerful Morlun really is. He was always... There, killing, and coming back. ... Creppy dude.
    Anyway, guess now we're getting answers.

I just want to see someone being too much for them, like a dimension where spider- man is with thor or something and he has to back off or atleast escape from thor to kill that spider-man.
    LOL funny, I also thought about Thor, too.
    How about a dimension where spidey and thor are gay and married
    But considering everything Morlun has done until now, I'd say he can give Thor a fight. Specially a jobbing one.

and

and

Thanks for the scans
    o_o
    Amazing...

I hope Morlun has a very violent demise. He deserves no sympathy.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Wasnt it spiderman 2099 he was afraid of?
    No? What made you think he was afraid of Spider-Man 2099? He's been killing several version of Spider-Man 2099.

It's earth 616 and 616 Peter he's afraid off, hence why he didn't go after Miguel who's in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I'd like to think the Ghost Riders are a few thousand notches above a demon horde though.
    Perhaps, but they were all working for a Death deity, who would likely be more powerful than than a GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post

Thing is, Morlun's crew are being very selective with their kills, so I don't think they can just hunt any spider at any time.
    Considering they've killed some gods and cosmic beings, i'm not sure if they are being selective.

Heck, they've probably would have had to fight a few Captain Universe Spider-Men. Besides, the Master Weaver is the one that picks were they go and considering he's there against his will, he probably already tried getting them killed by sending them to a Cosmic powered Spider.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 10-23-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Wasnt it spiderman 2099 he was afraid of? So far as i know, 616 peter is still oblivious of the whole dimentional spider eaters.
    616 Peter is the only spider that has managed to kill any of the Inheritors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Morlun is as strong as he needs to be to advance the plot. When its time to defeat him, Spider-Man or one of the other spiders will pull something out of their ass and win. Same as the first time he and Spider-Man fought.

Question is - what is the goal here? If everything just returns to the same status quo, then the story will feel like a waste of time.
    There's a difference between "using your brain" and "pulling something out of your ass". People give JMS a lot of crap for his Spider-Totem stuff, but one of the strengths of that original story was that Peter never really bought all the way in. He listened, but he was still doubting Thomas, and it was that doubt, that thought of his that he wasn't some mystical spider avatar but a radioactive experiment gone awry, that allowed him to defeat Morlun in the first place. It led him to that plan of his that led to Morlun's defeat. It's not really out of nowhere if you're paying attention.

According to that one version of Miguel, it was that universe because in that universe is where he died.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    616 Peter is the only spider that has managed to kill any of the Inheritors.
    And even though I've only really been exposed to this through 2099, this is kind of why Spider-Verse doesn't work for me. Maybe it's just a ham-handed attempt to make the "main" Spider-Man more special than the rest, but if one Spider-Man can beat Morlun, other Spider-Men can beat Morlun. Perhaps not every single one of them. Ironically despite thinking its a waste I can see how one-legged out of practice Spider-Man from the MC-2 couldn't, but they shouldn't all just be helpless insta-kills like they're being portrayed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    And even though I've only really been exposed to this through 2099, this is kind of why Spider-Verse doesn't work for me. Maybe it's just a ham-handed attempt to make the "main" Spider-Man more special than the rest, but if one Spider-Man can beat Morlun, other Spider-Men can beat Morlun. Perhaps not every single one of them. Ironically despite thinking its a waste I can see how one-legged out of practice Spider-Man from the MC-2 couldn't, but they shouldn't all just be helpless insta-kills like they're being portrayed.

Yes but Peter had to go to very extreme lengths in order to beat Morlun those first two times

First time he injected himself with dangerous amounts of radiation that could have possibly killed him & fooled Morlun into snacking on him. I'm not so sure any of the other multiple Spider-men out there would be willing to take that same risk.

Second time Peter let "The Other" take over as and it just savagely destroyed Morlun. Right now Kaine is the only one who has "The Other" backing him so he out of everyone else involved in this thing might be best equipped to deal with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Morlun is as strong as he needs to be to advance the plot. When its time to defeat him, Spider-Man or one of the other spiders will pull something out of their ass and win. Same as the first time he and Spider-Man fought.

Question is - what is the goal here? If everything just returns to the same status quo, then the story will feel like a waste of time.
    And they've already set it up in 2099 when it was made known that Morlun fears stepping foot into the the 616-verse as he can be harmed there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yes but Peter had to go to very extreme lengths in order to beat Morlun those first two times

First time he injected himself with dangerous amounts of radiation that could have possibly killed him & fooled Morlun into snacking on him. I'm not so sure any of the other multiple Spider-men out there would be willing to take that same risk.

Second time Peter let "The Other" take over as and it just savagely destroyed Morlun. Right now Kaine is the only one who has "The Other" backing him so he out of everyone else involved in this thing might be best equipped to deal with these guys.
    Sure, he had to work hard to do it, but not so much that EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE FAILED.

The only reason Peter couldn't fight Morlun in the other is he was already weakened and then half dead went all savage and killed him fairly easily