Extraordinary Member

Default Diana Prince: Agent of SHIELD (spoilers)

Adrianne Palicki made her debut last night on AGENTS OF SHIELD and was pretty damn amazing.

And tall! Damn, she towered over her female costars! I never realized.

Some shoddy script work in the pilot aside, it made me genuinely disappointed her Wonder Woman was not picked up.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Adrianne Palicki made her debut last night on AGENTS OF SHIELD and was pretty damn amazing.

And tall! Damn, she towered over her female costars! I never realized.

Some shoddy script work in the pilot aside, it made me genuinely disappointed her Wonder Woman was not picked up.
    Adrianne was universally praised for her work on Friday Night Lights too. I blame DEK for that trainwreck of a pilot. Oh, and I think she's 6 ft barefoot!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Oh, and I think she's 6 ft barefoot!
    From the looks of the Supernatural pilot, she would have to be somewhere around there.

BANNED

she is really tall, and beautiful. saw her on GI cobra and she had good guns on her arms.

it's really a shame that the pilot was so awful, we could ahve a WW tv show all these years

I loved her in the episode ... and to be honest, the WW pilot wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. I watched if recently and realized there was a lot of potential for an interesting show, certainly had a LONG character development arc, but was an interesting spin on Diana's world

Oh man, I wish I had known about this! I'll have to catch this episode later. I haven't watched Agents of SHIELD yet but I was planning to get into it at some point.

Will I be able to follow what's going on without having seen any other episodes before?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I loved her in the episode ... and to be honest, the WW pilot wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. I watched if recently and realized there was a lot of potential for an interesting show, certainly had a LONG character development arc, but was an interesting spin on Diana's world
    Honestly, if they hadn't screwed up the initial costume which featured a trashy Halloween vibe and hadn't had her murder the glorified security guard with a pipe to the throat and hadn't literally tortured the truth out of the bad guy...the rest was either good or salvageable. But with WW making FOUR live-action appearances on the silver screen in the next several years, including a long awaited solo film, and with the huge budget necessary to feature her in all her goddess glory, I won't complain.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Honestly, if they hadn't screwed up the initial costume which featured a trashy Halloween vibe and hadn't had her murder the glorified security guard with a pipe to the throat and hadn't literally tortured the truth out of the bad guy...the rest was either good or salvageable. But with WW making FOUR live-action appearances on the silver screen in the next several years, including a long awaited solo film, and with the huge budget necessary to feature her in all her goddess glory, I won't complain.
    As you know, I never thought Adrianne was a good fit for Wonder Woman. I don't think she looks as good as a brunette versus her light brown/blond hair color. Plus that costume was so awful that any chance she would get from people like me who didn't like her initial casting was confirmed in a sense.

But I saw a promo photo of her in the Mockingbird costume and that was a good picture as well as costume. Sounds like they didn't go to the Halloween party store this time