Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default All New X-Factor #9 Preview

X-POSITION: Marts Madness Redux!
    All New x-Factor 9 Preview

I see Doug is back. Loving Remy's look too.
    Last edited by MrMcMuffin; 05-09-2014 at 07:41 AM.

The only major objective downside to previews is that if a person is obsessed with spoilers, they can see things in the previews that give away a general idea of what to expect out of issues in between. In this case, we see Georgia's still alive and interacting with the team during ANXF #9.

No dialogue, so no real way to know exactly how things are going down with the issue. Mrs. Snow seems to enjoy showing her boobs. Lorna looks a bit submissive and docile in front of Mr. Snow, from the way she's looking down in the first panel to her hands behind her back. I have mixed thoughts, which might change once I see dialogue. Mainly, I think the scene is good, on a personal level and as a Lorna fan. Snow's the owner of the team, essentially making him Lorna's boss or supervisor, which means you can expect Lorna to possibly act this way when Snow's making demands of a team he owns and that is allowing Lorna to benefit through information and technology the company provides. The only thing that gives me mixed thoughts from the perspective of a general reader is that I'm not completely sure if it fits the "she's unstable" narrative. I guess that depends on the way the dialogue in the first panel comes out. I'm leaning toward "it fits" purely because I think the severity of how threatened she feels could be the difference between "normal" behavior, and aggressive behavior.

I'd also just like to take this opportunity to repeat that Lorna is wearing 90s RPG attire. :P

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

After seeing these panels, I'm beginning to wonder if that is, in fact, Mrs. Snow. Remember how we all jumped the gun and thought it was Lorna in the hot tub with Nil when the previews for #2 came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Remember how we all jumped the gun and thought it was Lorna in the hot tub with Nil when the previews for #2 came out?
    I really don't.

I remember noting it was a possibility, but it never seemed like it would fit Lorna. While in her current state, I don't think she's the type you'd expect to be lounging around naked in hot tubs with random men like Nil out of nowhere. It might have fit her behavior back during the Austen era given the Gambit stripper and all, but not current ANXF Lorna.

However, this makes me think of something that is perhaps a real eye-opener: was the woman with Nil in that hot tub blonde? I don't have my issue of ANXF #3 on hand, but it makes me wonder if THAT was Mrs. Snow and we only didn't notice because we weren't introduced to her yet. If that's true, it's very clever subtle work out of Peter David, and it raises a lot of questions about how Nil ended up targeting Serval, how he got Danger, what Mrs. Snow's end game is, etc.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'd also just like to take this opportunity to repeat that Lorna is wearing 90s RPG attire. :P
    Suikoden and X-Factor in a single thread? I came out of wipe-retirement to congratulate you on being my new favorite person.

Well, if that is Mrs Snow - I will guess Remy doesn't ask for a last name before picking her up. LOL. I can't wait for this issue.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Love preview!
    PAD and Carmine are awesome.

I like that Remy look good.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    However, this makes me think of something that is perhaps a real eye-opener: was the woman with Nil in that hot tub blonde? I don't have my issue of ANXF #3 on hand, but it makes me wonder if THAT was Mrs. Snow and we only didn't notice because we weren't introduced to her yet. If that's true, it's very clever subtle work out of Peter David, and it raises a lot of questions about how Nil ended up targeting Serval, how he got Danger, what Mrs. Snow's end game is, etc.
    Awesome theory, Salarta. It would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Suikoden and X-Factor in a single thread? I came out of wipe-retirement to congratulate you on being my new favorite person.
    Yay! I am new favorite personed. I wish I had something funny to say here, but I can't think of anything, so I'll say thanks and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Awesome theory, Salarta. It would be awesome!
    If someone doesn't check on it before me, I'll try to look into it later today. It's a fun theory anyway regardless of if it's true.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-09-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Wait.
    WTF. where are the previews for #8??
    I haven't even read #7 yet?
    This is stressing me out.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Wait.
    Its just unlettered colored artwork for #9. #8 previews are not out yet. In a couple of weeks. This was part of the X:Position with Marts that was done a few hours ago.

No need to stress. You aren't missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Wait.
    It's no big deal. It's not unusual for unlettered advanced previews of issues to come out before letter previews of an earlier inssue.

Charmingly expressive art as usual. ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Its just unlettered colored artwork for #9. #8 previews are not out yet. In a couple of weeks. This was part of the X:Position with Marts that was done a few hours ago.

No need to stress. You aren't missing anything.
    Thanks. That's kind of weird to do things that way, but whatever.
    Art is great. I LOVE CDG's eyebrows.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I really am looking forward to the dialogue with these pages. Wonder if the "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women" is in that bar scene.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-09-2014 at 01:45 PM.