Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    It seems like I never hear too much about this run, compared to Stan & Jack's, Walt Simonson's (My favorite run ever), Straczynski's and even Aaron's current run, so I just wondering how it compares. Is it essential Thor reading?
    His run was great. It wasn't as good as Simonson's. The Dark Gods were great.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thor fans should give Walter Simonson's RAGNARÖK over at IDW a chance
    Yes. It is one of the best books. The only problem is we only get 2-3 issues a year it seems.

It is OK. I found it very difficult to get into or even care to start with. Jurgen's seemed to get Jane very wrong based on the material only a few months previously, and Jurgens was very much influenced by Superman. However once I did finally get into it (third time of trying) I found it pretty good. I think it asks some interesting questions and does some interesting things. It is a little bit stranded as a story, because it is never really adressed again, and even the immediately following story is a huge departure.

Is it important to read for an understanding of Thor? Absolutely not. Is it worth reading? On balance yes. It's a very modern comic and it develops some interesting themes. Just don't worry too much about the fine details because Jurgens didn't seem to.

I really liked it at first. The Dark Gods saga was great. However, I lost intrest in it after Odin died, and the whole Thor Lord of Asgard thing began (though I found the look Thor had going then awsome). It's not that it was bad, but I was reading a lot of things back then and it sort of fell of my list.

Peace

Just re read it, may be a first for me enjoying Romita's art. Had some great art through that volume. Anyone know what Vito or McKone is doing? Kubert's art makes me want him back on Cap with Waid, too. Forget sometimes how rich Thor's supporting cast really is .. with Bill, Sif, ManGog, Amora, Loki, Jane etc...