Page 152 of 212 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3171
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Yes. But like I say, rare.

I suppose Morgan Le Fey is plausible. They haven't interacted in what some folks might think as being hugely memorable ways, but they certainly aren't unknown to each other.

The last occasion I believe would be on Chuck Austen's Avengers - where Brian and Meggan empowered Kelsey Leigh to be the new Earth 616 Captain to help defeat her.

Sat-yr-9 would definitely be a good option if we were going to start doing multiverse stories. Though maybe not as a first option. You'd probably want to establish Courtney Ross first. The strongest moment of Sat-yr-9's story was in killing Courtney, and taking over her life.

Yes. And actually, I think that there is infinitely more potential with THAT version of Betsy. I would want all 3 Braddock siblings at the heart of any movie. Whether that would be before or after the death of their parents, I don't know. But it's a potentially strong dynamic which is absolutely worth exploring.
    Jamie would be a great villain for the movie....

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post

In the long run, yes. Though I think you'd have to establish him first.

The relationship between the Braddock Siblings is something we don't see enough of these days (And thank Rick Remender for screwing it up quite so utterly last time around). Though, in all honesty, it was also something we didn't really see a enough of in the pre-Excalibur decade either.

If we did get a movie that is something I would love to see more of. I also think that perhaps using James Braddock Snr as they did in The Ultimates might be a good introduction for both he and Brian.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Fantastic Member

Whoa! I wouldn't say it's on those kind of levels.
    Understand, I don't have any ire towards you for having the idea. I just really, really don't like that particular one, probably because I saw it thrown up so often in the past, stated like it was already established fact, and usually by the same people who hated on Brian. "Oh, Meggan is so wonderful and magical and a faerie, and Brian is a drunken, violent brute who mistreats the wonderful Meggan." Blech. I love Meggan too, but I don't see any need to do Brian down as a way of somehow theoretically elevating her status.
    I have no problem with weaving any character into British folklore in other senses. If anything I'd like to see a more prevalent folklore vibe added to parts of Marvel's Britain. Not in a corny, Hollywood interpreted way. More like the vibe we had from the original Knights of Pendragon series.
    I'd like that too. But I think it could be done by looking into Meggan's missing family. She mentioned her "Daddy William" and his "crawly dolls" when she was a prisoner in Jaspers' concentration camps, and she made them sound quite sinister. So maybe there's magic in the family, or a very dark strain of mutancy. Either could also explain her affinity to Baba Yaga.

It would be interesting to see how she might react to an illegitimate sister (I'm suspecting NOT WELL) and it could be an interesting way to introduce and shape the feyfolk in a Marvel comics context.
    I suspect Tink's reaction to discovering she has an illegitimate half-sister would be along the lines of "Not another one. That makes several thousand at the last count."

I get what you mean. But there would need to be some kind of explanation as to how/why she was a shapechanger which did not involve an X-Gene. Something more than human. Something ideally from British folklore.
    Perhaps she is mutant, but one whose genetic alteration came from magical radiation, not atomic.

Btw, Sword, on a total aside (but still UK Marvel related), have you seen my Appendix entry for Bridgit Shane?
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/shanebridgit.htm
    I'm particularly interested in what you think of my speculation in the final paragraph of the comments.

The last occasion I believe would be on Chuck Austen's Avengers - where Brian and Meggan empowered Kelsey Leigh to be the new Earth 616 Captain to help defeat her.
    She really got the shaft. Bendis took over a couple of issues later, and Disassembled the team.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think Jamie Braddock would be ideal to set up like Baron Mordo in Doctor Strange... start him off as an ally and loving sibling, then start him down the path to uncontrolled insanity for a future movie.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...ritain-a152127

definitely not Christian Bale, but i like that the story is still going,

oh and i've changed my pick for CB to Tom Hopper from Black Sails

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    I'd rather him be a brother for a season or so, then like in the comics become more of a villain, then an anti-hero.
    To make him more dangerous, keep him sane. Let him understand reality and how to warp it. Insane power houses have been done to death. Sane ones are extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans74 View Post
    oh and i've changed my pick for CB to Tom Hopper from Black Sails
    Ha, that's who I suggested a year ago!
    cbth10.jpg
    I hate that Photobucket suddenly wants huge amounts of cash for the service of letting you imbed images. All my previous posts that used my PB account for pictures are now pictureless.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ha, that's who I suggested a year ago!
    cbth10.jpg
    I hate that Photobucket suddenly wants huge amounts of cash for the service of letting you imbed images. All my previous posts that used my PB account for pictures are now pictureless.
    haha, cool

Hopper is 6'5'' and already works out, but he's not yet a name so he'll be cheap and available (at least compared to some). Really, I think he's a viable option.

Astonishing Member

I think Bradley James would do good as Captain Britain, with Pete Wisdom played by Colin Morgan

No. No. No. No.
    I surrender to the Contest

To my thinking, the best candidate for Captain Britain is Dan Stevens right now. He's definitely getting to be a bigger star between LEGION and BEAUTY & THE BEAST (not to mention the DOWNTON ABBY diehards).

As far as villains, I think using the Technet as "hench-foes" (if for no other reason than I'd buy the hell out of a Thug toy) working for an evil member of the Captain Britain Corps would be a good way to go. And introducing the Corps would be a fun way to do a Green Lantern-esque story the RIGHT way, plus you can have fun with the idea of the actor playing multiple versions of the same character (though other actors/actresses/CGI would be used for the more overtly different Corps members).

BANNED

I'll post my dream cast when I get back home.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    No. No. No. No.
    Were the noes at me?