Page 66 of 212 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

And then a week later....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Well, one way or the other, glad to hear you got them in the end Captain Wessex. I really must get around to re-reading this run.

But then I remember that the past 6 months of monthly books are still sitting on my desk, at home. It's been a difficult, busy year...
    yeah, well, thing was, when I went on Amazon to get them originally, vol. 1 was out of stock. so I waited for like two months, then they suddenly got it in, so I ordered all 3 together. They shipped 2 and 3, said 1 would be another 2 weeks. that date slipped, they siad another 3. That slipped and they just gave me this vague 'we'll get back to you' garbage. I tried on Forbidden Planet and other online sites, no joy. I went to my local bookshop and asked in there, they said 'it's out of print'. It was at that point, I decided I'd get it from the Marketplace, but was a bit short of funds. Forgot about it, went back and like I said, some dunghole wants £250 for it! I thought sod that and went to eBay.
    I surrender to the Contest

Extraordinary Member

Anyone here hitting London Comic Con? I was actually gonna do so, with college splitting up on Thursday but I decided no.

Sorry DebkoX mate, would love to be there but can't!

CB gets a mention this week in 'Avengers'.......a line that addresses a lot of Brian's absences.
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

In the avengers issue they say that the reason he hasn't been seen is because spoilers:
    he is off policing other worlds
    end of spoilers
    Check out captainbritainblog for pics.
    http://thecaptainbritainblog.wordpre...ptain-britain/

Someone has created a piece of concept art which I think could totally work in the mcu.
    http://conceptibot.deviantart.com/ar...sign-488030599

that deviant art page doesn't want to load...

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hows everybody feel about Brian finally joining the Illuminati? It's about time if you ask me. Considering the gravity of the situation they find themselves in, they should have asked for help sooner. There is almost a stigma attached to being part of Hickman's team, and people seem to complain about the members being OOC, arrogant and arseholes all the time, but I'm happy to see Cap B having a role in such a vital part of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    that deviant art page doesn't want to load...
    Link to the UJ pic on tumblr. I hope this works!
    http://hellbentwisdom.tumblr.com/image/100904569109

Glad to see Captain Britain as part of the Illuminati. Looks pretty badass with the eye patch and long hair.
    My question is what has happened to Mi13, braddock academy and what tragedy has befallen the corp.
    Last edited by Demon Bowler; 10-26-2014 at 03:17 PM.

yeah, I got it to work later on.

Spectacular Member

Hi all,

Just been re-reading my Joe Kelly Deadpool and something occurred to me that never had before (despite having read the issues a million times!)....Blind Al is British! I checked in with Joe Kelly on Twitter and he confirmed.

So our Marvel UK roster grows by one....unless you all already knew that, I CAN be a bit slow.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Coming this Friday to Avengers UK......https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow
    Awesome. Can't wait to read. I'll be doing a few new images of My Psylocke as Lady Butterfly, so if you ever want to use her, you could.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Regarding the previous New Avengers issue ... What do folks think Captain Britain is hiding under the eye patch? What's so important that he doesn't want to lose it? Is anyone else getting an "Odin trading his eye for knowledge" vibe? I don't know a lot about the Captain Britain Corps, so is there some relic associated with them that Brian, as the last one, could be holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Regarding the previous New Avengers issue ... What do folks think Captain Britain is hiding under the eye patch? What's so important that he doesn't want to lose it? Is anyone else getting an "Odin trading his eye for knowledge" vibe? I don't know a lot about the Captain Britain Corps, so is there some relic associated with them that Brian, as the last one, could be holding?

i didn't notice that line ref the patch actually protecting/holding something underneath it
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Hi all,

Just been re-reading my Joe Kelly Deadpool and something occurred to me that never had before (despite having read the issues a million times!)....Blind Al is British! I checked in with Joe Kelly on Twitter and he confirmed.

So our Marvel UK roster grows by one....unless you all already knew that, I CAN be a bit slow.
    I didn't know so thats kind of cool. Do you think she may have worked with Lance Hunter at one point maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I didn't look into that line originally so thanks for pointing it out. I've heard people saying that it could be the watchers eye is underneath the patch.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    I didn't look into that line originally so thanks for pointing it out. I've heard people saying that it could be the watchers eye is underneath the patch.
    Someone mentioned that in the New Avengers thread, but I hope that's not the case, as I found all of Original Sin pretty lame -- except for Deodato's art.

I was wondering if it's more like Rich Rider Nova and the World Mind -- something that holds all the essence or knowledge of the dead Captain Britain Corps members. Or maybe one individual, or as I said before some relic? I go back to the idea of hidden knowledge or seeing gained by sacrifice, because of the Odin vibe, but I'm not sure what particular hidden knowledge or seeing would be particular to the Corp or to Brian in particular.