Page 178 of 212 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3171
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    kate beckinsale is done with the Underworld franchise. I wonder if she's even on Marvel's radar. she seems like the type they might pursue for a role like Morgana. sorry to say, she might have aged out of being one of the Braddocks (unless it's Brian and Betsy's mom). even with them looking to the earlier adventures of Captain Britain and Black Knight, I wonder if they will attempt to bring in someone like Peter Wisdom. he's now one of the more popular UK characters. and then there's Spitfire.
    Are you kidding me?

Samuel L Jackson is still doing action films.
    Helen Miren is like 11ty billion, and still doing action movies?

Why does a FIT women who happens to be 40+ happen to be "Aged Out"?

I do notice this applies mostly to women and not men for some silly reason.

She's too old for elizabeth Braddock?

Kate Beckinsale certainly hasn't aged out of being Betsy. I'd much prefer her as Spitfire but that's a personal preference.

They wouldn't start a Captain Britain franchise with a lead or leads already into their 40's. Mid 30's would be the latest that I could imagine for their ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Samuel L Jackson is still doing action films.
    Helen Miren is like 11ty billion, and still doing action movies?

Why does a FIT women who happens to be 40+ happen to be "Aged Out"?

I do notice this applies mostly to women and not men for some silly reason.

She's too old for elizabeth Braddock?

No, I'm not kidding. How could you be unaware of the double standard? That's why I said she would be up for a villain role. There isn't an age limit on villains. Helen Mirren won't be playing a marvel heroine either. It's an unpleasant fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    They wouldn't start a Captain Britain franchise with a lead or leads already into their 40's. Mid 30's would be the latest that I could imagine for their ages.
    No, I'm not kidding. How could you be unaware of the double standard? That's why I said she would be up for a villain role. There isn't an age limit on villains. Helen Mirren won't be playing a marvel heroine either. It's an unpleasant fact.
    Wow...
    I guess I'm naive then. A good looking FIT woman in her 40's is too old to start a franchise...
    Be nice once age'ism isn't a thing anymore. Because it makes no sense.

She's too old to be a good guy, so she has to be a bad guy?
    /shrug lol.

#shruglife

Wow...
    I guess I'm naive then. A good looking FIT woman in her 40's is too old to start a franchise...

She's too old to be a good guy, so she has to be a bad guy?
    /shrug lol.

#shruglife
    [IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/272/015/e32.p/IMG]
    I just know that she can't be Brian's twin. They are casting younger.

BANNED

I just know that she can't be Brian's twin. They are casting younger.
    I hear you man. It's just funny that Sandra Bullock is 53 and Kate Blanchett 48-49? Are leading a new Ocean's Trilogy. But Beckinsale is considered old. :P
    I'm not hating on you personally. I just find it hilarious in this day an age where character are commonly de-aged or left alone, the only option is to cast young.
    #shruglife.

https://www.eonline.com/news/905738/...omen-this-time

Wow...
    You're determined to make this about gender specific ageism - why are you focusing exclusively on Betsy? This is not about double standards. If the franchise is a Captain Britain franchise then he is the key piece of casting, and I'm saying I can't imagine casting an actor for Brian who is older than mid-thirties. Jamie could be early-to-mid forties depending again on where the actor cast for Brian falls in the age-range, but the optimum age for a super-hero is about thirty, imo.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Not getting into the agism argument, but I’d love Mirren would make an amazingly snarky Vixen. She needs stupid, but pretty, beefcake for her underlings.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 09-20-2018 at 06:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    You're determined to make this about gender specific ageism - why are you focusing exclusively on Betsy? This is not about double standards. If the franchise is a Captain Britain franchise then he is the key piece of casting, and I'm saying I can't imagine casting an actor for Brian who is older than mid-thirties. Jamie could be early-to-mid forties depending again on where the actor cast for Brian falls in the age-range, but the optimum age for a super-hero is about thirty, imo.
    Because it is ageism. Because she'd be a big part of it.
    Daniel Craig is in his forties, Idris Elba, Any of them could helm Captain Britain. Jamie Bamber etc. 40+, How young are we supposed to be making the Captain? Is he Young and Naive, or is he Experienced, as we know Marvel is done with direct origins.

MANY actors look young than they are. I'm 44 and people doubt when I say I have a 24 year old daughter. Some age very well. As a man I must say lol.
    But anyway. With people in their 50's look 35 to 40 a lot nowadays.

I guess we just have different perspectives on which age people should age out. Considering Downey Jr is 53... He leads the MCU. I'm saying 30 is an okay age. But most of the people in the current MCU are beyond 30, and still look good and can pull it off.
    I just find it funny women "age out" early.

A good looking 60 year old man can play a 40 year old Jamie lol.

I'll agree one thing in the films itself they should be around age 30ish. But to me the actor can be whatever as long as they can do the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not getting into the agism argument, but I’d love Mirrem would make an amazingly snarky Vixen. She needs stupid, but pretty, beefcake for her underlings.
    She would be an awesome long term Villain for Captain Britain. I hate the concept of one and done villains in movies. Even though I know the heroes have adventures inbetween films, the films are where the stakes are highest. It'd be awesome that after dealign with all these cosmic threats and Otherworldly Entities, his most dangerous foe is a snarky old lady.

Another version of Death's Head out there, folks.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...3-sleepwalker/

Death's Head merged with Dawkhawk inside an Infinity Gem as related by Sleepwalker!

Death's Head merged with Darkhawk - Sleepwalker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    Another version of Death's Head out there, folks.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...3-sleepwalker/

Death's Head merged with Dawkhawk inside an Infinity Gem as related by Sleepwalker!

Death's Head merged with Darkhawk - Sleepwalker.jpg
    That looks cool. Here is a question. Which Marvel UK characters would you like to see merged in a similar way?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Like London and other UK cities after the Blitz, the Britain Prevails thread shall rebuild! Post here for discussions regarding Marvel UK, Audacity Find My iPhone Origin Marvel's British characters, and maybe the odd discussion about British comics or comic characters not related to Marvel.
    Missed a trap, should've utilized that 'talking bollocks for quite a long time's string title somebody recommended

And Spider-geddon has killed off Spider-Brit.
    43618884_1223967231112168_7246341944182308864_n.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    And Spider-geddon has killed off Spider-Brit.
    43618884_1223967231112168_7246341944182308864_n.jpg
    That stinks, he's one of my favourite "Spider-Men". I hope it's only "temporary".

Btw, you mean Spider-UK, not -Brit.