Page 2 of 212 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Here you go:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

I missed the thing about appreciation threads getting closed, though?
    Where did you find/hear that info?

That's how it was phrased to me, elsewhere.

The phrasing in the Sticky is

"NO “OFFICIAL”, “DISCUSSION”, OR “THREAD” IN THREAD TITLES"

Which I'm not sure is quite the same thing, but would explain why Loki ammended our title. It steers us clear.

Still, several years of this thread are lost, which is something I personally am a bit miffed about.

And it still won't allow me to upload an Avatar, damnit.

They're really knucling down on self-promotion too. So I doubt I'll be able to use the Blog in my signature any longer, either.
    Last edited by The Sword is Drawn; 05-01-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    That's how it was phrased to me, elsewhere.

The phrasing in the Sticky is

"NO “OFFICIAL”, “DISCUSSION”, OR “THREAD” IN THREAD TITLES"

Which I'm not sure is quite the same thing, but would explain why Loki ammended our title. It steers us clear.

Still, several years of this thread are lost, which is something I personally am a bit miffed about.

And it still won't allow me to upload an Avatar, damnit.
    For the avatar, see if this helps:
    >settings>somethingsomething avatar on left>click on one of their generic, pre-existing avatars>save changes>when the page pops back up, there should be the option up top to "choose custom avatar".
    If that doesn't help, I can try a screen shot to show you, in case it's confusing.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I would say absolutely, yes. It plays with the concept of Otherword in a very modern and interesting way.
    Wow - that was fast! Thanks for the reply

It's on the list to be bought then. Of course there's over a hundred other things on that list, but still...

I think I am going to skip to my Alan Moore CB book.
    Not because I dislike "Birth of a Legend", but because my Moore book is soft cover and more comfortable to read while lying on my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Where is Jessica Hyde? View Post
    Wow - that was fast! Thanks for the reply

It's on the list to be bought then. Of course there's over a hundred other things on that list, but still...

We aim to please.

Yeah, providing CBR will let us now we'll try to answer queries relating to Marvel UK here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    For the avatar, see if this helps:
    >settings>somethingsomething avatar on left>click on one of their generic, pre-existing avatars>save changes>when the page pops back up, there should be the option up top to "choose custom avatar".
    If that doesn't help, I can try a screen shot to show you, in case it's confusing.

I've tried. But each time I opt to upload a new Custom Avatar as soon as I click 'Save Changes' it removes the file from the dialogue box and does not update the Avatar. Frustrating

Still, at least they have a Death's Head on file despite no Captain Britain.

So apparently the old threads will be accessible for reference for a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and archive them on my home PC over the weekend.

I think that a fresh start may not be a totally bad thing, but there elements of our former threads which I do think could be worth maintaining. Although I am naturally quite wary of getting this thread closed by re-posting too much of the former.

I would say absolutely, yes. It plays with the concept of Otherword in a very modern and interesting way.
    Which unfortunately doesn't seem to have cropped up again until Revolutionary War: Knights of Pendragon (which does it in a different way). And it should! I want to see more Master Wilson. All-New Wilson Now.

So apparently the old threads will be accessible for reference for a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and archive them on my home PC over the weekend.

I think that a fresh start may not be a totally bad thing, but there elements of our former threads which I do think could be worth maintaining. Although I am naturally quite wary of getting this thread closed by re-posting too much of the former.
    I don't think the thread will get closed.
    There are several appreciation threads started on the X-boards, and they still stand.
    I also don't think they'll get closed by reposting older info/general posts from the old thread (unless you repost any possible snarky replies, which I don't see probably occurred much in the old thread?). It's a fresh start, and new people are joining and will want to be informed on the character. They'll also want opinions on various reads.
    I know as a new fan of the character, I'd LOVELOVELOVE a reading reference list in chronological order. I mean, I could wiki it, I suppose, but it would be awesome and much appreciated to have one put up, neatly and organized for simple reference.

Sword, I suspect your custom avatar is either bigger than 80 by 80 pixels, or is over the kb limit (I forget what that is just at the moment).

Cold Water, where does your Alan Moore book start? With the Thorpe stuff, or jumping straight into Moore's debut with Captain Britain already on the Crooked World?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Cold Water, where does your Alan Moore book start? With the Thorpe stuff, or jumping straight into Moore's debut with Captain Britain already on the Crooked World?
    It's this one:

is that the correct place to start with the Moore stuff?
    I hope so, that book cost me a pretty penny.

Yeah, but it starts confusingly in the middle of a story started by writer Dave Thorpe. I'll try to get up some scans of those tales.

Yeah, but it starts confusingly in the middle of a story started by writer Dave Thorpe. I'll try to get up some scans of those tales.
    Thank you!! I would really appreciate that! I don't want to be confused.

Sword, I suspect your custom avatar is either bigger than 80 by 80 pixels, or is over the kb limit (I forget what that is just at the moment).
    Sorted. Tried several images (All 80x80 and under 17kb) and finally one of them stuck!

The start of CB's relaunch: