Page 187 of 212 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3171

Because of his Marvel UK strip, his close association with CB, and his membership in MI:13 he's always been a topic of discussion in this thread.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Knight is American - that book has no connection to Marvel UK, as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Because of his Marvel UK strip, his close association with CB, and his membership in MI:13 he's always been a topic of discussion in this thread.
    Exactly. The Black Knight strip by Steve Parkhouse in the Marvel UK Hulk weekly was one of the highlights of the comic and featured Captain Britain. These were original "UK" stories. CB was as much the main protagonist as was BK in those strips.

^You're probably too young to remember, but a panel from the Hulk Comic Black Knight strip was part of the intro to TISWAS or Multi-Coloured Swap-Shop, or one of those shows.
    Last edited by Panic; 07-25-2019 at 09:29 AM.

New Death's head Omnibus on the way.

https://downthetubes.net/?p=109356

Death’s Head: Freelance Peacekeeping Agent, a 400-plus page collection, features Dragon’s Claws #5 (published in 1988); Death’s Head #1-7, 9-10 (1988); Death’s Head: The Body in Question Graphic Novel (1990); Fantastic Four #338; Sensational She-Hulk #24; What If? #54; Marvel Heroes #33; and material from Marvel Comic Presents #76.
    Sadly the Doctor Who issues are missing, but this will still be great. Very glad to see the Marvel Heroes issue with Simon Williams art get included!

^You're probably too young to remember, but a panel from the Hulk Comic Black Knight strip was part of the intro to TISWAS or Multi-Coloured Swap-Shop, or one of those shows.
    Tiswas was one of my favourite programmes as a kid. We loved watching Lenny Henry. We would sporadically watch Swap Shop. i definitely don't remember the intro with the Black Knight panel.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post

Sadly the Doctor Who issues are missing, but this will still be great. Very glad to see the Marvel Heroes issue with Simon Williams art get included!
    Omnibus in collection format but it won't be labelled as a Marvel Omnibus as Marvel Omnibuses are oversized hardcovers whereas this will be a chunky trade paperback (TPB). It is interesting how Marvel is now "promoting" Death’s Head. I wonder if they'll have something else planned?

BANNED

I hope Psylocke/Betsy Braddock fans pick up her issue and get to know the woman they claim to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Omnibus in collection format but it won't be labelled as a Marvel Omnibus as Marvel Omnibuses are oversized hardcovers whereas this will be a chunky trade paperback (TPB). It is interesting how Marvel is now "promoting" Death’s Head. I wonder if they'll have something else planned?
    Now that is annoying. I want an Omni.

Wasn't born yet. I'm 35, and those shows are from the early 80s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post

Sadly the Doctor Who issues are missing, but this will still be great.
    They really should have come to an agreement with Panini for that. It's not like Panini can print those issues either, due to the Marvel characters in there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I hope Psylocke/Betsy Braddock fans pick up her issue and get to know the woman they claim to love.
    I hope this whole Betsy as CB things goes super well! Brian is still supposed to be operating as CB as well so I hope the fans have positive reactions to everything. Hopefully, we can fuel some fires for Marvel to expand the CB line and make it their own version of DC's GL franchise. I'd love a Captain Britain Corps book, a CB solo or buddy book with Brian and Betsy, Braddock Academy, etc etc. This could be a really great thing!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I hope this whole Betsy as CB things goes super well! Brian is still supposed to be operating as CB as well so I hope the fans have positive reactions to everything. Hopefully, we can fuel some fires for Marvel to expand the CB line and make it their own version of DC's GL franchise. I'd love a Captain Britain Corps book, a CB solo or buddy book with Brian and Betsy, Braddock Academy, etc etc. This could be a really great thing!
    That would be.... incredible! Tini Howard and Al Ewing would do wonders on books like that.

Beardless Braddock!
    AUG190858-01.jpg

Huzzah!!!!

Have the thread regulars read the new Death's Head comic? I really enjoyed it, and it was great to have the character take centre(ish) stage again. Only annoying thing has been the variant covers. I managed to get 3 of them, but the Liam Sharp one eludes me (and seems to be a bit of a rip-off).