Page 177 of 212 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3171

If there's any truth to this, might they be thinking of the Black Knight/Captain Britain stories in Otherworld/Camelot with the original costume CB?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I suspect you're close. I suspect they're thinking an Otherworld/Camelot type story, maybe with Morgan Le Fey as the villain.

That being said, I suspect they'll go with his more famous costume.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I had been assuming that they were hinting at a heavily modified version of the Otherworld story, however... it would be expensive. Very expensive. If you want dragons and orcs and all that Tolkien-type stuff you have to spend Tolkien-type money. And Richie has just come off a flop (though I enjoyed it) in roughly the same genre. It just seems so unlikely.

As for the costume, the Davis design may be iconic but they'd never get the mask/helmet to work, imo. The MI:13 one might be a little bland, but it's totally live-action friendly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I like Hellen Mirren as Vixen, that would be great.
    Great choice.
    My choice for Psylocke? Beckinsale still has it. Haley Atwell would have been awesome. Lucy Griffiths also. Emma Watson if she bulked up some. Emily Blunt if she wasn't gonna be Mrs Fantastic. (My Prediction)
    Kate Winslet and Beckinsale are my top 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Great choice.
    My choice for Psylocke? Beckinsale still has it. Haley Atwell would have been awesome. Lucy Griffiths also. Emma Watson if she bulked up some. Emily Blunt if she wasn't gonna be Mrs Fantastic. (My Prediction)
    Who has ever, and I mean ever, called Sue Storm Mrs. Fantastic? The sheer disrespect has dumbfounded me. Her code name is Invisible Woman, and she's not only the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four, but also the heart and soul.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Maybe he thought they were Mr. and Mrs. Reed and Sue Fantastic?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Great choice.
    Nice group of actresses, but because of the twins angle you would need an actress within 5 years of whoever is playing Brian, so until you've sorted out Brian's age you wouldn't know which age bracket to cast in (though I'd guess 30-ish). If Betsy was pre-X-Men she wouldn't need to be particularly physical, however you'd have to consider her joining the X team in another movie if you want this stuff to mesh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
    Who has ever, and I mean ever, called Sue Storm Mrs. Fantastic? The sheer disrespect has dumbfounded me. Her code name is Invisible Woman, and she's not only the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four, but also the heart and soul.
    Chill Pill Maybe?
    Who was going by Power? I wasn't trying to have a comic book fan nerd fight. Just take the list for what it is, a list.

BANNED

Nice group of actresses, but because of the twins angle you would need an actress within 5 years of whoever is playing Brian, so until you've sorted out Brian's age you wouldn't know which age bracket to cast in (though I'd guess 30-ish). If Betsy was pre-X-Men she wouldn't need to be particularly physical, however you'd have to consider her joining the X team in another movie if you want this stuff to mesh.
    True. I think Betsy would be Pre-X-men. Most of those women even into their 40's- and 50's look young for their age.
    This is a somewhat Segue, but yesterday we had a discussion with female friends on FB who posted about Lucy Lawless and doing a Xena Reboot, because she can still do it, and some of her male friends were like she's too old.
    Then I proceeded to post pictures of 73 year old Helen Mirren kickin ass in a physical role.

I wish women didn't have to deal with the ageism in Hollyweird. Drives me nuts, while males can be 400 and still blow **** up. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    So when Marvel reboots the X-Men franchise, do you think we’ll get Betsy in an X-film or a Captain Britain movie first?
    Personally, they should do Captain Britain and Excalibur (Yes that's my name for the TV show, not the movie.)
    They should focus HEAVILY on the Mystical side of the Braddock Family, and not make Psylocke a Mutant until much later.
    I want some great development in the characters, let the BBC finance it in conjunction with Disney.

Then Have Psylocke make the leap to the X-men after discovering she may indeed be a mutant. Either from the movie or the show, like Clark Greg.

Mylene Jampanoi has become my new go to for Psylocke. Because while she looks Caucasian, she's actually half French Breton and half Chinese. Perfect for either.
    Attachment 70872
    Attachment 70873
    Attachment 70874

What's her English accent like?

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    If there's any truth to this, might they be thinking of the Black Knight/Captain Britain stories in Otherworld/Camelot with the original costume CB?
    That would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I suspect you're close. I suspect they're thinking an Otherworld/Camelot type story, maybe with Morgan Le Fey as the villain.

That being said, I suspect they'll go with his more famous costume.
    Oh my gosh I love morganna. I would love to see her come back

All-New Member

There's so many reasons NOT to believe the rumor, but I really hope its true.
    Last edited by whozeduke; 09-18-2018 at 06:33 PM.

kate beckinsale is done with the Underworld franchise. I wonder if she's even on Marvel's radar. she seems like the type they might pursue for a role like Morgana. sorry to say, she might have aged out of being one of the Braddocks (unless it's Brian and Betsy's mom). even with them looking to the earlier adventures of Captain Britain and Black Knight, I wonder if they will attempt to bring in someone like Peter Wisdom. he's now one of the more popular UK characters. and then there's Spitfire.

BANNED

What's her English accent like?
    She sounds really good. I'll see if there's any youtube clips with her speaking.