Page 9 of 212 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Think it's worth a read if I get the books cheap? I have very limited exposure to Marvel UK from the 90's, but I've liked what I've read so far. Also, a few months back I bought
    the Mys-Tech Wars series, which is 4 books. I don't want to read them without the crossover tie-ins, but I don't know what I need. I'm just not familiar enough with the
    line to find them myself.
    Early 1990s Marvel UK books had numerous similarities in art style, storytelling style and production, so if you like some of them the odds are good that you'll like the others.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Battle Tide is a crossover limited series featuring Death's Head II, Killpower and Dark Angel. The whole crossover is in Battle Tide 1-4 (iirc). It was followed by Battle Tide II. Dunno if BT2 is any good, I didn't read it. BT1 is though.

I'll let someone else discuss Wild Thing, Warheads and Cyberspace 3000
    Battletide 1 & 2 are indeed both 4 part mini series. The second series is good, it features Death's Head II, Tuck, Killpower, and has a cameo from the Hulk. Also there are returning characters from the first Battletide series. There is a lot of great interplay between Death's Head & Killpower, and it contains one of my favourite moments for Killpower too.

BANNED

YAY I founded it I did!

My Version of Psylocke Earth-9997 after her apprenticeship with Dr. Strange.
    My Head cannon has her going to become Her Brothers version of Wise Psorceress Lady.
    Becoming not Psylocke, but Lady Butterfly.

BANNED

By Inspector97

Psylocke and Brian by Chris Weston of The Twelve

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwise View Post
    Early 1990s Marvel UK books had numerous similarities in art style, storytelling style and production, so if you like some of them the odds are good that you'll like the others.
    Im not going to lie, I love Knights of Pendragon and Genetix. Something about Vesper lol.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    You didn't find it to be an emotional issue?
    Maybe because you've read the series? I haven't read it. I thought it was great, but I felt it sad.
    He doesn't seem to know where she is. She doesn't know where he is.

Or did I miss something?

Now I need more.

It is a little sad, yes. Meggan's disappearance during House of M is something which Brian just didn't talk about. Even when Dane showed up on New Excalibur.

There is another Brian/Meggan meet-up earlier in the series. Yet, because of the circumstances Brian believes their adversary is playing some sick kind of trick on him. It does not end well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    It is a little sad, yes. Meggan's disappearance during House of M is something which Brian just didn't talk about. Even when Dane showed up on New Excalibur.

There is another Brian/Meggan meet-up earlier in the series. Yet, because of the circumstances Brian believes their adversary is playing some sick kind of trick on him. It does not end well for them.
    Thank you, SiD.
    I will have to just get the series and read it.

How did I read House of M, but COMPLETELY miss Brian and Meggan in it?
    I read it while ago, I wonder if I just don't recall them?

Anyway, so many reads.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Thank you, SiD.

Anyway, so many reads.
    It was one of the tie-ins not the main book itself. So unless you read them as well its no surprise you mised them.

I received this today and read it.
    (that cover makes me cringe).

It was so good.
    And now I am so sad.
    Out of context...yes...emotional $%#ing rollercoaster.....add 'CB&MI13' behind it and it's the greatest celebration of what Paul Cornell was trying to achieve with that series. He didn't want it to be 'that British superhero book' he wanted it to be 'that really good superhero book'

Please one day Marvel let this man continue his good works....

Hello, people on the other side of the world. I need one of my UK friends to answer a couple of questions about some books I got. I would appreciate someone's
    expertise greatly.
    Hiya Pat! Long time me old mate! Pretty much if you're enjoying most aspects of MUK of that period then you'll be in safe hands with the other titles.

I realise most people have answered you on some of the other titles you've mentioned but I just wanted to chuck my tupence in for Cyberspace and Wild Thing....two series I felt were cut down in their prime and had soooo much to give.

Dark Angel as the Herald of Galactus? Amazing.

And Niki Doyle and Dark Angel were due to appear in 'Wild Angels' which never saw print in the UK or the US BUT did turn up over at Marvel Italia!

If I could speak Italian (like Robert De Niro.....sorry...Bananarama obscure mention number 1 on this forum I think) I would have sought them out.....BUT Marvunapp did....http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/darkangelhaldane.htm

the Mys-Tech Wars series, which is 4 books. I don't want to read them without the crossover tie-ins, but I don't know what I need. I'm just not familiar enough with the
    line to find them myself.
    No need mate. Big superhero slamdown with heroes you'll have already picked up through your exposure so far to MUK. It may introduce you to new ones but it's not really that confusing.....and very early art by Bryan Hitch...it's a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    YAY I founded it I did!

My Version of Psylocke Earth-9997 after her apprenticeship with Dr. Strange.
    My Head cannon has her going to become Her Brothers version of Wise Psorceress Lady.
    Becoming not Psylocke, but Lady Butterfly.
    [IMG]
    LOVE your version! Frikking love it.....I may have to cameo this version with your permission on Avengers Uk at some point in a crowd scene on Otherworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Im not going to lie, I love Knights of Pendragon and Genetix. Something about Vesper lol.
    Vesper was blinding!

Must say though the purist in me preferred the original 'Vetigo-esqe' Knights of Pendragon.

Thank you, SiD.

Anyway, so many reads.
    They aren't in the main series CW.

The Uncanny X-Men issues featured what happened to Britain during HoM.

Initially we see Brian and Meggan in Otherworld....in keeping with the end of the 'Excalibur' mini series previous to this. However Chris Claremont does his usual and ignores past CB continuity that he doesn't like......Brian at this point is really the ruler of the Omniverse...AND not the current Captain Britain.

So in this Roma is in charge........again.....somehow......even though she gave it up to Brian.....

Anyhoo.........the 616 'House of M' stuff threatens everything so CB and Meggan offer to go down and sort it out...however if they do they may become part of the change universe soooooo....

Brian becomes 'King' of the UK but under the overall rule of Magneto. Wisdom, Rachel and Betsy all appear over the course of the storyline. And when they work out whats going on Meggan sacrifices herself into some time rift bollocks....or something....

Then after HoM Britain was apparently was undefended because there weren;'t any mutants (despite there being huge amounts of non-mutant superheroes) and full of anti-mutant hysteria (even though previous to this there had been no evidence of such...or since) which resulted in 'New Excalibur'......a team of mostly US ex X-Men no one wanted.

Only Paul Cornell could save that.

And did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    LOVE your version! Frikking love it.....I may have to cameo this version with your permission on Avengers Uk at some point in a crowd scene on Otherworld!

Vesper was blinding!

Must say though the purist in me preferred the original 'Vetigo-esqe' Knights of Pendragon.
    Sure thing Mate. I came up with the design after watching Some He-man and She-ra episodes. I realized Psylocke would fit right in with that crowd, especially with her Otherworld Heritage and bloodline.
    So I came up with her being a Psionatrix (Like the mage Incantatrix), a Mage focused on the mind. I'm working on another image of her now, Riding a giant butterfly :P

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey guys, finally managed to find you. As I was reading through the pages, I was getting a wee bit worried as I didn't see either Willow or IzzY. Willow's back, hope IzzY will make an appearance soon.

Thanks Loki for getting us back on the grid Now to sort out my avatar and post a few cool CB pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey guys, finally managed to find you. As I was reading through the pages, I was getting a wee bit worried as I didn't see either Willow or IzzY. Willow's back, hope IzzY will make an appearance soon.

Thanks Loki for getting us back on the grid Now to sort out my avatar and post a few cool CB pics.

And as if by MagiK ... heeeeres' IzzY !

and to add my tuppence to the Meggan/Brian postings - here's a piece written by Willow & Me - and drawn by moi - from our FREE webcomic : Avengers UK Presents: CAPTAIN BRITAIN - special edition - we wanted to address the issue that Brian was only attracted to Meggan because she changed her appearance - something that we felt was untrue

for the whole issue see: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2120857&type=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

and here's a little something to give you something to chuckle about .. PET SHOP BRITS.... and NOW you know what the 4th button on his quarterstaff was for - it became a microphone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IzzY World; 05-05-2014 at 04:18 AM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Thank you, SiD.

Anyway, so many reads.

It was the Uncanny X-Men tie-in issues. Chris Claremont, Alan Davis and Chris Bachalo. It deal with what Wanda's hex did to the multiverse, and set up the New Excalibur ongoing series.