Page 193 of 212 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Two tropes come to mind. At the moment, he's Brainwashed and Crazy, and when he's freed, he'll be Brought Down To Normal, since Betsy taking the amulet means he'll now be depowered.
    You’d think Marvel would have learned by now about throwing one character under the bus to prop another up. Besides, Betsy was already popular in her own regard with her own thing, did they really need to quadruple down on separating her from that to the degree that they needed to take Brian’s thing from him? Who was really asking for that?

Why the hell are Brian's powers now dependent on the amulet? Every time Brian falls into American hands they take the power out of him in some way. It keeps happening, and I'm sick of it.

I hate how we don't have any kind of voice in the portrayal of the character.

Doesn't help that Panini, who took over Marvel UK in the 90s, aren't allowed to create new content any more, and therefore have no authority to point this out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

If Betsy keeps the powers what if Brian is given Excalibur and Faiza Hussain is given a more tech based blade and still combinds a use of her powers. There 3 heroes are given new roles/titles/challenges and no one is benched.

On this note how about a new MI13 going deep into Celtic mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Why the hell are Brian's powers now dependent on the amulet? Every time Brian falls into American hands they take the power out of him in some way. It keeps happening, and I'm sick of it.

I hate how we don't have any kind of voice in the portrayal of the character.
    Yay, you're the only other person who seems to have noticed!

Here's a list of my gripes with it.

1. Consistent character scaling. Brian is meant to be 6'6 and Meggan 5'7 and Maggie is a baby/toddler.
    2. Julbilee son Shogo was born before Maggie, yet is still drawn as a baby. Does Maggie now have accelerated growth?
    3. How does Krakoa make a gate to Otherworld? Also why do mutant feel they have a right to go there? What next Asgard, Olympus?
    4. Jamie is alive again? He was last seen in Infinity Countdown:Black Widow. Are there now two Jamie's running about?
    5. This line, "I never expected to see my old married brother all dressed up in his uniform these days". What! Are Betsy and Brian no longer twins? Is he no longer performing his Captain Britain duties because he had a kid?
    6. Brian gets summoned to Otherworld to solve a problem, OK!?!. Where is the Merlyn, Captain Britain Corp, Starlight Citadel, the Fae or any of the other denizen of Otherworld?
    7. Brian has the ability to see magic and break magic spells(CB & MI13), so how did this happen to him?
    8. The Amulet!!!! Where did he even get it from? Hasn't been a thing since 1983

Sorry this list is a bit of a rant and a bit incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If Betsy keeps the powers what if Brian is given Excalibur and Faiza Hussain is given a more tech based blade and still combinds a use of her powers. There 3 heroes are given new roles/titles/challenges and no one is benched.

On this note how about a new MI13 going deep into Celtic mythology.
    I'm not even sure Faiza still has Excalibur. Since MI13 Brian has been summoning swords.

Avengers(2013) #39 - 1, 2

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I'm not even sure Faiza still has Excalibur. Since MI13 Brian has been summoning swords.

Avengers(2013) #39 - 1, 2
    Faiza still has Excalibur in U.S. Avengers she had it and in Valkyrie: Jane Foster she’s advertised on the cover and looks like she still has Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Faiza still has Excalibur in U.S. Avengers she had it and in Valkyrie: Jane Foster she’s advertised on the cover and looks like she still has Excalibur
    Cool I'll check it out!

1. Consistent character scaling. Brian is meant to be 6'6 and Meggan 5'7 and Maggie is a baby/toddler.
    2. Julbilee son Shogo was born before Maggie, yet is still drawn as a baby. Does Maggie now have accelerated growth?
    3. How does Krakoa make a gate to Otherworld? Also why do mutant feel they have a right to go there? What next Asgard, Olympus?
    4. Jamie is alive again? He was last seen in Infinity Countdown:Black Widow. Are there now two Jamie's running about?
    5. This line, "I never expected to see my old married brother all dressed up in his uniform these days". What! Are Betsy and Brian no longer twins? Is he no longer performing his Captain Britain duties because he had a kid?
    6. Brian gets summoned to Otherworld to solve a problem, OK!?!. Where is the Merlyn, Captain Britain Corp, Starlight Citadel, the Fae or any of the other denizen of Otherworld?
    7. Brian has the ability to see magic and break magic spells(CB & MI13), so how did this happen to him?

No, it's a good rant, and we've kept quiet for too long. This just sucks, and sadly that is par for the course when it comes to Brian in US Marvel hands. It makes me want to cry.

Shogo was shown walking in Generation X, so yeah, that was a mistake.

Brian is probably just minutes older than Betsy.

The Captain Britain Corps have been destroyed. Brian and Spider-UK were the last survivors, and Spider-UK was killed in Spider-Geddon.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Brian is probably just minutes older than Betsy.
    Actually, over in the Betsy appreciation thread on the X-boards, I read that Betsy was the older twin, and that she was offered the role of Captain Britain BEFORE Brian, but turned it down. That sticks in my throat, but again, it's typical of US Marvel to take from Brian and bless Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Actually, over in the Betsy appreciation thread on the X-boards, I read that Betsy was the older twin, and that she was offered the role of Captain Britain BEFORE Brian, but turned it down. That sticks in my throat, but again, it's typical of US Marvel to take from Brian and bless Betsy.
    Haha I wonder where they got that from. Merlin chose Brian because he inherited the properties that Merlin was looking for stronger than his siblings. Merlin never even approached Jamie or Betsy.

Fantastic Member

Whatever happened to Lionheart?

I think she was last seen in New Excalibur... but as I didn't read that, I've no idea how that ended up. I assume she's still alive out there somewhere.

Yeah, she's presumably still around, but as that new codename suggests, is no longer Captain Britain. The reason she can exist alongside someone else as Cap is because she has the sword instead of the amulet.

Perhaps she simply retired. She did have kids.