Page 192 of 212 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Simon Furman has posted to Facebook today to mention that he has a Death's Head story in tomorrow's Marvel Comics 1001.
    Which also featured Jocasta, Machine Man, Machine Teen and Viv Vision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which also featured Jocasta, Machine Man, Machine Teen and Viv Vision.
    And a cameo of Death's Head II.

All-New Member

Great to hear about Death's Head's inclusion in next year's Iron Man 2020 event.

No idea what degree of expose he'll get, but I'm always pleased to see him being present.

I was hoping, when I heard that there would be a fuss made of 2020, that Death's Head would get some airtime, being a character who spent at least some time in 2020!

https://www.newsarama.com/47484-dawn...rcy-x-men.html

Nrama: So to build on that, Tini, Betsy's taking over the Captain Britain mantle with Excalibur and it's finally happening in main continuity. What's the throughline you found for it to be a legitimate progression for the Betsy Braddock we first met in those old Captain Britain UK stories?

Howard: I think the Braddocks are an awesome family. I have really built a lot of the story around the Braddocks as a unit.

So it's not just the Betsy show, we're not ignoring who Brian is and who Brian has been and some other members of the Braddock family. In a real way, the Braddocks are like the Starks of this story. They're a family unit and we'll see them and follow them. And that's part of the story. It is not the story of shoving Brian Braddock in a drawer, getting Betsy the amulet, and putting them on stage. It is the story of a family, some of whom are mutant and some of whom are not, during a time of mutant ascension. And I think people will be really pleased. This is a story that elevates and celebrates the entire Braddock family.

The Captain Britain mythos, themes and the long history of Excalibur as a book of magic and light and love.

Sounds a lot better than I'd feared, though I'll guess I'll have to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And a cameo of Death's Head II.
    All things considered, a pleasant surprise.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

EXCALIBUR #5 & #6
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    CoverS by MAHMUD ASRAR
    ISSUE #5 – MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY WILL SLINEY
    ISSUE #5 – DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY PHILIP TAN
    ISSUE #6 – MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MIKE McKONE
    ISSUE #6 – DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    The Secret of Rogue’s Coffin!
    Locked in her mysterious coffin, Rogue dreams. Meanwhile, Apocalypse performs a ritual, and the throne of power changes hands. The reign of mutantkind reaches the Otherworld at last.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

DEATH’S HEAD: FREELANCE PEACEKEEPING AGENT TPB
    Written by SIMON FURMAN, WALTER SIMONSON & FERG HANDLEY
    Penciled by GEOFF SENIOR, BRYAN HITCH, LEE SULLIVAN, JOHN HIGGINS, LIAM SHARP, WALTER SIMONSON, JOHN ROSS & SIMON WILLIAMS
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2020
    Meet one of Marvel UK’s biggest stars — the robot for hire known as Death’s Head! Just don’t call him a bounty hunter, yes? Join the android assassin in this pulse-pounding collection of his original adventures, from distant dimensions to the far future. Death’s Head has his sights locked on an array of enemies — and will encounter familiar faces, including the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, She-Hulk and Arno Stark, the ruthless Iron Man of the future! But are you ready for Death’s Head’s mind-bending origin? For that matter, is he?! Buy this book and stay healthy, yes? Collecting DRAGON’S CLAWS #5, DEATH’S HEAD (1988) #1-7 and #9-10, DEATH’S HEAD: THE BODY IN QUESTION GN, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #338, SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #24, WHAT IF? (1989) #54, MARVEL HEROES #33 and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #76.
    416 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99

Panini have apparently withdrawn from the annuals market, so the Marvel Heroes and Spider-Man Annuals are cancelled.
    https://downthetubes.net/?p=111817
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This year, inspired by a poster here from Halloweens past, I carved the Fury as my jack-o'-lantern:

So.... Excalibur #1 thoughts?

I think it's meh so far. Kinda annoys me that the author doesn't really have a grasp of the Captain Britain/Otherworld/Marvel UK side of things and is just telling whatever story she feels like(first impressions count after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    So.... Excalibur #1 thoughts?

I think it's meh so far. Kinda annoys me that the author doesn't really have a grasp of the Captain Britain/Otherworld/Marvel UK side of things and is just telling whatever story she feels like(first impressions count after all).
    I've not read it yet, but you don't fill me with optimism.

I really don't expect for Brian to be much of a hero in the upcoming arc, or for any of this to be positive for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

I really don't expect for Brian to be much of a hero in the upcoming arc, or for any of this to be positive for him.
    Well I didn't want to do that

I was reading through it and having my very own Han Solo moment "that's not how the force works". After Remender I've gotten used to new writers just doing whatever they want with a property, so I'm not too mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

Yeah. Two tropes come to mind. At the moment, he's Brainwashed and Crazy, and when he's freed, he'll be Brought Down To Normal, since Betsy taking the amulet means he'll now be depowered.