Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3171

Well that sounds horrible. I guess I should be glad they didn't make him drunk and misogynistic, too, but I'm still really angry with the way he is treated.

AND DEPOWERED AGAIN! With the powers coming from the amulet? What total BS.

Seriously, this is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by freemach View Post
    I'll try not to spoil this for anyone who wants to read it, but I'm a long term lurker, rare poster, so apologies if I mess this up.

spoilers:
    Basically the writer took him back to getting his powers from the amulet. No explanation, just made it look like that's the way it worked. So just retcon/ignore last few decades. In the 1st issue Brian was mind controlled by Morganna and gave the amulet to Betsy (so now she's CB), and at the end of the ark he's apparently messed up in the head and so he failed the CB test and took the sword, not the amulet. So he gave the sword to Betsy so he couldn't be "tempted by it", so I assume he's now depowered.
    Oh and he got killed again. this time Jamie brought him back (he's alive again too).
    end of spoilers

Here's a more detailed summary of the latest issue on the x-books forum.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-and-Spoilers

so basically Brian as a character sacrificed to give a new identity to Betsy.
    Normally I'm just glad to see a CB appearance so he's not forgotten, but this time it would've been better to be kept off the table.
    It's gonna get worse - solicits say that the United Kingdom will declare war on Krakoa!

EXCALIBUR #10
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    LONDON IS BURNING!
    Captain Britain is faced with her hardest decision yet as Britain goes to war with Krakoa. Can Excalibur survive being torn between two worlds?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll try not to spoil this for anyone who wants to read it, but I'm a long term lurker, rare poster, so apologies if I mess this up.

spoilers:
    Basically the writer took him back to getting his powers from the amulet. No explanation, just made it look like that's the way it worked. So just retcon/ignore last few decades. In the 1st issue Brian was mind controlled by Morganna and gave the amulet to Betsy (so now she's CB), and at the end of the ark he's apparently messed up in the head and so he failed the CB test and took the sword, not the amulet. So he gave the sword to Betsy so he couldn't be "tempted by it", so I assume he's now depowered.
    Oh and he got killed again. this time Jamie brought him back (he's alive again too).
    end of spoilers

Here's a more detailed summary of the latest issue on the x-books forum.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-and-Spoilers

so basically Brian as a character sacrificed to give a new identity to Betsy.
    Normally I'm just glad to see a CB appearance so he's not forgotten, but this time it would've been better to be kept off the table.
    This is very sad. Can it get any worse?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This is very sad. Can it get any worse?
    Tini Howard just seems to love trashing and denigrating British Marvel characters. After turning Death's Head into a supporting character in his own mini-series, Howard does the dirty on Brian Braddock as well.

If you read it, you'll see that Brian is NOT depowered. He took the test again, but picked the sword instead of the amulet. We see him with a new costume. He asked Betsy to hide the sword, as she had the amulet in her hand. It wasn't clear, but it looked like they swapped power sources?

And by the way, I hate that that cover I posted shows London ON FIRE.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

But if he now gets his power from the sword and gave the sword to Betsy to look after doesn’t that mean he doesn’t have access to his powers? Not that they should have anything to do with the amulet or sword anymore anyway.

4F22BA92-DF02-4762-A077-04FDF4FF875B.jpg
    Plus he gets to look like a power ranger now

Yeah. And in the Betsy Braddock Appreciation Thread they're back to discussing the possibility of Betsy being the star of a Captain Britain movie. Which unfortunately I find all too likely given US Marvel's apathy/hostility toward Brian. I think it would be really unfair for Betsy to be given Brian's enemies and stories on the silver screen (and indeed in the comics), especially since one of the few things the US writers haven't been able to take away from Brian is his back-catalogue of stories and villains.

4F22BA92-DF02-4762-A077-04FDF4FF875B.jpg
    Plus he gets to look like a power ranger now
    Yeah, that's...nowhere near as good a costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yeah. And in the Betsy Braddock Appreciation Thread they're back to discussing the possibility of Betsy being the star of a Captain Britain movie. Which unfortunately I find all too likely given US Marvel's apathy/hostility toward Brian. I think it would be really unfair for Betsy to be given Brian's enemies and stories on the silver screen (and indeed in the comics), especially since one of the few things the US writers haven't been able to take away from Brian is his back-catalogue of stories and villains.
    As a participant in THAT conversation, I'd prefer the MCU Captains Britain movie be a twin heroes film.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 91985

Theo James // Brian Braddock
    Lily James // Elizabeth Braddock

Fantastic Member

Since when was Wisdom working for Black Air again? As in, Black Air, former UK intelligence agency turned international terrorists? The UK's agency for dealing with superhuman and supernatural threats is MI13. Even if they decided to rebrand themselves under another name, they wouldn't pick Black Air, given how that name has been utterly disgraced. It'd be like the CIA deciding they needed to change their name to ISIS.
    blackair.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Since when was Wisdom working for Black Air again? As in, Black Air, former UK intelligence agency turned international terrorists? The UK's agency for dealing with superhuman and supernatural threats is MI13. Even if they decided to rebrand themselves under another name, they wouldn't pick Black Air, given how that name has been utterly disgraced. It'd be like the CIA deciding they needed to change their name to ISIS.
    blackair.jpg
    Don't get me started on that! It doesn't even have a proper reason to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you read it, you'll see that Brian is NOT depowered. He took the test again, but picked the sword instead of the amulet. We see him with a new costume. He asked Betsy to hide the sword, as she had the amulet in her hand. It wasn't clear, but it looked like they swapped power sources?

And by the way, I hate that that cover I posted shows London ON FIRE.
    An aside really, but it's also not modern London. Big Ben has been under construction for a year so it wouldn't look like that lol. That said, my biggest issue with Excalibur is the lack of truly British characters. There's literally only Betsy on the main cast. The United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland have plenty of characters they could've brought into the spotlight: Pixie, Siryn, Banshee, and Wolfsbane come to mind (they would also represent Wales, Ireland and Scotland amongst the team).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Though if the director, and writers are British that would increase a more comic accurate leaning movie.

I appreciate that you have both Brian and Betsy as heroes, however...
    Casting Betsy is difficult for me because *I* need to pair her with an actor for Brian. In my head, they’d be his & hers SHIELD agents, like if both were Bond, but Brian went MacGuyver and Betsy went Widow.

Betsy finds an artifact during a mission and brings it back to HQ. Brian analyzes it, makes progress without knowing it, gets drunk crashes his motorbike and has a Captain Britain vision. Chooses Amulet. Adventures ensue. Eventually Betsy catches the artifact, has her own vision, chooses Sword... and both twins defeat The Fury.
    You've got Betsy as a cool super-spy doing missions, whilst Brian is not only a drunk, but a drunk who drives while drunk! And the progress Brian makes is all accidental, not realising what he's done in the first instance, whilst getting his vision by being stupid, irresponsible, and incompetent, whilst Betsy's progress is through deliberate action and skill. You've made Betsy much cooler than she was, whilst Brian's origin has gone from a daring escape from terrorists to a drunken misadventure. And this is precisely what I'm worried about, the fact that in the US comics (or at least the ones written by American writers) Betsy gets positive development while Brian gets negative development, with any flaws being magnified and strengths eliminated. I get that you're not doing it deliberately, but yikes, it's pretty horrible, and pretty much par for the course under American writers.

Casting-wise, I like Lily James for Betsy (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is underrated, imo); Theo James I thought was great in Divergent, but I'd rather the actor be blonde, and I think he'd look weird blonde. I don't know who I'd pick for Brian.