Page 198 of 212 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3171
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About time

RB Silva on art would be great, wonder if they’re going to have a great name.

Lots of new characters debuted by RB Silva lately, Children of the atom, new warriors and now this.

BANNED

Maybe Leonhart with a new look?

They're called The Union.

Good on Marvel for actually hiring a British writer for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think the girl in the far back is Meggan.
    Doubt it. Meggan has blonde hair and blue eyes. This girl has pink hair and green eyes (in fact, I've seen a Reddit comment call her a knockoff of DC's Starfire). A dye job could explain the hair, but not the eyes.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-14-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They’re very aesthetic. Looking forward to learning more about them. I hope they aren’t all English though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    They’re very aesthetic. Looking forward to learning more about them. I hope they aren’t all English though.
    The Green one is apparently Northern Irish I hear

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The Green one is apparently Northern Irish I hear
    Hahah. Of course the green woman is from Northern Ireland. If that’s true, I bet her backstory involves the IRA.

I think it could be cool if they have a character from each of the countries (representing the literal Union).

I do kinda get a Starfire-vibe from the pink haired woman but I think it would be infinitely cooler if they turned that on its head and had her be from the Aos Sí. Tying back into the mythology of these islands.

Doubt it. Meggan has blonde hair and blue eyes. This girl has pink hair and green eyes (in fact, I've seen a Reddit comment call her a knockoff of DC's Starfire). A dye job could explain the hair, but not the eyes.
    Have you seen Meggan’s true form?

I also got a Titans vibe as soon as I saw this. I see Starfire, Donna, and Changeling.

I'm not surprised to see you say that. The same Reddit post I saw that mentioned Starfire also mentioned Wonder Woman, and Donna's practically a second WW even though she doesn't use the name. Marvel seem to have taken a liking to that aesthetic lately, as the Squadron Supreme's latest version has a Power Princess who looks more like Diana than ever too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Ah but her shape shifting powers could explain it all.

Also I agree so much on that it is good they are hiring a British writer.

Astonishing Member

Meggan is a shape-shifter. We've seen her hair, eye and skin colour all change many, many times--oftentimes without any conscious desire on her part. So the difference in hair and eye colour means literally nothing where she is concerned.

That said, I don't think this is likely to be Meggan.

Astonishing Member

So I’m assuming Union Jack is for the U.K. as a whole, possible Lionheart is England, Greenie is NI, the big guy might be Welsh and not!Meggan is Scottish?

Poor Cornwall.

I’m getting a total hangman/executioner vibe from the hooded guy.

Cornwall being absent makes sense, it’s a county not a country. I know they were a kingdom and have a very specific culture but that was awhile ago. England will represent them since it rules them.

Republic of Ireland or Gibraltar would make more sense for representation: being countries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’m getting a total hangman/executioner vibe from the hooded guy.

Cornwall being absent makes sense, it’s a county not a country. I know they were a kingdom and have a very specific culture but that was awhile ago. England will represent them since it rules them.

Republic of Ireland or Gibraltar would make more sense for representation: being countries.
    No way I can see the Republic of Ireland.

Not in The Union, described as the U.K.'s premiere super-hero team. That would be fighting talk. People from the R.o.I. would almost certainly take offence.

Irish soldiers from the Free State served alongside the British soldiers during World War I. As much as there’s a dark history shared between the two countries, there has been co-operation when necessary. It wasn’t until World War II that the Irish chose neutrality (and even then they allowed British and American soldiers quicker access to one another via the Donegal Pass). The co-operation isn’t without foundation.

It’s a turbulent concept regardless of the writer doesn’t understand sensibilities: a large population of Scotland and Northern Ireland don’t view themselves as British and since Brexit, want independence for their countries without association with Britain. I’m sure it’ll be done tactfully, but there’s the possibility of offending someone regardless.

Either way, Gibraltar as an overseas territory (that was one of the voters in Brexit) could be represented.