Page 179 of 212 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That stinks, he's one of my favourite "Spider-Men". I hope it's only "temporary".

Btw, you mean Spider-UK, not -Brit.
    There is talks of a web warriors relaunch so this may be temporary plus hopefully the new PS4 Spider-Man DLC will help with his popularity! SmartSelect_20181016-185621_Browser.jpg

Another appearance of the Braddocks in the Merry Xmen holiday special 1.

Uh, is Capt. Britain retired, or is the beard just part of his look now?

He's maintained that beard since Avengers: Time Runs Out. Yeah, that's how he looks now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    And Spider-geddon has killed off Spider-Brit.
    Attachment 72044
    As soon as he existed I knew they were going to kill him off. Similarly to the way the entire Captain Britain Corps was killed off at least twice. I get the feeling that American writers would like to kill Captain Britain off himself but luckily Merlin always resurrects him. They've done the next worst thing by giving him that stupid hipster beard and haircut.

Having seen what's been done to Thor in the last few years, a bad haircut/beard doesn't seem so bad. Still, I'd much rather he was cleanshaven.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I loved the Union Jack mini-series in the 2000s. It’s a shame he’s barely been used since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Another appearance of the Braddocks in the Merry Xmen holiday special 1.
    About time she met her niece!

That's a far better look. As for CB's stance on Brexit, I couldn't really guess. More importantly, why is no one looking at each other in that panel, is it a secret meeting?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's a big table so they're all sort of looking at each other rather than a specific person, I guess.

Brian has sort of said before that his costume doesn't imply patriotism. It certainly doesn't imply British chauvinism. He seems to take a more universal approach as a general rule. This is more based on Alan Davis's run. I'm less confident if something was established after that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a big table so they're all sort of looking at each other rather than a specific person, I guess.

Brian has sort of said before that his costume doesn't imply patriotism. It certainly doesn't imply British chauvinism. He seems to take a more universal approach as a general rule. This is more based on Alan Davis's run. I'm less confident if something was established after that.
    A table? That makes more sense. It looked like it was in a park.

I agree with you regarding Brian's motivation.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I recently finished reading the Black Knight 5-issue mini-series by Frank Tieri and Luca Pizzari (& Kev Walker) which picks up after Hickman's Secret Wars epic and Dane's earlier "strange" behaviour in Original Sins. From my understanding, it was meant to be an ongoing but the sales were just not there.

It wasn't a bad read at all and was quite enjoyable, although it definitely seemed a bit rushed in the final issue and the physical actions of "old" Steve Rogers seemed a bit off. Some called it a mash up of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and I can see the comparison. I wasnt always keen on the art, though there were some beautiful covers by Julian Totino Tedesco. A definite must for any Dane Whitman fan.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That was one of the first ANAD series I read on Marvel Unlimited (i.e., didn't buy when it was new, but read six months after release). I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking back, it feels weird remembering how much emphasis Marvel was placing on Weirdworld, but it was a good story. Have they followed up on it at all?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That was one of the first ANAD series I read on Marvel Unlimited (i.e., didn't buy when it was new, but read six months after release). I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking back, it feels weird remembering how much emphasis Marvel was placing on Weirdworld, but it was a good story. Have they followed up on it at all?
    Not that I'm aware of. From my understanding, Dane left Weirdworld during Secret Empire to battle Hydra in Europe. I plan on reading Secret Empire at some point.

It looks like nothing more has been done with New Avalon and those supporting characters. There was also a second Weirdworld mini-series following the Secret Wars one but I don't think that has anything to do with the Black Knight.