Page 146 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3171
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    And even Marvel UK's largest contribution to the the former Marvel Universe (the identifier of Earth 616) has been retconned out since Secret Wars.
    To stretch a metaphor to death and beyond - if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, nobody knows the duck was destroyed and rebuilt almost exactly identical to how it was before, every other rebuilt duck is still using the old names they had, and there are plenty of people in the multiverse who knew the old duck's name and have no reason to believe this duck to be a new duck, then as far as I am concerned, it's the same duck and the old name still stands.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys! Most appreciated! If I wanted to find a Marvel club or similar club in my area, would this be the right place then, given I am a UK resident? And if not, please do direct me to the right place, even if it's not this webisite. I'm disabled and very lonely and isolated, and so am rather keen for information.
    Welcome to the thread AJW!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    To stretch a metaphor to death and beyond - if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, nobody knows the duck was destroyed and rebuilt almost exactly identical to how it was before, every other rebuilt duck is still using the old names they had, and there are plenty of people in the multiverse who knew the old duck's name and have no reason to believe this duck to be a new duck, then as far as I am concerned, it's the same duck and the old name still stands.
    616 it is then!

How about a pic of Death's Head from the upcoming Black Bolt #3 to put a smile on everyone's faces?!
    Death's Head - Black Bolt.jpg

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

That's how I'm trying to look at it, too.

It's just a little galling that in the 40th anniversary year of the character, Marvel chose to canonically rub out Captain Britain's biggest contribution to its universe.

I doubt many were aware of the connection either.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    How about a pic of Death's Head from the upcoming Black Bolt #3 to put a smile on everyone's faces?!
    Death's Head - Black Bolt.jpg

I'll take that!
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

On the Main Marvel Universe no longer being known as Earth-616, I've taken these quotes from the Marvel Comics Database:

"The reality of Earth-616 has gone through eight different incarnations, all triggered by different instances of multiversal renewal, which constitutes in the destruction and re-creation of everything there is."

Here, as explained in Ultimates, we find that this is the 8th version of our world, and they're all known as Earth-616.

"Even though as a consequence of Secret Wars the Marvel Universe officially has no longer a numeric designation, here at the Marvel Database this designation will continue being referenced in pages like this one and in article names for the sake of practicality. It is also worth mentioning that in the comics, characters are still using the term "Earth-616," like in Spider-Gwen Vol 2 #16."

And here is proof it's still being used anyway! I think ultimately someone will come out and just say it's still Earth-616. Or that Marvel secretly still follow this thought in-house. I say, like Loki, it's still a duck!!

So, on fan clubs that meet up and talk Marvel in my area of the UK, it doesn't even have to be about Marvel UK specifically, does anybody know where I might find them?

Spectacular Member

Good news from the August solicits - judging by the cover of US Avengers that month, we're going to see Brian and Faiza in that issue.
    Shang Chi is going to turn up in that month's Iron Fist as well.
    And finally - Blade is in the Secret Empire anthology companion series they have running
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Good news from the August solicits - judging by the cover of US Avengers that month, we're going to see Brian and Faiza in that issue.
    Shang Chi is going to turn up in that month's Iron Fist as well.
    And finally - Blade is in the Secret Empire anthology companion series they have running
    Captain Britain and his sometimes fake? What's going on there?!

Secret Empire is what's going on. Squirrel Girl, Enigma, Iron Patriot and Red Hulk are exiles, spending that issue and the previous one in Europe (France and then the UK I guess). There's another British hero there too - Outlaw. He and two of his friends from Contest of Champions, Ares and Guillotine, will also be appearing in those two issues.

Why is Brian still bearded? I thought he only grew that because he was on the run, during the endgame of Hickman's Avengers?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

U.S.AVENGERS #9
    AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA (A/C)
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    As Steve Rogers’ prisoners of war attempt to break out of HYDRA’s top-secret prison…the other half of the U.S.Avengers – and a host of international guest stars – break into America! Plus: The fate of the Red Hulk! And what’s going on with Cannonball? Did we kill him, or what?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is Brian still bearded? I thought he only grew that because he was on the run, during the endgame of Hickman's Avengers?
    Typical. No two consecutive writer/artist teams who use Brian can remember what uniform he was last wearing, and revert him to different old ones on each new appearance. But someone gives him a beard and plucks out an eye in a story set during a multiversal collapse, and that gets remembered the next time he appears, despite all the other death and destruction that happened during that story being undone when the multiverse got rebooted.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Why is Brian still bearded?
    Because Meggan likes him with a beard
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Because Meggan likes him with a beard
    Then she needs to re-evaluate her life, because with his mask, it just looks WEIRD!! Lol!!

Secret Empire is what's going on. Squirrel Girl, Enigma, Iron Patriot and Red Hulk are exiles, spending that issue and the previous one in Europe (France and then the UK I guess). There's another British hero there too - Outlaw. He and two of his friends from Contest of Champions, Ares and Guillotine, will also be appearing in those two issues.

What's the deal with Faiza though? Why does she get called Captain Britain sometimes??

I am happy that CB is going to be in something but it looks like Guillotine is going to replace The Black Knight. No sign of him or any character left in Weirdworld. Hopefully, he will appear somewhere when Marvel goes to Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    What's the deal with Faiza though? Why does she get called Captain Britain sometimes??
    Because Age of Ultron's Faiza was Cap: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Faiza_H..._(Earth-61112) The same version of Faiza was the title character of Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders, a Secret Wars tie-in. Both were written by... guess who? Yes, Al Ewing.