Page 208 of 212 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3171
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

X OF SWORDS OHC
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN, TINI HOWARD, VITA AYALA, BENJAMIN PERCY, ED BRISSON, GERRY DUGGAN, ZEB WELLS & LEAH WILLIAMS
    Penciled by PEPE LARRAZ, MAHMUD ASRAR, JOSHUA CASSARA, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, R.B. SILVA, MATTEO LOLLI, VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, ROD REIS, PHIL NOTO, CARMEN CARNERO & CARLOS GOMEZ
    Cover by PEPE LARRAZ & MARK BROOKS
    A tower. A mission. A gathering of armies. Swords will be drawn in the first epic crossover of the astonishing Dawn of X! Wolverine, the X-Men, Cable, X-Force, Excalibur, X-Factor, the New Mutants, the Marauders, the Hellions and the rest of Krakoa’s residents will all feel the effects — but which ten mutants will wield the blades? Weapons both new and familiar are drawn from their scabbards as the X-Men prepare to do mythic battle against a truly daunting foe! Jonathan Hickman and his fellow visionary creators — who have painstakingly put all the pieces into place during Dawn of X — join forces to smash the board! Collecting X OF SWORDS: CREATION, STASIS and DESTRUCTION, X-MEN (2019) #12-15, EXCALIBUR (2019) #13-15, MARAUDERS #13-15, X-FORCE (2019) #13-14, NEW MUTANTS (2019) #13, WOLVERINE (2020) #6-7, CABLE (2020) #5-6, HELLIONS #5-6 and X-FACTOR (2020) #4.
    648 PGS./Rated T+ Â…$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92717-2
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    EXCALIBUR #16
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    THE SWORD IS SHEATHED !
    The team is left changed in the aftermath of X OF SWORDS… and some things lost cannot be replaced.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Is that book cancelled?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Captain Britain by Drew Moss:

Cool. Coloured in correctly as well!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Why the long face, Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why the long face, Cap?
    Unfortunately he's had little to smile about. I'm just so sick of Marvel US screwing him over.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Unfortunately he's had little to smile about. I'm just so sick of Marvel US screwing him over.
    Wait, what am I missing? Who isn't being screwed over by Marvel these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Wait, what am I missing? Who isn't being screwed over by Marvel these days anyway?
    Brian has lost the Captain Britain identity to Betsy, which I understand is intended to be permanent. Over in Betsy's thread, of course the talk soon went to Betsy being CB in any movie appearances, and of course following from that, Brian's back-catalogue of stories and rogues gallery would be absorbed by Betsy leaving Brian with... nothing. I believe the X-Men stuff going on at the moment which heavily involves Saturnyne has Brian once again easily mind-controlled and basically being crap. Which is what I have come to expect from Marvel US. If you actually look for instances of Brian having any sort of good showing (winning fights, being smart and resourceful and right - you know, the basic meat-and-potatoes of being a super-hero) under a US writer, you will find very, very few examples no matter how far back you go.

As for who isn't being screwed over, I'm not following enough books to know, but I'm guessing Captain America, whist having hurdles and misfortunes to overcome, is being awesome because he is Marvel's favourite son, even over Spider-Man, and has been for a long while; Captain Marvel is, I believe, actually getting a good push at the moment; and Betsy is Captain Britain and is getting to do cool stuff (her getting the Captain Britain identity is at least partly to compensate her for losing everything to Kwannon, of course).

Astonishing Member

Maybe Brian could become a Captain Britain of Science, he is a scientist. Maybe combind with some magic artifacts but mainly create his own powers.

He actually does have access to his powers. He was given another choice, and took the Sword of Might - which will be important in X of Swords. Betsy has the Amulet of Right, so that means both Captain Britain empowering artifacts are in use. Betsy is now the main Captain Britain, but Brian is still Captain Britain too.

Something has happened to Diamond UK (possibly COVID related), so there might be empty shelves at the comic shops. Retailers can't contact them.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/diam...r-the-weekend/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Brian's powers should be innate.

So... Captain Avalon then...
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 151250.jpg
    Thought this issue was horrendous only good thing was the art which is a shame but to be expected.

Well it's another issue closer to their goal of removing Brian from the Captain Britain role permanently, unfortunately. Start placing your bets on whether he will make it out alive.

And once again, no one seems to hold Jamie's human trafficking and murder against him.

"Avalon" doesn't really roll off the tongue...

But I don't see Betsy as Captain Britain being permanent. She's too popular as Psylocke.

She can't go back to the Psylocke identity with Kwannon still claiming it, and this whole thing was triggered by Marvel being embarrassed by race-swap debacle. This whole plot is to cement Betsy's new identity as Captain Britain, imo.