Page 209 of 212 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    She can't go back to the Psylocke identity with Kwannon still claiming it, and this whole thing was triggered by Marvel being embarrassed by race-swap debacle. This whole plot is to cement Betsy's new identity as Captain Britain, imo.
    I know but I think it's still too early to expect this to be another Captain Marvel situation in my opinion. I mean, pre-Hickman she was still basically Psylocke and wearing a Psylocke-esque costume in her old body and I don't know if people really care that much about Kwannon, especially when Psylocke was never really her name.

Well it's another issue closer to their goal of removing Brian from the Captain Britain role permanently, unfortunately. Start placing your bets on whether he will make it out alive.

And once again, no one seems to hold Jamie's human trafficking and murder against him.
    Brian having a new mantle at least gives more chances of surviving the XoS, not much but better than he would have if he was between Betsy and the Captain Britain mantle.

Anyway, I've never read anything with Captain Britain before, just his cameos here and there, I'm considering starting with Alan Moore's run, is it a good place start?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Brian having a new mantle at least gives more chances of surviving the XoS, not much but better than he would have if he was between Betsy and the Captain Britain mantle.

Anyway, I've never read anything with Captain Britain before, just his cameos here and there, I'm considering starting with Alan Moore's run, is it a good place start?
    Yes... ish. It's a bit weird as Moore takes over from Dave Thorpe mid-story, and several of the collections don't carry the Thorpe issues, dropping you in the middle of an ongoing story. Were you planning to read the Moore stuff on-line (it's available free, or was last time I checked)?

Yes... ish. It's a bit weird as Moore takes over from Dave Thorpe mid-story, and several of the collections don't carry the Thorpe issues, dropping you in the middle of an ongoing story. Were you planning to read the Moore stuff on-line (it's available free, or was last time I checked)?
    I'm thinking about getting Marvel Unlimited, but the thing is, I don't read a lot of Marvel stuff, specially the old ones, DC Universe would be more of my liking, but is not available on Brasil yet.

Really surprises me that Marvel don't keep Moore's Captain Britain in print all that much. I've never gotten around to reading it but I've waited for a collection of it for ages. You'd think they'd try and push it as much as possible seeing as it's one of the only things Alan Moore has written for them!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Really surprises me that Marvel don't keep Moore's Captain Britain in print all that much. I've never gotten around to reading it but I've waited for a collection of it for ages. You'd think they'd try and push it as much as possible seeing as it's one of the only things Alan Moore has written for them!
    I think it's mainly because Moore doesn't want to have anything to do with Marvel anymore.

The Captain Britain Omnibus costs a fortune now, but - for example - I've seen all 7 issues of X-Men Archives featuring Captain Britain (which collects all Alan Davis era CB strips including the Moore run) go for pretty cheap on eBay and other places. Well worth hunting down IMO.

I'm not at all keen on the colouring job on the reprints - the early issues are especially bad colour-wise, imo. The original black & white printing was more effective.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

KING IN BLACK: BLACK KNIGHT #1
    SIMON SPURRIER (W) • JESUS SAIZ (A) • Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by Jesus Saiz
    Variant cover by Benjamin Su
    Hidden Gem Variant cover by Tod Smith
    THE BLACK KNIGHT DUELS THE KING IN BLACK!
    KNULL’s ferocious assault upon earth has begun and Dane Whitman – Avenger, hero, and wielder of the mighty Ebony Blade as the BLACK KNIGHT – takes up sword and shield to defend against the unstoppable onslaught. Though the blade grants Dane incredible power so too does it consume him with a lust for violence and destruction. As the endless horde of symbiote dragons darken the skies of Shanghai, will the Black Knight overcome the growing evil within himself and join AERO and SWORD MASTER in saving the city?! And what secrets will the battle against Knull reveal about Dane’s past?
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

THE UNION #2 (OF 5)
    PAUL GRIST (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A) • Cover by PACO MEDINA
    variant cover by JOHN McCREA - APR200880
    Design Variant by R.B. SILVA - APR200881
    A FRACTURED UNION?!
    THE UNION must battle for their lives (and each other) as KNULL’s Invasion crescendos!
    Thrust unto the global stage, will they be able to prove themselves as a team or will they crumble as the world watches?
    Plus, a devastating blow to the fledgling team rocks them to their very core!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

EXCALIBUR #17
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!?
    Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

So I guess Brian is supposed to be Captain Avalon now. What does everyone think?

I think it's better than "Britanic". I don't mind him not being called Captain Britain, except I feel Marvel will use the name change to take from Brian and give to Betsy. I do mind that American writers keep using the idea that Brian has no powers other than those granted by the role of Captain Britain, and that they can be taken away and given to someone else. It seems to me that Marvel US continue to look for ways to avoid giving us Brian as a power fantasy hero, which is what super-heroes are supposed to be. They effectively keep taking our hero away from us. I also know that Feige does get asked about Captain Britain in films, and I worry that Betsy's acquisition of the identity comes from him deciding to sidestep the issue of giving us Brian in film by Making Betsy CB for the MCU. I do not want Brian effectively erased by the MCU (as Mar-Vell was), and I certainly don't want Betsy as the hero of a Jasper's Warp storyline.

We've had to put up with so much ****, what with him being portrayed as an entitled arse, incompetent, seeing him humiliated and frequently depowered in some fashion... even The Sword is Drawn doesn't post here anymore. I feel that Marvel US doesn't want Brian with a fan-base, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they killed him off at the end of this, or depowered him again, or have him stay in Avalon permanently, thus removing him from the MU. They have blatantly avoided using him in a heroic role when they could, and I don't see any positive outcome from this storyline. I'd like to be wrong, but unless a big-name British writer adopts the character, I don't see any future for the character. And that's kind of ridiculous as male British readers don't have a major hero to represent them, and we're not such a small demographic. Making Betsy CB certainly does not scratch that itch for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    So... Captain Avalon then...
    Attachment 101593
    Thought this issue was horrendous only good thing was the art which is a shame but to be expected.
    I don't like the new look. Brian has the coolest uniform in Marvel, when he's Captain Britain that is.

BANNED

We've had to put up with so much ****, what with him being portrayed as an entitled arse, incompetent, seeing him humiliated and frequently depowered in some fashion
    True. Hickman should make him Cap again and give him a mini series or something. Just to make him look cool again. Then give the ongoing to Gillen.

That would be a "no" from me for Gillen. I remember the fuss about the Manchester Gods plotline in Journey into Mystery. We don't want a hostile writer on CB.