Page 172 of 212 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3171

I thought a few of you might enjoy this - just saw it posted on Twitter earlier:

Marvel UK Head Count.jpg

Some of you may remember that picture - it was used on the cover of the BodyCount One-Shot, which was essentially a features magazine style comic running through the various artists and what they were working on at the time. Not unlike a UK-only Marvel Age I suppose.
    http://starlogged.blogspot.com/2012/...bodycount.html

Marvel UK BodyCount.jpg

Union Jack London Falling was good in a sort of action movie sense.
    I found the limeyisms a bit annoying,but it far from the worst case I saw.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Is Psylocke Turning Caucasian Again?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...sian-spoilers/

I really hope so.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Given the solicits for future Daredevil episodes, it seems Weapon Lost

spoilers:
    Brings Mike Murdock back into the world as a separate person
    end of spoilers

Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if Psylocke gets a doppelganger in her original form (or, possibly) a reappearance of Revanche.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Meh I don’t love Caucasian Betsy. To be honest that whole body switch thing should just be kind of forgotten. The universe seems to reboot every few years, just say she’s always been Asian

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So you're saying that you want to abandon her connection to her brother?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Is Psylocke Turning Caucasian Again?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...sian-spoilers/

I really hope so.
    Well, I certainly wouldn't oppose that. The whole ''white girl walking around in an asian girl's body'' story hasn't really aged well, and if this brings Betsy closer to her Marvel UK origins and family, even better. I love her design, btw. The bright purple really suits her. Hopefully this is for real and not just a cop-out like we've had in the past.

I guess the downside of this is possibly losing a prominent asian figure in Marvel Comics. One way to fix this would be giving the asian body back to Kwannon and letting her still be a part of Marvel's stories, so you wouldn't be erasing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So you're saying that you want to abandon her connection to her brother?
    Twins of different racial appearence might be a strange concept, but it's actually not biologically impossible at all. They could go this way with Brian/Betsy with the help of a soft reboot, but I think it's too late for that, since they didn't bother with Secret Wars and now we're apparently having a story that's establishing, once again, that Betsy was originally white.

Double post

Some people on the X forum suggested retconning the whole of the Braddock family into being Asian British as a work around.

Personally I think that's a terrible idea. Captain Britain and the Braddock family have been around for decades. I don't see how you can just abandon so much history.

The thing is, it's basically a subset of Psylocke fans that can't cope with the idea of a significant change in the way their hero is portrayed deciding that the solution is to make the same sort of changes to Captain Britain; in other words they don't want to compromise, but they don't see why we should have a problem. I think it's a bit hypocritical, but welcome to the comic-book fan community.

Myself, I don't mind what they decide for Psylocke, I think everybody has a valid opinion on how they want their hero portrayed and in a perfect world they'd get that version. I don't like the idea of having a major change forced on CB because another fanbase find it more convenient than to compromise at their end, though.

But anyway, I doubt that is going to happen. This is just a bit of fuss about nothing, imo
    Last edited by Panic; 08-13-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Some people on the X forum suggested retconning the whole of the Braddock family into being Asian British as a work around.

Personally I think that's a terrible idea. Captain Britain and the Braddock family have been around for decades. I don't see how you can just abandon so much history.
    It also makes no sense considering that there are hardly any Asians in the UK. So little that the term is completely different to Brits, as they use it to refer to Pakistanis, Indians, and people not from the east part of the continent who resemble the people Americans associate with the term.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

You are totally wrong, our east asian demographic is pretty significant these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    You are totally wrong, our east asian demographic is pretty significant these days.
    Wikipedia says it’s 1.6%.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I see asian faces every time I'm in town, asians are hardly rare over here.