Page 202 of 212 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3171

so who is the "spider-Man" of London or another city in the UK? how about a young female hero?

Ooops

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Yelana Belova? Wrong thread?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Very happy about this!!
    I hope he eventually joins Excalibur, or the regular Avengers/Ewing penned Avengers team.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

X-Men The Hellfire Club #3 Mar 2000
    "For Want of a Soul"
    When Irene Merryweather heads to England to continue her story,

Union Jack saves her from two would-be assassins and takes her to the home of Lady Jacqueline Crichton.
    The former superhero known as Spitfire reads some of her father’s notes of the time he became involved with the Hellfire Club.

The year is 1915 and club member. Sir Waltham Pierce recruits Esau Shaw to the Inner Circle.
    Crichton’s father, Montgomery Falsworth, is secretly the first Union Jack and a friend of Esau’s.
    He warns him about the club’s reputation, and is also concerned that Esau’s envious brother, Jacob, might do something stupid.

Jacob is out walking one night, when he is approached by a stranger, calling himself Nathaniel Essex.
    Shaw follows him to his home, where Essex reveals he is actually Mister Sinister.
    He injects Jacob with a liquid that allows him to shape-shift
    and Jacob grins at the opportunities this opens up for him.

Soon, he shifts to make himself look like Sir Waltham Pierce
    and he mercilessly kills his brother in order to take his place.
    He also wants to get rid of Pierce and shifts into the form of a woman, to carry out his murder.
    Before he can kill him, however, Union Jack appears

and accuses Pierce of conspiracy to undermine the crown,
    sedition against its governing bodies and the murder of Esau Shaw.

Before he answers the charges, Jacob shoots at Union Jack before fleeing.
    As he sprints away into the woods, Union Jack is sure the woman he sees is really Jacob Shaw.
    A trick of the light, he wonders?

Back in the present, Lady Crichton gives Irene the book and, as she leaves,
    she thinks about how Jacob traded his soul to the devil for want of a better soul.
    She wonders if she would do the same, were she in his shoes.

Writer Ben Raab. Artist Charlie Adlard.

I have a theory....

This theory is based on the idea that Betsy(Captain Britain), isn't going to stick and will probably end up going back to her Psylocke moniker.

Brian is now the wielder of the Sword of Might after meeting Merlyn and Roma again. Betsy is currently using Brian Amulet of Right, she was never chosen. So is there a chance that at some point down the line that Brian will wield both the Amulet and the Sword creating some new type of Captain Britain? It has been a running theme throughout Brian's history that Merlyn has a plan for Brian. Originally that was to defeat the Fury, but going into further stories there has always been the undercurrent that Brian has a special destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I have a theory....

This theory is based on the idea that Betsy(Captain Britain), isn't going to stick and will probably end up going back to her Psylocke moniker.

Brian is now the wielder of the Sword of Might after meeting Merlyn and Roma again. Betsy is currently using Brian Amulet of Right, she was never chosen. So is there a chance that at some point down the line that Brian will wield both the Amulet and the Sword creating some new type of Captain Britain? It has been a running theme throughout Brian's history that Merlyn has a plan for Brian. Originally that was to defeat the Fury, but going into further stories there has always been the undercurrent that Brian has a special destiny.
    Betsy has to stick as CB, it's political. The yellowface controversy became something of an embarrassment for Marvel, now they've taken everything that used to define Betsy and given it to Kwannon; they're using all of Brian's CB stuff to fill that void.

Betsy unfortunately was chosen as I understand it, as I heard that at some point they retconned Betsy being offered the CB identity by Merlin before Brian, but rejecting it. I hate it, I think it's cheap, but Marvel US has never been in Brian's corner, so it didn't surprise me to hear that they did this.

I believe Brian has wielded both the sword and the amulet at the same time in the Excalibur miniseries by Ben Raab.

I honestly think that Marvel US would rather us fans of Brian as CB would just go quietly away. I hate that they screw him over every time, but I don't see that changing. They'd rather Betsy be Captain Britain.

Betsy was actually Captain Britain once before.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd be pretty shocked if any of the regulars here hadn't read all of the Davis Captain Britain run.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Betsy was actually Captain Britain once before.
    I remember during this time, Betsy had a nasty run-in with Slaymaster:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Slaymaster_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Betsy has to stick as CB, it's political. The yellowface controversy became something of an embarrassment for Marvel, now they've taken everything that used to define Betsy and given it to Kwannon; they're using all of Brian's CB stuff to fill that void.

Betsy unfortunately was chosen as I understand it, as I heard that at some point they retconned Betsy being offered the CB identity by Merlin before Brian, but rejecting it. I hate it, I think it's cheap, but Marvel US has never been in Brian's corner, so it didn't surprise me to hear that they did this.

I believe Brian has wielded both the sword and the amulet at the same time in the Excalibur miniseries by Ben Raab.

I honestly think that Marvel US would rather us fans of Brian as CB would just go quietly away. I hate that they screw him over every time, but I don't see that changing. They'd rather Betsy be Captain Britain.

Fair enough, I'm not really against Betsy being made a CB. Just wish it didn't have to happen at the expense of Brian.

Betsy got offered the choice before Brian, when did this happen? In the new Excalibur run?

That Ben Raab run has largely been recton'd to death, but I suppose by the time Betsy been fully established as the new CB most of the CB lore would be.

Maybe we should petition Marvel to re-hire Paul Cornell to do another CB book.

Betsy got offered the choice before Brian, when did this happen? In the new Excalibur run?
    I don't know where. I saw someone in the Betsy thread mentioning that she was chosen first. I imagine it was probably in X-Men or perhaps her own mini some years ago.

Like you, I don't mind Betsy being called Captain Britain, but I do mind using that and her connection to Brian to take all of Brian's enemies and mythology to prop her up; come up with her own enemies and *******ing cast, don't take Brian's.

I'm just generally pissed off with Marvel these days.

Seriously, that swear filter goes too far! We can't refer to non-title characters any more? S U P P O R T gets censored, so you can't mention *******ing cast.

Does anyone remember volume 2 of Excalibur?
    It should have been called Captain Britain but I was reading it last night, and harkens back to the Cap series, with mastermind, Linda who was Captain UK and the amulet/sword.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Does anyone remember volume 2 of Excalibur?
    It should have been called Captain Britain but I was reading it last night, and harkens back to the Cap series, with mastermind, Linda who was Captain UK and the amulet/sword.
    Yeah, it was very much an attempt to cater to us fans of the Davis-drawn Captain Britain strip, whilst at the same time giving Brian a promotion to take him off the board and make way for a new Captain Britain. Ironically I don't think it's particularly well regarded by CB fans.