Page 22 of 212 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well, having seen Phantom Reporter's return a few pages ago, I decided I might as well bite the bullet and come back too. Can't say I was happy about the boards being wiped but I know that I'm still going to visit here occasionally ... and since I'm still going to visit, I might as well keep being a member.

Need to catch up on a few comic releases, I think, but I'm interested in seeing what's been happening over the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've said it before, but I'm waiting for a writer who has a better grasp of Captain Britain to establish that Brian's been busy in other realities, and that half of his post-MI13 appearances are actually alternate reality counterparts subbing for him, explaining the regular costume changes and ongoing personality swings.
    The costume one, I justify in my head as Brian putting his costume in the wash after every third fight and he puts on a new one until it's clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    The costume one, I justify in my head as Brian putting his costume in the wash after every third fight and he puts on a new one until it's clean.
    Or an evil clone

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've said it before, but I'm waiting for a writer who has a better grasp of Captain Britain to establish that Brian's been busy in other realities, and that half of his post-MI13 appearances are actually alternate reality counterparts subbing for him, explaining the regular costume changes and ongoing personality swings.
    Well if the multiversal doppelgänger boot fits........

Works well for me. Maybe this is all Brian Bardics ultimate revenge, making our Brian look like an arse in his own reality.

Revolutionary War hasn't been well received by the one person who reviewed it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=468294

Does anyone want to post a rebuttal? I've not read it yet...

Done. (JoeFan = me)
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Done. (JoeFan = me)
    Good work - at least it won't be stuck on 1 star now.

Does anyone know what the difference between the two trade versions of revolutionary war are? One is out two weeks later, £3 more and seems to have 8 extra pages, but I don't know what extra content it has.

Not sure if anyone has posted this before on here or previous threads from 'Trone of The Otherworld' website - Captain Britain vs The Fury model - based on The Daredevils Alan Davis cover art - looks fan made

Fury1.jpg

http://throneofotherworld.blogspot.c...world.html?m=1
    Last edited by IzzY World; 06-04-2014 at 05:28 AM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

^Very cool.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted this before on here or previous threads from 'Trone of The Otherworld' website - Captain Britain vs The Fury model - based on The Daredevils Alan Davis cover art - looks fan made

Fury1.jpg

http://throneofotherworld.blogspot.c...world.html?m=1
    Now that's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Where is Jessica Hyde? View Post
    Good work - at least it won't be stuck on 1 star now.

Does anyone know what the difference between the two trade versions of revolutionary war are? One is out two weeks later, £3 more and seems to have 8 extra pages, but I don't know what extra content it has.

Yeah, I noticed this also. On amazon.co.uk, the cheaper one (176 pages at £15.99) has "PANINI UK LTD / MARVEL" detailed as the publisher, whereas the dearer one (184 pages at £18.99) has "MARVEL - US". Just to complicate things, Speedyhen.co.uk has the cheaper one at 196 pages.

The mind boggles

I'm going to wait this out and wait for it to appear on the amazon.co.uk marketplace (where it will be quite a bit cheaper) before I make any ad hoc purchasing decisions.

Panini have a thing for putting out trades of stuff before Marvel US does. I've bought some Ultimate trades that are listed as Panini published over the MUS ones. I dunno if there is a difference in any/all cases of what i've bought...

I ordered the 12.99 one from Amazon UK...
    I surrender to the Contest

Not sure if people knew this but Dane Whitman will not only make an appearance in Original Sins but also in Avengers World.
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...tions-any-idea

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Not sure if people knew this but Dane Whitman will not only make an appearance in Original Sins but also in Avengers World.
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...tions-any-idea
    Didn't know about the Avengers World appearance. Remember hoping for a UK mention back when the series was announced.

There seemed to be some reshuffling with the forum avatars yesterday, and as a result the good Captain was given an avatar. Only one, but at least he's on the CBR avatar map. Here it is: