Page 10 of 212 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    No. The boards are set to whatever time zone you pick in your profile.
    Ah, that explains it, thanks. *goes to edit profile*

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    It was one of the tie-ins not the main book itself. So unless you read them as well its no surprise you mised them.
    Thank you, Danvidar. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Out of context...yes...emotional $%#ing rollercoaster.....add 'CB&MI13' behind it and it's the greatest celebration of what Paul Cornell was trying to achieve with that series. He didn't want it to be 'that British superhero book' he wanted it to be 'that really good superhero book'

Please one day Marvel let this man continue his good works....
    My eyes watered. I NEVER get watery-eyed over couples in comics.
    Until I read this. But now that you all have told me they reunite by the end of the series, I feel a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    They aren't in the main series CW.

The Uncanny X-Men issues featured what happened to Britain during HoM.

Initially we see Brian and Meggan in Otherworld....in keeping with the end of the 'Excalibur' mini series previous to this. However Chris Claremont does his usual and ignores past CB continuity that he doesn't like......Brian at this point is really the ruler of the Omniverse...AND not the current Captain Britain.

So in this Roma is in charge........again.....somehow......even though she gave it up to Brian.....

Anyhoo.........the 616 'House of M' stuff threatens everything so CB and Meggan offer to go down and sort it out...however if they do they may become part of the change universe soooooo....

Brian becomes 'King' of the UK but under the overall rule of Magneto. Wisdom, Rachel and Betsy all appear over the course of the storyline. And when they work out whats going on Meggan sacrifices herself into some time rift bollocks....or something....

Then after HoM Britain was apparently was undefended because there weren;'t any mutants (despite there being huge amounts of non-mutant superheroes) and full of anti-mutant hysteria (even though previous to this there had been no evidence of such...or since) which resulted in 'New Excalibur'......a team of mostly US ex X-Men no one wanted.

Only Paul Cornell could save that.

And did.
    Wow. Your posts remind me of how much I need to read CB.
    WTF has Marvel done???

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    It was the Uncanny X-Men tie-in issues. Chris Claremont, Alan Davis and Chris Bachalo. It deal with what Wanda's hex did to the multiverse, and set up the New Excalibur ongoing series.
    Thanks again, SiD. <3

You guys are the best.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    And as if by MagiK ... heeeeres' IzzY !

and to add my tuppence to the Meggan/Brian postings - here's a piece written by Willow & Me - and drawn by moi - from our FREE webcomic : Avengers UK Presents: CAPTAIN BRITAIN - special edition - we wanted to address the issue that Brian was only attracted to Meggan because she changed her appearance - something that we felt was untrue

for the whole issue see: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2120857&type=1

Man this is my favorite panel so far.. loving the thought behind this, The reaction to Betsy and Jamie is spot on. I wish they did this for Psylocke..

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Man this is my favorite panel so far.. loving the thought behind this, The reaction to Betsy and Jamie is spot on. I wish they did this for Psylocke..
    That entire issue is GOLD.
    I loved it.
    The art is great and the writing is fantastic.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    That entire issue is GOLD.
    I loved it.
    The art is great and the writing is fantastic.
    I love the fact that they ACKNOWLEDGE that Betsy was HOT before the Body swap... the writing in a lot of fan fics is outstanding. Well when they take the time to research the character, and get it as close to right as possible.

Typically I don't like Promoting my own work, but I'll do it this one time. I did a fan fic of her never leaving her body, and going back into modeling, then I aged her and Brian up to 43. But Betsy has accepted her heritage from otherworld, I'll eventually have her become Lady Butterfly in my fan fictions.

If you'd like here's the fan fic I wrote with a bit of art behind it. Check it out if you'd like.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9994561...-things-change

BANNED

This is awesome.. I love the process behind the art.

BANNED

Captain Britain and the Doctor.. I love Alan Davis!

Really lovely work, guys!

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Pre-Acts of Vengeance Betsy was awesome. I know it's down to personal taste but I would rather see British Spy Betsy than Scantily Clad Ninja Betsy any day of the week.

I see Betsy referred to as a spy a fair amount on-line, but from what we actually saw of her and the psi-divison in the Captain Britain strip they seemingly were not trained in fieldwork but in intelligence gathering and research. I don't know whether this has been retconned since then but I just thought I'd point it out. I know that most spies aren't kill-trained James Bond assassin-types, but when people mention Betsy being a spy I tend to think they equate that with being a badass hand-to-hand killer, and I don't think that was the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I see Betsy referred to as a spy a fair amount on-line, but from what we actually saw of her and the psi-divison in the Captain Britain strip they seemingly were not trained in fieldwork but in intelligence gathering and research. I don't know whether this has been retconned since then but I just thought I'd point it out. I know that most spies aren't kill-trained James Bond assassin-types, but when people mention Betsy being a spy I tend to think they equate that with being a badass hand-to-hand killer, and I don't think that was the case at all.

Oh, hell no. She was a real life Spook. They're not all combat trained to fight. Betsy would have been primarily a non-combatant intelligence officer. I'm sure it could be more fully retconned if it was needed, but you're not wrong.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

In honour of CB's first costume (btw, I actually have this very issue bagged and boxed away in the attic):

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Some fine Alan Davis art:

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I seem to remember the reason she took to wearing armour with the X-Men (prior to the merge with Kwannon) was to help in close combat. Which suggests she wasn't highly trained in hand to hand combat at that point. She might've had some training from Captain UK in her brief career as Captain Britain, but I think you are probably correct and her STRIKE training was more focussed on espionage skills than combat training.

Quote Originally Posted by RichyBlackBass View Post
    I seem to remember the reason she took to wearing armour with the X-Men (prior to the merge with Kwannon) was to help in close combat. Which suggests she wasn't highly trained in hand to hand combat at that point. She might've had some training from Captain UK in her brief career as Captain Britain, but I think you are probably correct and her STRIKE training was more focussed on espionage skills than combat training.

I kind of miss the armour, too.