Page 101 of 212 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There can be only one!

I think the corps may disagree with you there
    Captain_Britain_Corps.jpg

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Isn't there a new CB now?

Not officially, no. Alt Universe Faiza Hussain as Cap is... just that. An alternate.

Brian Braddock remains the only Captain for Marvel's central universe. Whatever that is after Secret Wars (I presume 616 again, tbh).
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Black Knight #3 solicitation & cover:

BLACK KNIGHT #3
    FRANK TIERI (W) • LUCA PIZZARI & KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Variant cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    • This is it -- the moment you've been waiting for! The Black Knight vs. the Avengers!
    • Will Dane and his forces vanquish his old team mates?
    • Or will this mark the end of Dane's adventures in Weirdworld?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Is Dane turning evil? Do not want!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Is Dane turning evil? Do not want!
    Dane won't be but the the Sword... THE SWORD!!!

Yeah, but by this point Dane and the sword are sort of blended together. Who knows where Dane ends and the Ebony Blade begins?

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Yeah, but by this point Dane and the sword are sort of blended together. Who knows where Dane ends and the Ebony Blade begins?
    I'm sure that will be a running theme throughout the series, but he won't genuinely *turn* evil. Shades of less than idealistically good. But never an out and out bad guy.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Not officially, no. Alt Universe Faiza Hussain as Cap is... just that. An alternate.

Brian Braddock remains the only Captain for Marvel's central universe. Whatever that is after Secret Wars (I presume 616 again, tbh).
    Didn't Al Ewing say that he wanted Faiza Hussain to be the new CB? He tested the waters in the Age of Ultron storyline and finally got the chance to do it recently in one of the Secret Wars related mini. Maybe with him writing several books in the new rebooted MU, he going to try again and this time make it part of the regular MU continuity?

Didn't Al Ewing say that he wanted Faiza Hussain to be the new CB? He tested the waters in the Age of Ultron storyline and finally got the chance to do it recently in one of the Secret Wars related mini. Maybe with him writing several books in the new rebooted MU, he going to try again and this time make it part of the regular MU continuity?
    I'm not sure where you're coming from, Ken. What Al Ewing said was:
    I just wanted to give Faiza-Cap another go in the spotlight. It was a bit sad for me that, because of the date the issue in question dropped, her timeline had already been erased when she got the title. So, since I had the opportunity on Battleworld to revisit old timelines and alternate universes, I figured that'd be one to come back to for another visit.
    Nothing in there suggests that the change is permanent. Plus, in the first issue of CB & the Mighty Defenders Faiza says that Brian is dead, but we can see what looks to be Brian in the classic Alan Davis CB uniform on the cover of Secret Wars 7. So I think you're barking up the wrong tree here mate.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I'm sure that will be a running theme throughout the series, but he won't genuinely *turn* evil. Shades of less than idealistically good. But never an out and out bad guy.
    Have to agree Sword. One question that Tieri is posing is does Dane HAVE to be the one to wield the Ebony Blade like he thinks he is.

I just noticed in the preview for Black Knight #3, Kev Walker is the artist. I googled him and he is a british artist who looks perfect for Weirdworld.

See the link for a preview page of issue #1. I got a kick out of the Farrah Fawcett poster and H.E.R.B.I.E. the robot. The Lord of the Rings copy indicates that Dane's my precioussss is the Ebony Blade.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...ew-3-77ba5.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    I just noticed in the preview for Black Knight #3, Kev Walker is the artist. I googled him and he is a british artist who looks perfect for Weirdworld
    Awesome news. You should know though, the paintings that come up from a google search of his name are not representative of his comic book work. Kev uses a much more standard comic book style.

e.g. from Avengers #44

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Awesome news. You should know though, the paintings that come up from a google search of his name are not representative of his comic book work. Kev uses a much more standard comic book style.

e.g. from Avengers #44
    Kev also illustrated the Avengers Arena series
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

As was posted by others, this was more of a chance for Ewing to revive Faiza from the alternate Age of Ultron timeline, where he set her up as Captain Britain. Give here a bit of a second run. But much more than that.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Faiza. I was a huge fan of her from Captain Britain & MI13, and have been glad that when MI13 have showed up in other books since she has been there as a guest star. Not forgotten like so many modern characters created at Marvel today.

I just prefer her as Excalibur, wielding the sword and its responsibility. That's why I liked her paired with Dane. If you're going to have the corruptive nature of The Ebony Blade in play, what better to counteract that than Excalibur? It would be great if she showed up on Tieri's Black Knight run, but I do kind of doubt that'll happen.

I am very much of the opinion though that Faiza should not be Captain Britain. I want to see her established as a character in her own right, and remove this occasional muddying of Excalibur being connected to the Captain Britain mythos. They are separate things, and should remain that way.

Have to agree Sword. One question that Tieri is posing is does Dane HAVE to be the one to wield the Ebony Blade like he thinks he is.

Yes. I'm really looking forward to this book. He's been told it's his burden, but maybe there are ways of freeing himself from that.

I just noticed in the preview for Black Knight #3, Kev Walker is the artist. I googled him and he is a british artist who looks perfect for Weirdworld.

See the link for a preview page of issue #1. I got a kick out of the Farrah Fawcett poster and H.E.R.B.I.E. the robot. The Lord of the Rings copy indicates that Dane's my precioussss is the Ebony Blade.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...ew-3-77ba5.jpg

Kev Walker is great. Loved his art on Avengers Arena, and Thunderbolts before that. He's a proper old-school 2000 AD artist, but he's successfully made the transition to American comics.
    It Came From Darkmoor...