Page 102 of 212 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3171

Quick heads up!

Tomorrow (Saturday 31st October) on Avengers UK we have a great comic strip of 'Motormouth & Killpower" ! A new adventure written by Richard Green (who writes our version of Knights of Pendragon) and with art by Bill Bushman (who is a fantastic American cartoonist with his own popular webcomic 'Limbo Road') I also provide some bridging artwork along with a fantastic 80s retro variant cover as well by Australian artist Chris Holmes! a truly international collaboration!
    It's all FREE - go to the AVENGERS UK Facebook page - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Quick heads up!

Tomorrow (Saturday 31st October) on Avengers UK we have a great comic strip of 'Motormouth & Killpower" ! A new adventure written by Richard Green (who writes our version of Knights of Pendragon) and with art by Bill Bushman (who is a fantastic American cartoonist with his own popular webcomic 'Limbo Road') I also provide some bridging artwork along with a fantastic 80s retro variant cover as well by Australian artist Chris Holmes! a truly international collaboration!
    It's all FREE - go to the AVENGERS UK Facebook page - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Cheers for the heads up, Izzy. Glad to see that while Marvel seem to have no concrete plans for Marvel UK properties on view you guys are still doing their job for them.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Quick heads up!

Always inspiring to see the artwork on Avengers UK! Wonderful work, guys.

Then we'll wrap with Gotham Thrasher, who wants to know the whereabouts of a couple of Marvel characters: "Any chance of Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze and Captain Britain showing in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe?"

Alonso: There are no current plans for Captain Britain, and sketchy plans for Johnny Blaze. Unless. Wait. Sounds like a buddy book...
    from this week's Axel-In-Charge
    I surrender to the Contest

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    So disappointing. After all that stuff in Bleeding Cool and then the hint that was given on Alonso's Column a few weeks back. Really annoying. It finally looked like something was happening, then bugger all again :-(

Wow. No Captain Britain. All New All Different Marvel sucks.

Well, that is pretty terrible news. I guess all those rumours had no substance at all, in that case.

It is disappointing, especially given the character's push leading up to Secret Wars and next year being the 40th anniversary of Brian as a character.

I know that Marvel skipped the 35th, but this time I genuinely had been hopeful.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Well, that is pretty terrible news. I guess all those rumours had no substance at all, in that case.

It is disappointing, especially given the character's push leading up to Secret Wars and next year being the 40th anniversary of Brian as a character.

I know that Marvel skipped the 35th, but this time I genuinely had been hopeful.
    What rumours? I saw none (I'm not saying they weren't there, I just didn't see ANY for Captain Britain). Sure there have been hints of Death's Head (and Citizen V) but I've seen no hint of anything to be expected this year.

I saw the bleeding cool article but a) that's next year that's Cap's anniversary and b) it's bleeding cool! :/

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    What rumours? I saw none (I'm not saying they weren't there, I just didn't see ANY for Captain Britain). Sure there have been hints of Death's Head (and Citizen V) but I've seen no hint of anything to be expected this year.

I saw the bleeding cool article but a) that's next year that's Cap's anniversary and b) it's bleeding cool! :/

Cheers.

James.

Yes. They fanned the fire. And stated mentioning how Mark Buckingham had declared an interest in having wanted to draw the character. If nothing else I had hoped that in some point between that, the 40th and Hickman's previous pushing of Brian might result in something finite.

Sadly, once again, it has come to nothing.

It was a pretty vague hope, granted.

For a character with that many ties to other characters within Marvel I find it odd that there is no place for him at all in ANAD Marvel. That nobody has even thought of him, yet.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

It doesn't surprise me that Brian isn't showing up anywhere. I think this year Dane is the MI:13 member getting a chance, and I think the US Marvel writers find him less problematic to write for than CB.

I know that not everyone feels the same as I do, but I'd rather there be no Captain Britain appearance rather than another Remender-like character assassination.

well, bear in mind he says no 'current' plans. there may be an intention to get something off the ground, but nothing has currently happened. Something may come along in May or June or even August or September.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that Brian isn't showing up anywhere. I think this year Dane is the MI:13 member getting a chance, and I think the US Marvel writers find him less problematic to write for than CB.

I know that not everyone feels the same as I do, but I'd rather there be no Captain Britain appearance rather than another Remender-like character assassination.

Oh, I'm with you on that. Frustrating though his absence may be it's infinitely preferable than the damage that kind of treatment can cause.

As readers we should probably be used to it by now. It's not like this hasn't been the case so often over the past 4 decades.

The same cycle. Revive Brian, set up a concept, start running with it, then stop abruptly. Leave it a couple of years. Let some another writer pick him up, ignore the past story or stories, make a total hash of it and abandon ship. Leave it for a couple of years and start the cycle again.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Cheers for the heads up, Izzy. Glad to see that while Marvel seem to have no concrete plans for Marvel UK properties on view you guys are still doing their job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Always inspiring to see the artwork on Avengers UK! Wonderful work, guys.

Thanks guys ! More on it's way - we have an old skool Annual coming your way for Christmas - think old hardback Marvel and Whizzer and Chips annuals - and you are on the right track. This of course will be in a digital/Facebook page upload

We have cartoon strips, pin-ups, puzzles, text stories and more featuring Captain Britain, Knights of Pendragon , Dark Guard, Black Knight, Night Raven plus my Defenders UK -- and more!
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

BANNED

Wow, that sucks fairly incredibly. He's been playing such a large role in the MU lately. Then to stick him in the "Vault"? What's the reasoning?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Wow, that sucks fairly incredibly. He's been playing such a large role in the MU lately. Then to stick him in the "Vault"? What's the reasoning?
    I don't get it either. Apparently Alonso doesn't have as much enthusiasm for CB as Hickman does. It's a big disappointment to see a character with such potential go to waste.