Page 103 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3171
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I don't get it either. Apparently Alonso doesn't have as much enthusiasm for CB as Hickman does. It's a big disappointment to see a character with such potential go to waste.

And I guess that is always going to be the problem for Brian. Captain Britain is the kind of character who really needs a specific writer to take an interest in him, in order to push him. Hickman had a passing interest in Cap and Jamie, he's been able to carry that through in his Ultimates work and the led up to Secret Wars. But I guess with the creators left on Marvel's books for ALAD Marvel he's not on their radar. He's not a character who is ever-present, or just knocking about Avengers Tower or whatever. There has to be a reason for him to be used. A pitch.

I really wish that an established British creator would come in and pitch a Captain Britain project to Marvel. One featuring Brian. Because I can't help but think that it would have to be a Neil Gaiman or a Warren Ellis kind of tier of writer for Marvel to let them do it. To let them run with it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    And I guess that is always going to be the problem for Brian. Captain Britain is the kind of character who really needs a specific writer to take an interest in him, in order to push him. Hickman had a passing interest in Cap and Jamie, he's been able to carry that through in his Ultimates work and the led up to Secret Wars. But I guess with the creators left on Marvel's books for ALAD Marvel he's not on their radar. He's not a character who is ever-present, or just knocking about Avengers Tower or whatever. There has to be a reason for him to be used. A pitch.

I really wish that an established British creator would come in and pitch a Captain Britain project to Marvel. One featuring Brian. Because I can't help but think that it would have to be a Neil Gaiman or a Warren Ellis kind of tier of writer for Marvel to let them do it. To let them run with it.
    It would be nice to see an Actual Sword of the Braddocks book with them as the main focus. Put Jamie, Betsy, Brian, and Megan in a family style book. They would be the British Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It would be nice to see an Actual Sword of the Braddocks book with them as the main focus. Put Jamie, Betsy, Brian, and Megan in a family style book. They would be the British Fantastic Four.
    That would be great. And perfect timing for next year's 40th anniversary. The only potential problem I could see would be in prising Betsy away from the X-Office for a while.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    That would be great. And perfect timing for next year's 40th anniversary. The only potential problem I could see would be in prising Betsy away from the X-Office for a while.
    Need to fix her character a little first. You know, she's all about the stab stab murder murder nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Need to fix her character a little first. You know, she's all about the stab stab murder murder nowadays.

I'm sure that a bit of a period of reflection could be engineered. Hell, even a House Arrest if it came to it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Both Captain Britain and Mighty Destroyer are in Lego Marvel's Avengers.
    image.jpg image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Both Captain Britain and Mighty Destroyer are in Lego Marvel's Avengers.
    image.jpg image.jpg
    That's awesome!

sweet! 10chars
    I surrender to the Contest

Marvel has an article on the site listing 'the COMPLETE guide' to ANAD Marvel, and Death's Head's not listed on there. Everything else they've announced is, even if it's dated as '2016' rather than October, November or December. So, no idea what's happened there.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Marvel has an article on the site listing 'the COMPLETE guide' to ANAD Marvel, and Death's Head's not listed on there. Everything else they've announced is, even if it's dated as '2016' rather than October, November or December. So, no idea what's happened there.
    Was the Citizen V (?) from Thunderbolts there, he was on the picture too. I wonder if the Deaths Head thing included Captain Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Me either. It's all gone very quiet on that front.

Frustrating.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Whilst digging through some of my old comic boxes I found a big poster of Alan Davis' cover of Excalibur #1, a signed one at that. I hadn't seen it for so long I completely forgot that I had it; I imagine my disillusionment with Claremont's run caused me to throw it in a box.

This lack of CB news is not as bad as those early Excalibur days when Brian's character was dragged through the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfiend View Post
    Was the Citizen V (?) from Thunderbolts there, he was on the picture too. I wonder if the Deaths Head thing included Captain Britain?
    no. It was the 70-odd titles announced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Whilst digging through some of my old comic boxes I found a big poster of Alan Davis' cover of Excalibur #1, a signed one at that. I hadn't seen it for so long I completely forgot that I had it; I imagine my disillusionment with Claremont's run caused me to throw it in a box.

This lack of CB news is not as bad as those early Excalibur days when Brian's character was dragged through the mud.

There's THAT I suppose.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

John Freeman has updated his Marvel UK : Genesis '92 article on Down The Tubes:

http://downthetubes.net/?page_id=10749

In this most recent update he's added two new projects to the Unpublished Projects section. One of which being an Abslom Dakk maxi series.
    It Came From Darkmoor...