Page 104 of 212 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3171

Default Secret Wars #7 (Captain Britain on the Cover)

Not sure if this is meant to be Brian or Jamie. Just glad to see the character is on the mind of somebody over at Marvel Comics. ( Just to the left of Thor )
    Last edited by Knightmare; 11-11-2015 at 04:59 PM.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

But do either of them feature in the book itself?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Jamie does!

All-New Member

He does indeed.

Web warriors has come out and looks like Spider UK has taken a leadership role. It looks like a fun book so my pick this one up even though the whole concept is, in my opinion, a takeover of the Captain Britain corps. As I said in the Spiderman forum, Marvel probably liked the concept, but not that it was led by Captain Britain, a B list character, by the looks of it, in the minds of those residing in the offices of Marvel.

All-New Member

Just saw the Weird World preview. It looks like Avalon. With this, Black Knight, and Web Warriors, anybody else think they are trying to wipe out Captain Britain and its mythos and use similar concepts they own all the rights too ? Maybw Captain Britain is grouped with the Xmen after all, it seems crazy they won't use him or any of the established lore.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Jamie does!
    Doesn't look his usual self though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfiend View Post
    Just saw the Weird World preview. It looks like Avalon. With this, Black Knight, and Web Warriors, anybody else think they are trying to wipe out Captain Britain and its mythos and use similar concepts they own all the rights too ? Maybw Captain Britain is grouped with the Xmen after all, it seems crazy they won't use him or any of the established lore.

There is no plausible reason why he should be. He debuted outside of the X-men (over a decade earlier than he appeared in an X-men book). Marvel Team-Up was his US debut, but that too was in no way connected to the X-Men.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    There is no plausible reason why he should be. He debuted outside of the X-men (over a decade earlier than he appeared in an X-men book). Marvel Team-Up was his US debut, but that too was in no way connected to the X-Men.
    I totally agree it looks like Marvel have stripped lots of elements of the Captain Britain Corps out and used freely within their other bigger titles.
    We've seen both Thor and Captain Marvel Corps and the Web Warriors. I think its quite sad to find this, as in my opinion, Marvel saw a great concept but didn't like the fact it was associated with a character they can't be bothered to run with.
    As a Brit Marvelite(!) I feel completely disenfranchised from current Marvel, having bought comics since 77, I find the latest output dull, formulaic and I feel a little angry that so many great British characters have just been ignored.
    Yep, I can see that Black Knight is back, but is it really the BK the fans want? Where is Faiza, what has happened to their relationship, what about MI:13? Obviously, I'm jumping ahead, and maybe this points will be addressed, but I hope it they will done sympathetically and not in current style....

While I was doing my weekly comic run. I saw something while looking around the store. It seems someone had been doing a clear out and had donated their comics' to the LCS to be sold. Even though I already have the issue as part of a collected edition, I am now the proud owner of a physical copy of CB#1.

img082.jpg

Wow! 1976. He's been around that long?

CB and Union Jack both debuted in 1976, within months of each other. ISTR Union Jack came first. Spitfire followed shortly after.
    I surrender to the Contest

Why does the cover say in full colour? Weren't comics back then in the UK in colour?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    While I was doing my weekly comic run. I saw something while looking around the store. It seems someone had been doing a clear out and had donated their comics' to the LCS to be sold. Even though I already have the issue as part of a collected edition, I am now the proud owner of a physical copy of CB#1.

img082.jpg
    Great find Danvidar. Congrats!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

img082.jpg
    What a fun issue! I used to have the full run. My issue even had the mask. I have the omni now though
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Why does the cover say in full colour? Weren't comics back then in the UK in colour?

Actually, no. Not back then. Most comics were printed in black and white. Even Marvel US reprints.
    It Came From Darkmoor...