Page 109 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3171
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Right. You know whats funny. The panel where wolverine shows up drunk. You get a nice side shot of the team. They used to draw Betsy Tall. her and Brian were the two tallest of the bunch. It's a great panel. Then somehow she shrunk, and he got BUFFED.. Lol.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Right. You know whats funny. The panel where wolverine shows up drunk. You get a nice side shot of the team. They used to draw Betsy Tall. her and Brian were the two tallest of the bunch. It's a great panel. Then somehow she shrunk, and he got BUFFED.. Lol.

Agreed. I'm not sure when it was that they started doing that. It might have been the body swap, but really Betsy WAS supposed to be tall. A former model. Certainly comparative scale to her twin.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

Since Psylocke is a distinctly American creation, yet Elizabeth Braddock is not, I still think Elizabeth is a possibility in a MCU series. She just would not be able to use the code name of Psylocke.
    I just found out Elizabeth Braddock is still owned by Marvel UK, on the basis of her, and her mother. Since her father is an otherworlder, The MCU version doesn't have to be a mutant, but part alien.
    Her mental abilities would come from that. Since STRIKE does exist in the MCU, perhaps she could be either STRIKE or MI:6 or MI:13

Just fanciful thinking. I hope one day we get some clarity. That way you could have the best of both worlds with FOX and the MCU, if not a movie, but a tv series focused on the Braddocks.
    British SCi-FI is awesome. I'd have faith it'd be done right.

I was thinking if the MCU ever did get to use Elizabeth Braddock, I think Kelly would make a perfect choice. I don't know her acting skills.
    But she does have the look and poise.
    I may do a photo manipulation one of these days of her as Betsy.

d_early_i.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Tazirai; 12-15-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Kelly Brook has the acting skills of a concussed weasel. She had a US TV series and it was cacncelled with shite ratings and her performances widely ridiculed.
    I surrender to the Contest

I think the central difficulty in casting the Braddock Twins is always going to be in casting two people who both have the physical look of the characters AND are believably the same age. Which is tougher than you might think.

It might be a little out of left field, but I've found myself wondering if perhaps somebody like Miranda Raison might not be a better choice for a British version of Betsy. Who was, after all, blonde originally. British viewers will probably know her best as Jo from Spooks. From a character POV I think she would be a good fit.

Last edited by The Sword is Drawn; 12-16-2015 at 02:22 AM.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BLACK KNIGHT #5
    FRANK TIERI (W) • LUCA PIZZARI (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    VARIANT COVER BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    • The Ebony Blade may be out of sight, but that doesn't mean it's out of mind! Can Dane live a life unaffected by the sword, or will fate step in?
    • Find out here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

OMG, Dane looks just like me after reading any comic featuring Remender's take on Captain Britain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Kelly Brook has the acting skills of a concussed weasel. She had a US TV series and it was cacncelled with shite ratings and her performances widely ridiculed.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I did not know this. I guess I got caught up in her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    OMG, Dane looks just like me after reading any comic featuring Remender's take on Captain Britain.
    ROTFLMAO!

Poor Dane looks like a rabid animal. Are they going to have to shoot him? I hope this is a case of "covers always lie"!

Dane needs Brian to come to his rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Dane needs Brian to come to his rescue.

And yet, somehow, I doubt we will see Brian show up on this series. That's not a slight on Tieri, though. I just don't think that would be where he would be aiming to take the story.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Brian got some small cameos in Ultimate End #5. I think it's 616 Brian and not Ultimate Jamie.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

I've actually seen Kelly Brook before without realizing who she was. She's an ok actress for B-movies and such. But yeah for an actual action adventure She'd need some coaching.

I've actually seen Kelly Brook before without realizing who she was. She's an ok actress for B-movies and such. But yeah for an actual action adventure She'd need some coaching.
    Yeah. It would be a bit of a big ask.

I don't dislike Kelly, at all. I'm just not sure she'd be a great fit here.

I suggest Miranda Raison more because she actually can do fight sequences and has played a Spy before. Both things which obviously are pretty central to Betsy, pre-X-Men. She also well-spoken and a very competent actress. Which helps.

Of course the challenge then would be to find somebody capable of playing Brian of a believable similar age.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

It's here !! The Avengers UK Story Book Annual !!
    101 pages of stories, pin-ups, puzzles, art, comic-strips and the long awaited RETURN of Avengers UK -- this is the Christmas present you've been waiting for !

Featuring: Captain Britain, Black Knight, Meggan, Night Raven, Knights of Pendragon, Defenders UK and the long awaited return of AVENGERS UK!
    Plus comics strips featuring Dark Guard, Killpower, Dark Angel, Spider-UK and lots more besides !!

All for FREE !! Click the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0c26eef31b

SBA_01.jpg
    Last edited by IzzY World; 12-21-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow