Page 11 of 212 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I kind of miss the armour, too.
    Oh Sword, you're so nineties...

Oh, hell no. She was a real life Spook. They're not all combat trained to fight. Betsy would have been primarily a non-combatant intelligence officer. I'm sure it could be more fully retconned if it was needed, but you're not wrong.
    The only relevant retroactive piece of continuity i recall is a flashback to her mission to infiltrate the Hellfire Club. Infiltrate, not fight. And Sage believed Betsy was out of her depth. But you are right, of course, retcons could be used to change that if needed. I, personally, would prefer they didn't!

All-New Member

So glad to see that this thread survived the revamp, With RW now concluded which threads / characters would you guys like to see picked up on and explored. I am curious to find out if Lieger was successful in finding his old team mates and seeing more of Motormouth, Cap Britian, Dai Thomas etc

Pre-Acts of Vengeance Betsy was awesome. I know it's down to personal taste but I would rather see British Spy Betsy than Scantily Clad Ninja Betsy any day of the week.
    This is the Betsy that I fell in love with. I loved the way she used her telepathy to manipulate a fight, rather than outright badassery. It was such an interesting (and obvious) use of her abilities in a world where telepaths are more likely "brain-blasting" or telekinetically smashing opponents. It's something she's rarely shown doing today, which is odd. You'd think a telepathic ninja spy would be more interested in stealth than smashing. Then again, I'm not a ninja, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    In honour of CB's first costume (btw, I actually have this very issue bagged and boxed away in the attic):

This is still my favorite CB costume. I can't even explain why I like it so much, but I far prefer it to anything that he's worn since. I also miss the mace.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    This is still my favorite CB costume. I can't even explain why I like it so much, but I far prefer it to anything that he's worn since. I also miss the mace.
    You're not alone I miss the lion

Quote Originally Posted by Telepathic Nightmare View Post
    So glad to see that this thread survived the revamp, With RW now concluded which threads / characters would you guys like to see picked up on and explored. I am curious to find out if Lieger was successful in finding his old team mates and seeing more of Motormouth, Cap Britian, Dai Thomas etc
    I would love to see more of Hauer as a SHIELD agent and of course more Cap Brit, Wisdom and Dai wouldn't be missed.

More Death's Head please. and Hauer: Agent of SHIELD.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Death's Head vs Deathlok

You would buy this book if you wish to stay Healthy, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Sure thing Mate. I came up with the design after watching Some He-man and She-ra episodes. I realized Psylocke would fit right in with that crowd, especially with her Otherworld Heritage and bloodline.
    So I came up with her being a Psionatrix (Like the mage Incantatrix), a Mage focused on the mind. I'm working on another image of her now, Riding a giant butterfly
    Nice one, cheers buddy! If you want us to use the Butterfly riding version just let me know. It won't be until next year mind. I have a story in mind to take the team to Otherworld and have a big crowd scene of many characters.

Hey guys, finally managed to find you. As I was reading through the pages, I was getting a wee bit worried as I didn't see either Willow or IzzY. Willow's back, hope IzzY will make an appearance soon.

Thanks Loki for getting us back on the grid. Now to sort out my avatar and post a few cool CB pics.
    Aaw thanks for the concern mate...I was away when all this happened...I tried to log on while I was on hols and couldn't....I started to freak out!

Cheers Loki for getting us back on track.

And as for IzzY...

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    And as if by MagiK ... heeeeres' IzzY !
    Yay!!!! Welcome back man...always promoting...good lad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    My eyes watered. I NEVER get watery-eyed over couples in comics.
    Until I read this. But now that you all have told me they reunite by the end of the series, I feel a bit better.
    I really loved the whole series....it brought me fully back into the comics fold...and lets be honest - what are we now? Five years since it finished? And we're still talking about it and it's finding new fans all the time. Marvel...please lets see it again!

You guys are the best.
    Aaaw thanks Cold Water, we love a bit of new blood on here...we're passionate about these characters and we have a reputation to uphold as the nicest thread on any forum!

Man this is my favorite panel so far.. loving the thought behind this, The reaction to Betsy and Jamie is spot on. I wish they did this for Psylocke..
    Thats all pure IzzY....he really sold Betsy as a real person. He made her what I'd always envisioned in my head.

That entire issue is GOLD.
    I loved it.
    The art is great and the writing is fantastic.
    Thank you Cold Water. I can't take any credit for the way it looks...IzzY just took my script and ran with it...every page I received was better than the last! Even the writing I can't say was all mine...he just kept coming to me with new ways of working an angle. I think the initial script was only about 19 pages!

Typically I don't like Promoting my own work, but I'll do it this one time. I did a fan fic of her never leaving her body, and going back into modeling, then I aged her and Brian up to 43. But Betsy has accepted her heritage from otherworld, I'll eventually have her become Lady Butterfly in my fan fictions.

If you'd like here's the fan fic I wrote with a bit of art behind it. Check it out if you'd like.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9994561...-things-change
    Woah thats brilliant! I'll be taking a look over that one! Thank you for sharing Tazirai!

This is awesome.. I love the process behind the art.
    He did knock out of the park didn't he?

Captain Britain and the Doctor.. I love Alan Davis!
    Love, love, LOVE this image. One of my faves....we will get the Doc into AUK eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Really lovely work, guys!
    Cheers Panic me old mate!

Pre-Acts of Vengeance Betsy was awesome. I know it's down to personal taste but I would rather see British Spy Betsy than Scantily Clad Ninja Betsy any day of the week.
    Too right. I would like to see some more stories about her time with STRIKE.

Loved the armour she made for her time in the X-Men too...and it actually had a real world application!

Quote Originally Posted by Telepathic Nightmare View Post
    I think I'd like to see CB and Motormouth back in regular action and lots more Death's Head. A return of the Knights of Pendragon would get my vote....maybe with a more fluid cast than the second volume...something more akin to the original.

You're not alone I miss the lion
    I've warmed to it more and more over the years. I first encountered Brian in that uniform but it was the Davis Default that has always been my favourite, but I'm starting to gain a greater appreciation for the original.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I see Betsy referred to as a spy a fair amount on-line, but from what we actually saw of her and the psi-divison in the Captain Britain strip they seemingly were not trained in fieldwork but in intelligence gathering and research. I don't know whether this has been retconned since then but I just thought I'd point it out. I know that most spies aren't kill-trained James Bond assassin-types, but when people mention Betsy being a spy I tend to think they equate that with being a badass hand-to-hand killer, and I don't think that was the case at all.
    Yeah they tried to retcon her into being an undercover spy type bad ass, there's even a panel out there with he in combat fatigues, and doing high kicks and crap. Problem with that is her ENTIRE characterization in Captain Britain and Uncanny X-men said she was pretty shitty at fighting, and none too tough. Where Brian got the muscle, she got the spirit and willpower. She's resilient and determined. That's why she got the armour later on, to keep pace with the other X-men, who not only had more experience individually, but were overall tougher. When I read those issues, if they were a deadly Psi-team, they could have taken Slaymaster with no loses. But they got splatted pretty easily. So yeah, definitely more on the Remote Viewing, research side of things.
    When I tell people I'm ex-military, they're like "ohhhhh, so bad ass." I'm like I worked in a control tower....

Oh, hell no. She was a real life Spook. They're not all combat trained to fight. Betsy would have been primarily a non-combatant intelligence officer. I'm sure it could be more fully retconned if it was needed, but you're not wrong.
    Excatly...They try to retcon it, but luckily there's only ever been that one Hellfire club encounter they tried to add to her history. But most people ignore it. Same here.

BANNED

I kind of miss the armour, too.
    Lol I DEFINITELY miss it. Wich is why she still uses it in my fan fictions. lol!

Same here. It fit with her and Brian being from England and all that Otherworld/Avalon stuff.
    I can deal with Nu-locke. But I wish the brother and sister shared a title. Bring back Kwannon, put the bodies back, and put the siblings back together. Have the UK opened wider. Bring in other teams, and groups. Angel could be liek their Batgirl, Mystic/Info broker type. The Braddocks should be back together.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 05-06-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post

Aaw thanks for the concern mate...I was away when all this happened...I tried to log on while I was on hols and couldn't....I started to freak out!
    Yeah, I was in the same boat. Away for a long weekend with the missus and the kids. I had my smartphone with me and tried logging in numerous times but to no avail, until I realised I had to re-register. We finally made it back, eh?

Yeah, I was in the same boat. Away for a long weekend with the missus and the kids. I had my smartphone with me and tried logging in numerous times but to no avail, until I realised I had to re-register. We finally made it back, eh?

LOL - really appropriate picture !!
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

All-New Member

As a keen fan of CB I've been following your thread - well, the previous one - for a year or so. Now with the revamp I thought I might as well join up. Keep up with all the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    As a keen fan of CB I've been following your thread - well, the previous one - for a year or so. Now with the revamp I thought I might as well join up. Keep up with all the news.
    Welcome aboard Mor, the mor the merrier