Page 110 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I think the central difficulty in casting the Braddock Twins is always going to be in casting two people who both have the physical look of the characters AND are believably the same age. Which is tougher than you might think.

It might be a little out of left field, but I've found myself wondering if perhaps somebody like Miranda Raison might not be a better choice for a British version of Betsy. Who was, after all, blonde originally. British viewers will probably know her best as Jo from Spooks. From a character POV I think she would be a good fit.
    If I can pitch my casting choices whilst simultaneously saying, “How do!” to everyone who contributes to this thread, I’d go for Keira Knightley as Betsy. Whilst she might seem an unoriginal and “obvious” choice she has a lot going for her. Firstly, she has profile in the U.S. thanks to Love Actually, Pirates of the Caribbean etc. Secondly, she’s shown she can do kick – bottom in the POTC films, King Arthur and Domino. Thirdly, she’s now generally recognised as a credible and talented actress, as well as having the looks and voice that would suit Caucasian Betsy to a tee. And lastly, but by no means leastly, she’s the exact same age as the guy who I think should be front runner to play her twin brother. Because after years of struggling to imagine who could play him (Sam Claflin’s too short, Noah Huntley’s too old), I have seen the face of Brian Braddock, and the name attached to that face is James Norton.

James-Norton4.jpg

If you’re not from the U.K. you may be saying “Who’s James Norton?” If you are from the U.K. you may have caught his standout performance as Tommy Lee Royce in Happy Valley, a series that holds a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes; or you may have seen him playing Rev. Sidney Chambers in Grantchester – two roles that couldn’t be further apart in nature, and which nicely demonstrate his widely recognised acting range. He’s due to appear in the BBC’s new adaptation of War and Peace in the New Year as Prince Andrei, a part which I think is going to raise his profile significantly Stateside; he’s got the build which I think would translate to a realistic (as opposed to comics – accurate) depiction of Brian onscreen, and at 6’1” he’s smack bang between Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth heightwise, which seems about right for Captain Britain.

All of which makes me sound like I’m James Norton’s agent. I’m not, I just think he’d be a great choice for the role, and I’m just chuffed that I can finally visualise a real actor in the part, even though I know it’s unlikely to happen. I’d also nominate Emma Rigby as Meggan and Natalie Dormer as Saturnyne/Sat Yr 9/Courtney Ross. Still stuck on Wisdom, though. Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
    Last edited by Mad Psientist; 12-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

nah, if Natalie Dormer's to be reused in the MCU, she should be Dark Angel

I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post

Nah, other hairstyles are available:

imagesPLSIDF0D.jpg

Natalie+Dormer+VY3Qka8hSGKm.jpg

natalie-dormer-yahoo-style-feature.jpg

'sides, Shevaun's a redhead. If any Game of Thrones alumni are being considered, Rose Leslie should be top of the list.
    Last edited by Mad Psientist; 12-22-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Rose Leslie:

untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Psientist View Post
    All of which makes me sound like I’m James Norton’s agent. I’m not, I just think he’d be a great choice for the role, and I’m just chuffed that I can finally visualise a real actor in the part, even though I know it’s unlikely to happen. I’d also nominate Emma Rigby as Meggan and Natalie Dormer as Saturnyne/Sat Yr 9/Courtney Ross. Still stuck on Wisdom, though. Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
    I totally agree with James Norton, everytime I see him I think he would be a good Brian. He seems to be everywhere on TV but no-one seems to know him. I like the Meggan cast, Lara Pulver as Saturnyne perhaps?
    I always pictured Natalie Dormer as Spitfire .
    Completely out of the blue Matthew Bayton as Wisdom, if he can pull off the snarkiness that is. Tom Riley, Damien molony and Aiden Turner are also in my list for Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post

When i drew Dark Angel i used the singer Shirley Manson (from the band Garbage) as my muse....

RWA_SB_04.jpg

RWA_SB_05.jpg

she has done some acting in the Sarah Connor Chronicles (Terminator) series

and here in this video for Garbage's Bond track where she looks the part! : https://youtu.be/8C5NLfYdZaE
    Last edited by IzzY World; 12-22-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    It's here !! The Avengers UK Story Book Annual !!
    101 pages of stories, pin-ups, puzzles, art, comic-strips and the long awaited RETURN of Avengers UK -- this is the Christmas present you've been waiting for !

Featuring: Captain Britain, Black Knight, Meggan, Night Raven, Knights of Pendragon, Defenders UK and the long awaited return of AVENGERS UK!
    Plus comics strips featuring Dark Guard, Killpower, Dark Angel, Spider-UK and lots more besides !!

All for FREE !! Click the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0c26eef31b

Attachment 30319
    This looks great IzzY. I checked some of the pages out. Fantastic work!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year fellow UK Marvelites!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    It's here !! The Avengers UK Story Book Annual !!
    101 pages of stories, pin-ups, puzzles, art, comic-strips and the long awaited RETURN of Avengers UK -- this is the Christmas present you've been waiting for !

Featuring: Captain Britain, Black Knight, Meggan, Night Raven, Knights of Pendragon, Defenders UK and the long awaited return of AVENGERS UK!
    Plus comics strips featuring Dark Guard, Killpower, Dark Angel, Spider-UK and lots more besides !!

All for FREE !! Click the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0c26eef31b

Attachment 30319
    Awesome mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Psientist View Post
    If I can pitch my casting choices whilst simultaneously saying, “How do!” to everyone who contributes to this thread, I’d go for Keira Knightley as Betsy. Whilst she might seem an unoriginal and “obvious” choice she has a lot going for her. Firstly, she has profile in the U.S. thanks to Love Actually, Pirates of the Caribbean etc. Secondly, she’s shown she can do kick – bottom in the POTC films, King Arthur and Domino. Thirdly, she’s now generally recognised as a credible and talented actress, as well as having the looks and voice that would suit Caucasian Betsy to a tee. And lastly, but by no means leastly, she’s the exact same age as the guy who I think should be front runner to play her twin brother. Because after years of struggling to imagine who could play him (Sam Claflin’s too short, Noah Huntley’s too old), I have seen the face of Brian Braddock, and the name attached to that face is James Norton.

James-Norton4.jpg

If you’re not from the U.K. you may be saying “Who’s James Norton?” If you are from the U.K. you may have caught his standout performance as Tommy Lee Royce in Happy Valley, a series that holds a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes; or you may have seen him playing Rev. Sidney Chambers in Grantchester – two roles that couldn’t be further apart in nature, and which nicely demonstrate his widely recognised acting range. He’s due to appear in the BBC’s new adaptation of War and Peace in the New Year as Prince Andrei, a part which I think is going to raise his profile significantly Stateside; he’s got the build which I think would translate to a realistic (as opposed to comics – accurate) depiction of Brian onscreen, and at 6’1” he’s smack bang between Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth heightwise, which seems about right for Captain Britain.

for me, still has to be Sam Claflin... i may have suggested this before and he's basically the same height as Chris Evans
    also he's married to Laura Haddock who could easily play Meggan!

877c5a1c10819a57df608ade6bc5c792.jpg

28fd5b6e356a964c70823f1f3c3bc354.jpg

Sam-Claflin-plays-Finnick-former-Hunger-Games-victor-competing.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This looks great IzzY. I checked some of the pages out. Fantastic work!
    Cheers mate ! Hope you enjoy it ! To tell u the truth I've not even read the whole thing there's so much in it !
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Thanks Tazirai ! :-)

It's a Christmas miracle! You don't see Marvel UK referenced much outside the comic world.

Belated Merry Christmas Everyone!

^Ha, cool!

A belated merry Christmas from me as well.

Lego Marvel Avengers achievement lists Spitfire, Captain Britain and Union Jack are in the game.
    LEGO Marvel's Avengers - New Screenshots And Characters Revealed - YouTube - Google Chrome 28_12.jpg