Page 13 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    So when I was reading Excalibur like a month ago I freaked out because they visited Brighton (My hometown!) it's so rare to see stuff like that acknowledged in pop culture for me.
    That's how I felt with Hell Comes to Birmingham. Though I am a brummie born, and most of my family live there, I have lived in Wolverhampton for most of my life so I consider myself a wulfrunian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    In my 20+ years as a comic reader I've never followed Spider-Man much, but just now do I find out that he roomed with Braddock back in college?

Man... goes to show that no matter how much I think I know about this stuff there's always so much to catch up on.
    I've managed to track down ALL of Captain Britains older stories, plus the Excalibur runs. The Marvel UK stories and many of their characters,especially Genetix, and Knights of Pendragon were awesome. They were heroes, but they didn't always win, and often got their asses handed to them, then managed to unite and overcome their goals. Loved the humor and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    As a keen fan of CB I've been following your thread - well, the previous one - for a year or so. Now with the revamp I thought I might as well join up. Keep up with all the news.
    Hello Mor! Good to have you on board!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I really enjoyed Captain Britain & MI-13 and have always had an interest in the character, but I found Revolutionary War somewhat disjointed and hard to follow. What are some great CB stories I can check out either available on Amazon or Marvel Digital?
    Well Marvel Digital is limited. The best CB stuff for me was produced under the era of Alan Moore/Alan Davis/Jamie Delano. Depending on where you are in the world your options are either the Panini trades which are fairly cheap or the Marvel Omnibus which is sadly out of print and going for your first borns soul on Amazon currently.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    So when I was reading Excalibur like a month ago I freaked out because they visited Brighton (My hometown!) it's so rare to see stuff like that acknowledged in pop culture for me.
    Love it when that happens. One of the reasons I was always a big Doctor Who fan was because it was fantastical but in places I recognised.

I've yet to see superheroes in my town....guess I'll just have to create myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    So marvel is asking for fans to send in the best marvel stories of the last 75 years.
    What is the best marvel Uk issue ever?

Link to an article about it
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/07...rsary-omnibus/
    For me.....nothing compares to Captain Britain Monthly issue 13 and the story ''It's Hard To Be A Hero''

Brutal. Chilling. Beautiful. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    In my 20+ years as a comic reader I've never followed Spider-Man much, but just now do I find out that he roomed with Braddock back in college?

Man... goes to show that no matter how much I think I know about this stuff there's always so much to catch up on.
    Hahaha I know! 30 years plus for me and still learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I think today is going to be a CB reading day for me.
    I get CB read urges. And it has to be taken care of.
    I'll get scans of whatever I read and share them.
    Yes!! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    That's how I felt with Hell Comes to Birmingham. Though I am a brummie born, and most of my family live there, I have lived in Wolverhampton for most of my life so I consider myself a wulfrunian.
    Wulfrunian? Careful there........if Marvel find out they'll have you on six different teams to cover a certain someone whilst they're on 'Death Duty'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I've managed to track down ALL of Captain Britains older stories, plus the Excalibur runs. The Marvel UK stories and many of their characters,especially Genetix, and Knights of Pendragon were awesome. They were heroes, but they didn't always win, and often got their asses handed to them, then managed to unite and overcome their goals. Loved the humor and everything.
    The 'Knights' vol one truly was one of the greatest series Marvel ever created. The cliffhanger to issue 5 has to be one of my favourite CB moments of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    I live not all that far from you then, Danvidar. Heath Hayes, Cannock. So Hell Comes to Birmingham was nice to see. Heck anywhere outside London in UK story makes a change!

Captain Buzzkill reporting in!

flippin 'eck!, what happened?
    I go to Orlando for a week, and everything changes!
    glad it's back up and running.

speaking of Orlando, no sign of Captain Britain at Universal studios, but at the Captain America Café,
    there was this huge bit of art on the ceiling

DSC_3495.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RichyBlackBass View Post
    I live not all that far from you then, Danvidar. Heath Hayes, Cannock. So Hell Comes to Birmingham was nice to see. Heck anywhere outside London in UK story makes a change!
    Learn something new everyday! What a coincedence, some of my late dad's family came from there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The winning stories will appear in an Omnibus. Wouldn't it be great if a CB story got in there? Maybe we should rally together and vote for the same story or two in order to give CB a fighting chance?
    Tea and Sympathy from Mighty World of Marvel #15. Apart from anything else, it really shows Brian's true nature. Not the buffoon early issues of Excalibur sometimes made him out to be (to be fair, those early issues also showed a better, more reflective, introspective and caring side of Brian, but many readers missed those more subtle sides, and just remember the negative depiction to this day). Tea and Sympathy showed Brian's human side, a man trying hard to live up to a role thrust upon him, one he often felt overwhelmed by but which he was doing his best to live up to.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hey guys, I have a little question I hope some of you guys in the know might be able answer.

We know from Avengers Arena/Infinity: The Hunt the identities of some of the students at Braddock Academy. Obviously those guys don't make up the whole student body. So, are there any other UK kids out there in Limbo that might feasibly be a part of it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Hey guys, I have a little question I hope some of you guys in the know might be able answer.

We know from Avengers Arena/Infinity: The Hunt the identities of some of the students at Braddock Academy. Obviously those guys don't make up the whole student body. So, are there any other UK kids out there in Limbo that might feasibly be a part of it?
    Not sure. I do hope they focus on the Braddock Academy for a mini or something. I'd love to see that. After Xforce have Psylocke be the Emma frost to the school, like she shoulda been.

Only person in England with true hard on against Heroes was Dai Thomas, but even he gave that up. So it would be nice to see that.

I read CB #4 and #5 today.
    I only have three pics, though, because I have absolutely NO distractions until I sit down to read.

The first two are from #4.

<3

And this one is from #5, last page. I wanted to get the one page of him in the lab area figuring out how to track down Hurricane, but it's hard to get an entire page.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Fantastic Member

The pyrokinetic mutant Bridgit Shane from Excalibur #93. Alchemy from X-Factor and Excalibur - possibly a touch old now to be a student, but not too far outside the age range. The child of Death Metal and Krista Marwan (Death's Head's nephew or niece, kind of!), arguably should only be a toddler given Marvel's slowed timeline, but given the unusual heritage he/she(/it?) might have grown up fast. The members of Genetix were late teens when we met them and so might still be debatably young enough to be students, though it might be tough convincing them they need to go to school. If any Warpies somehow evaded being rounded up by Black Air, and so didn't subsequently end up in Otherworld to get depowered, then they'd be the right ages to attend school.

Quote Originally Posted by RichyBlackBass View Post
    Totally agree, I'm not sure if anyone outside the UK even knows there are places other than London.
    I unfortunately missed the journey into mystery Manchester gods comics which referred to a portal near the Bristol suspension bridge. I have yet to find it.

This is my speciality. I think magic Boots Mel and Killraven from the Wisdom Max series should be there along with Liam Connaughton, Alchemy, crimson crusader, imp, Cam McClellan and Micromax's niece (MinnieMax?). I would have Martin and Jenny Leigh (son and daughter of Lionheart) go to school there as well as an earth 616 version of J2. Maybe a new generation of Warpies?
    Teachers wise I would have Lionheart and Albion on the staff as they are actual teachers (take that avengers academy and jean grey school!). I would like to see Psylocke, Alison Double, Toad, Rachel and Chamber join Braddock Academy as teachers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Totally agree, I'm not sure if anyone outside the UK even knows there are places other than London.
    I unfortunately missed the journey into mystery Manchester gods comics which referred to a portal near the Bristol suspension bridge. I have yet to find it.
    I'm not from Britain, But i've been there several times. Leeds City is my favorite place actually. Pretty much all the small towns i've been to, I've used in Stories for my OC's, and my Psylocke fan fiction. I was stationed at a RAF base near Brighton before and loved the coastal setting. Nothing like Sea Air. Beccles is another town I used in my stories. I served with a RAF Tower controller from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm not from Britain, But i've been there several times. Leeds City is my favorite place actually. Pretty much all the small towns i've been to, I've used in Stories for my OC's, and my Psylocke fan fiction. I was stationed at a RAF base near Brighton before and loved the coastal setting. Nothing like Sea Air. Beccles is another town I used in my stories. I served with a RAF Tower controller from there.
    Perhaps I should have written some people outside the uk may not know there are other places than London. Leeds? Really? I'm disappointed although I can't really say much as I have not been around the UK much.
    Last edited by Demon Bowler; 05-08-2014 at 03:10 PM.