Page 134 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3171

maybe that's why he hates Captain Britain. He's jealous.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    So... how do we all feel about the recent Tony Stark revelation that he is spoilers:
    half British, through his biological mother
    end of spoilers?
    hasn't been confirmed, yet. Stark is being led somewhere. might be his... might be a ruse.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hasn't been confirmed, yet. Stark is being led somewhere. might be his... might be a ruse.

Could still be. We'll have to wait and see.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Just thought I'd give you a heads up regarding a new book out from the Avengers UK team. For all you Black Knight fans who were disappointed that the official Marvel series was cancelled you are going to LOVE what we have in store ! With stunning art by Alan Green (who draws our Knights of Pendragon series) - it's also in full colour.
    We also have variant covers (one by me ) a cosplay variant and some fun action figure pix.
    Alan has also penned and drawn an amazing black & white Mi:13 story featuring Pete Wisdom plus we have a Digitek story !
    It's due out very soon and i'll give you a heads up on a date when I get that confirmed.
    Like all our Avengers UK comics it's totally FREE via the Avengers UK Facebook page! (See my signature for the link)

FB_IMG_1470608921397.jpg
    Last edited by IzzY World; 08-08-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Just thought I'd give you a heads up regarding a new book out from the Avengers UK team. For all you Black Knight fans who were disappointed that the official Marvel series was cancelled you are going to LOVE what we have in store ! With stunning art by Alan Green (who draws our Knights of Pendragon series) - it's also in full colour.
    We also have variant covers (one by me ) a cosplay variant and some fun action figure pix.
    Alan has also penned and drawn an amazing black & white Mi:13 story featuring Pete Wisdom plus we have a Digitek story !
    It's due out very soon and i'll give you a heads up on a date when I get that confirmed.
    Like all our Avengers UK comics it's totally FREE via the Avengers UK Facebook page! (See my signature for the link)

FB_IMG_1470608921397.jpg
    Awesome. Thanks!

Night raven collection up on amazon.com and amazon Canada

I was looking over solicitations and this caught my eye:

Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn

A legendary new X-team is born! Meet the United Kingdom's champion, Captain Britain, and his paramour, the metamorphic Meggan! They'll band together with former X-Men Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde when Gatecrasher and her Technet target Rachel "Phoenix" Summers! Fighting to uphold Xavier's dream, UK style, the five heroes form Excalibur! From their lighthouse base, they'll tackle the ferocious Warwolves, the unstoppable Juggernaut and Mojo mayhem! Things get wild with Arcade, the Crazy Gang and the X-Babies, and really heat up as Excalibur is drawn across the Atlantic to an Inferno raging in New York!

COLLECTING: VOL. 1: CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) 1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) 1-11, SPECIAL EDITION, MOJO MAYHEM; MATERIAL FROM MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL 7, 14-15; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 31-38
    It got me wondering; do you think there's any way I could persuade Marvel that Mojo and the X-babies should never again appear in any comic ever? Mt heart just sinks when I see those names!

Exciting news from 'Comic Book Resources' - 'Merlin' is included in the forthcoming series 'Doctor Strange & The Sorcerers Supreme' this October !
    Written by Robbie Thompson with art by Javier Rodriguez - "Doctor Strange & the Sorcerers Supreme," series spans time and space!
    Thompson says " What you'll discover in the first issue is that something big and nasty was unleashed by the events that we've seen unfold in Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo's "Doctor Strange." That entity falls on Merlin's radar, and once he sees how devastating it can be, he assembles the team."

Hey ! The Avengers UK 'Reverse Curse' is in effect - Sounds a tad like Defenders UK'S subplot revealed in DUK #3 on my page!
    Anyhoo....

This is an 'entry level' book aimed at readers hot off the Doctor Strange movie - what will this mean for the connections to Otherworld and the Captain Britain characters linked to Merlin ?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...cerers-supreme

Merlyn-profile-00-495c6.jpg

FB_IMG_1471938808140.jpg
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

I had a horrible thought earlier, about that Death's Head pic on that comic-con slide from back last year. What if it wasn't teasing a solo for him, merely his appearance in X-Men '92?
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I had a horrible thought earlier, about that Death's Head pic on that comic-con slide from back last year. What if it wasn't teasing a solo for him, merely his appearance in X-Men '92?
    All of the teasers on that slide were for new books, they wouldn't have teased a guest appearance in a single issue that far away--especially when it wouldn't have even been planned yet. Given Marvel's trademarking of his name a couple months ago, it was definitely for a new book--just one that got delayed for whatever reason.

My horrible thought: what if they re-trademarked the name because they intend doing something with Paxton Page in Daredevil series 3, and our DH therefore becomes a confusing hindrance?

All-New Member

Slightly off topic, but still British comic characters related. I think this is great news!!!!
    http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/20...y-egmonts.html

Gratuitous plug alert!!
    As all good Assemblers are aware this October marks our good Captain's 40th birthday (and not a grey hair in sight)!!
    Marvel may seem to be content in letting this milestone slip by unmarked but here at AUK HQ we've been hard at work making sure that Brian's birthday bash is celebrated in style as it deserves to be.
    What do we have in store? Well, on October 16th we will unveil our tribute to the good Captain for all to see and it will be a feast of all things Braddock!
    In the meanwhile, check out the issues amazing logo by our very own IzzY World! Perfectly recreated and expanded from scratch by Izzy's own hand (not the one holding the wine), this fabulous logo is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to what we have in store for you next month.

Spread the word, we'd love to see you all at the celebrations

FB_IMG_1472855435587.jpg

Posted by Get My Comics this is Death's Head's appearance in "X-Men '92" issue #6 - available now - via this link on their page:-
    http://www.getmycomics.com/this-mont...-men-92-6.html

Also, the creators of Death's Head (Simon Furman and Geoff Senior) have a new digital comic launching on September 10th called "To The Death" go to the Get My Comics Facebook page for further news soon !!
    The new series 'To The Death' is not anything to do with Death's Head btw.

Don't forget Death's Head is in the current issue of Avengers UK - free on our page!

FB_IMG_1472855810748.jpg
    Last edited by IzzY World; 09-05-2016 at 09:32 AM.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

For those of you in the UK both Death's Head creators - Simon Furman and Geoff Senior - will be attending ICE (International Comics Expo) in Birmingham, next weekend (Saturday 10th September).

It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn