Page 137 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3171

I'm 38. I was well entrenched in reading Transformers by then. I started at #49, missed #50 and carried on from #51. I've since bought second hand copies of #45-#50 so I have the whole of Dinobot Hunt. I've got #45 through to #300-odd when I stopped, minus #150 which I missed as a kid due to local paper shop fail and the collection I bought issues from to fill my gaps and replace a few really tatty ones was also missing it...
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I'm 38. I was well entrenched in reading Transformers by then. I started at #49, missed #50 and carried on from #51. I've since bought second hand copies of #45-#50 so I have the whole of Dinobot Hunt. I've got #45 through to #300-odd when I stopped, minus #150 which I missed as a kid due to local paper shop fail and the collection I bought issues from to fill my gaps and replace a few really tatty ones was also missing it...
    I'm a little jealous of that. Being the age I was, the Dinobots were the be-all end-all. I still remember the great imagery used that really captured the imagination.

250px-Transformers_annual_1987_Dinobots_poster.jpg

Finally, a Captain Britain appearance, sort of...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/...variant-cover/

They got the uniform's colours right. Apart from the chin.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Well, it's finally here - our Captain Britain 40th Anniversary issue - it's been a long time coming (not 40 years but it's felt that long!) but I hope you agree it's been worth the wait.

We (the Avengers UK Bullpen) realised some time ago that this year would be Captain Britain's Anniversary year and were hoping Marvel themselves would step up and do something but the likelihood of that soon faded.
    So we thought it would be up to us, THE FANS , to light the candles on his proverbial cake and give Mr Brian Braddock the celebration he deserved.

The amount of talent I have had the pleasure to witness in it's creation is astounding - writers, illustrators, poets, digital artists, and cartoonists from not just the UK but as from around the globe - professionals, amateurs and newcomers -Everyone has put 110% toward making this a special issue and it's FREE - so let's get the party started...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f3ca91eec2

Attachment 40846
    Late to the party, but WOW! This was great! Well done!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

direct link to order the Al Ewing signed version. It's only £5 inc. postage.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/211393-n...ngdom-variant/
    I surrender to the Contest

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It's also the most pre-ordered "state" variant:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Here's a bigger image of our main man:

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Late to the party, but WOW! This was great! Well done!
    thanks!! feel free to leave feedback on the pages on the website
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Probably because the UK is bigger than a decent number of states - so is Canada, hence why that's in third. Would be interesting to see how these pre-order numbers compare to population numbers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

The Ohio one features Black Knight!
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

I hate to be 'that guy' (because I usually can't stand that guy) but when a character you don't even publish anymore, who you've said that you have no publishing plans for, and isn't even representing a State but another Country, something's not right here.

I've become deeply perplexed by Marvel this year. Since the end of Secret War I've been dropping more and more Marvel titles. To the point that for the last two months I've stopped buying Marvel's output entirely.

For the first time since roughly 2003 I am now no longer a regular Marvel reader.

And I could argue that it's to help cut my monthly costs (next year is likely to hit us Brits hard if Brexit does get through Parliament) but to be honest my deeper reason was far more simple.

I was still buying books, but not really enjoying them.

When you realise that the books you buy each week from a certain publisher are on the lowest priority point for reading, month after month, there comes a time when you've got to make a call.

So I did.

The disconnect I have with Marvel has now run pretty deep. The creators I follow the most aren't really working with them any more. Post-Secret Wars I feel that the Universe as whole just doesn't hang together as well as a Shared Universe. And the characters I've followed for years are no longer being published in 616 continuity titles.

Hell, Marvel don't even want us to call it 616 any more.

So for now, I've voted with my wallet. It makes me sad because I love Marvel's Universe of characters. But right now it just frustrates me more to see it not being used to the best of its potential.

Not at all.

The big Event stories have finally become too derivative of previous big Event stories. It seems like every major character is having their hero identity taken from them and given to somebody else. And that too seems a bit too derivative to me.

Give characters their own unique Identities and hero names. It's important. Don't let them just be remembered as a variant of existing character, because we know how that tends to end up. Don't let them head into comics history remembered as another 'Black Goliath'.

I returned to Marvel comics in the early 2000s to find a relatively well-curated, clear directioned, universe. It hooked me back in. Post-Secret Wars I don't see that.

While in other media it seems that Marvel have their brand identity so strongly together the actual comic books are far more disparate. It's such a mixed bag of disconnected, temporary things. And as a result it's disconnected with me.

I don't know how long it'll last. You guys know me. If they launched a Captain Britain, Death's Head or MI13/Excalibur book next week I'd not think twice about picking it up. But for now me and Marvel just don't see eye to eye.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy' (because I usually can't stand that guy) but when a character you don't even publish anymore, who you've said that you have no publishing plans for, and isn't even representing a State but another Country, something's not right here.

I've become deeply perplexed by Marvel this year. Since the end of Secret War I've been dropping more and more Marvel titles. To the point that for the last two months I've stopped buying Marvel's output entirely.

For the first time since roughly 2003 I am now no longer a regular Marvel reader.

And I could argue that it's to help cut my monthly costs (next year is likely to hit us Brits hard if Brexit does get through Parliament) but to be honest my deeper reason was far more simple.

I was still buying books, but not really enjoying them.

When you realise that the books you buy each week from a certain publisher are on the lowest priority point for reading, month after month, there comes a time when you've got to make a call.

So I did.

The disconnect I have with Marvel has now run pretty deep. The creators I follow the most aren't really working with them any more. Post-Secret Wars I feel that the Universe as whole just doesn't hang together as well as a Shared Universe. And the characters I've followed for years are no longer being published in 616 continuity titles.

Hell, Marvel don't even want us to call it 616 any more.

So for now, I've voted with my wallet. It makes me sad because I love Marvel's Universe of characters. But right now it just frustrates me more to see it not being used to the best of its potential.

Not at all.

The big Event stories have finally become too derivative of previous big Event stories. It seems like every major character is having their hero identity taken from them and given to somebody else. And that too seems a bit too derivative to me.

Give characters their own unique Identities and hero names. It's important. Don't let them just be remembered as a variant of existing character, because we know how that tends to end up. Don't let them head into comics history remembered as another 'Black Goliath'.

I returned to Marvel comics in the early 2000s to find a relatively well-curated, clear directioned, universe. It hooked me back in. Post-Secret Wars I don't see that.

While in other media it seems that Marvel have their brand identity so strongly together the actual comic books are far more disparate. It's such a mixed bag of disconnected, temporary things. And as a result it's disconnected with me.

I don't know how long it'll last. You guys know me. If they launched a Captain Britain, Death's Head or MI13/Excalibur book next week I'd not think twice about picking it up. But for now me and Marvel just don't see eye to eye.
    I know what you mean. I have been buying mostly Image titles and some Independents lately. I get the Dr. Strange titles hoping that he will go to Weirdworld to partner with the Black Knight but I know that is a longshot. Hopefully, since CB and BK got on the USAvengers covers it will lead to something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Hopefully, since CB and BK got on the USAvengers covers it will lead to something.
    I wouldn't read anything more into that than they fitted the bill for their relevant covers.