Page 138 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3171

Yeah, who else would've gone on a UK cover? Captain Britain was the obvious choice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, who else would've gone on a UK cover? Captain Britain was the obvious choice.
    Technically speaking Lionheart, Blade or Spider-Woman could all have gone on a UK cover. But yes, Captain Britain was the obvious (and best) option.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wouldn't read anything more into that than they fitted the bill for their relevant covers.

Exactly. Variant covers never really have to have any direct connection to the product.

Who can forget the 'Wolverine Art Appreciation' variants of a few years back?

I merely *wish* that I could forget those.

The whole notion of a British cover for a series which is practically advertising itself as 'America! **** YEAvengers' does seem a little odd though, even still.
    Last edited by The Sword is Drawn; 11-21-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

well, they're doing a Canadian one too, don't forget. Canadains are hardly likely to entirely appreciate being lumped in with American Avengers, F YEAH! either.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    well, they're doing a Canadian one too, don't forget. Canadains are hardly likely to entirely appreciate being lumped in with American Avengers, F YEAH! either.

They really won't. No.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

the solicits for February include an Excalibur HC with reprints of the first 11 issues and material from Marvel Team-Up and CB's solo comic.
    I surrender to the Contest

There was Night Raven listed as well.

NIGHT RAVEN: FROM THE MARVEL UK VAULTS TPB
    Written by STEVE PARKHOUSE, ALAN MOORE & MORE
    Penciled by DAVID LLOYD, JOHN BOLTON & MORE
    Cover by DAVID LLOYD
    Who is Night Raven? Find out in this complete collection of classic tales from the Marvel UK archives! Join the mysterious masked vigilante in his pulp-era war on crime as this lone man of justice stealthily stalks his villainous prey on the streets of New York City — and brands criminals with the mark of the deadly Night Raven! Follow this dark avenger into battle with mob bosses, murderers and miscreants like the Taxman, the Assassin, Dragonfire and more — in rarely seen stories by some of Marvel UK’s finest talents, including David Lloyd (V for Vendetta)! Where brooding darkness spreads its evil wings, the Night Raven stings!
    280 PGS./Parental Advisory …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90462-3

EXCALIBUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE SWORD IS DRAWN TPB
    Volume #1 in the Excalibur Epic Collections
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, ALAN DAVIS, MICHAEL HIGGINS & MORE
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE, ALAN DAVIS, RON LIM, MARSHALL ROGERS,
    ARTHUR ADAMS & ERIK LARSEN
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    A legendary team is born! Meet the United Kingdom’s champion, Captain Britain, and his paramour, the metamorphic Meggan! They’ll band together with former X-Men Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde when Gatecrasher and her Technet are sent to capture Rachel “Phoenix” Summers! From their lighthouse base, the heroes of Excalibur will tackle the ferocious Warwolves, the unstoppable Juggernaut and Mojo mayhem! Things get wild with Arcade, the Crazy Gang and the X-Babies — and really heat up as Excalibur is drawn across the Atlantic to an Inferno raging in New York! And don’t forget Lightning Squad, the alternate Nazi versions of Excalibur! Plus: Who or what is Widget? Collecting CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) #1-11, SPECIAL EDITION and MOJO MAYHEM; and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #31-38, and MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL (1983) #7 and #14-15.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90434-0
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-22-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was Night Raven listed as well.

NIGHT RAVEN: FROM THE MARVEL UK VAULTS TPB
    Written by STEVE PARKHOUSE, ALAN MOORE & MORE
    Penciled by DAVID LLOYD, JOHN BOLTON & MORE
    Cover by DAVID LLOYD
    Who is Night Raven? Find out in this complete collection of classic tales from the Marvel UK archives! Join the mysterious masked vigilante in his pulp-era war on crime as this lone man of justice stealthily stalks his villainous prey on the streets of New York City — and brands criminals with the mark of the deadly Night Raven! Follow this dark avenger into battle with mob bosses, murderers and miscreants like the Taxman, the Assassin, Dragonfire and more — in rarely seen stories by some of Marvel UK’s finest talents, including David Lloyd (V for Vendetta)! Where brooding darkness spreads its evil wings, the Night Raven stings!
    280 PGS./Parental Advisory …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90462-3

EXCALIBUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE SWORD IS DRAWN TPB
    Volume #1 in the Excalibur Epic Collections
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, ALAN DAVIS, MICHAEL HIGGINS & MORE
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE, ALAN DAVIS, RON LIM, MARSHALL ROGERS,
    ARTHUR ADAMS & ERIK LARSEN
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    A legendary team is born! Meet the United Kingdom’s champion, Captain Britain, and his paramour, the metamorphic Meggan! They’ll band together with former X-Men Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde when Gatecrasher and her Technet are sent to capture Rachel “Phoenix” Summers! From their lighthouse base, the heroes of Excalibur will tackle the ferocious Warwolves, the unstoppable Juggernaut and Mojo mayhem! Things get wild with Arcade, the Crazy Gang and the X-Babies — and really heat up as Excalibur is drawn across the Atlantic to an Inferno raging in New York! And don’t forget Lightning Squad, the alternate Nazi versions of Excalibur! Plus: Who or what is Widget? Collecting CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) #1-11, SPECIAL EDITION and MOJO MAYHEM; and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #31-38, and MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL (1983) #7 and #14-15.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90434-0

Not a bad month for a change.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Didn't see it mentioned in here but Merlin is appearing in Sorcerers Supreme, he actually forms the team and then appears to die.

I'm not incredibly familiar with the character but is Merlin one of Merlyn's identities?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned in here but Merlin is appearing in Sorcerers Supreme, he actually forms the team and then appears to die.

I'm not incredibly familiar with the character but is Merlin one of Merlyn's identities?
    Yes, all Merlins are Merlyn, and all Merlyns are Merlin. Except when they are imposters just using the name. Of course, sometimes Merlin has impersonated his imposters impersonating him.

In Death of X issue 4, Alchemy (Thomas Jones), who some of you may remember from his appearances in Excalibur and more recently in Xmen Legacy as part of the British mutants assembled by Legion, appeared in a key role. spoilers:
    He does however die in the issue
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    In Death of X issue 4, Alchemy (Thomas Jones), who some of you may remember from his appearances in Excalibur and more recently in Xmen Legacy as part of the British mutants assembled by Legion, appeared in a key role. spoilers:
    He does however die in the issue
    end of spoilers
    I wish writers would stop doing this with little used characters.

spoilers:
    "Hey guys, I found an old toy in the box that nobody has played with in a while. See how much fun it is. I hope everyone sees how much potential it has, and wonders why we all forgot about it. For some of you, this might be the first time you've seen this toy - maybe some of you new people can think of fun things to do with this toy... Now watch me break it."

Why revive a character just so you can kill them?
    end of spoilers

Hoping the horned guy on this cover turns out to be Death's Head. It looks like he's a bounty hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wish writers would stop doing this with little used characters.

spoilers:
    "Hey guys, I found an old toy in the box that nobody has played with in a while. See how much fun it is. I hope everyone sees how much potential it has, and wonders why we all forgot about it. For some of you, this might be the first time you've seen this toy - maybe some of you new people can think of fun things to do with this toy... Now watch me break it."

Why revive a character just so you can kill them?
    end of spoilers

Agreed. It's really disrespectful. But seems increasingly to be the norm. Just because a character has been mothballed doesn't mean you should use them shabbily.

Alchemy's last appearance was in Si Spurrier's X-Men Legacy. That wasn't a bad showing. Sure, really only a walk on part for the most part, but relatively respectful all the same.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Hoping the horned guy on this cover turns out to be Death's Head. It looks like he's a bounty hunter!

Death's Head bumping of Sam Alexander would make my day, at this point. Cannot stand what's been done to the Nova concept. A total paste over history.
    It Came From Darkmoor...