Page 139 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3171

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or relevant. The Hidden Universe Travel Guide to The Complete Marvel Cosmos was released recently and it has a short bit on Otherworld stating the Corp is still active. This is on concert with the rest of the book being up to date with goings on such as Doom leaving the throne of Latveria and Atlantis being destroyed by Hyperion. Though probably not going to be shown in a main book it is alright to have at least a reference in a licenced product.

Ha, the CBC may still be active... but they only have two members, everyone else died. One is 616's Captain Britain, the other is Spider-UK of the Web Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ha, the CBC may still be active... but they only have two members, everyone else died. One is 616's Captain Britain, the other is Spider-UK of the Web Warriors.
    Probably another off screen recruitment drive, as an excuse for what CB is up to since we saw him last. How many times has nearly all members died and been replaced by now?

Fantastic Member

They are the only two we know are still alive. But we saw very few of the identifiable Corps members killed, and the old rule of thumb is, unless there's a body, they are not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Probably another off screen recruitment drive, as an excuse for what CB is up to since we saw him last. How many times has nearly all members died and been replaced by now?
    we are working on an alternative solution at Avengers UK *spoilers*
    Watch this space (and our Facebook page)
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    direct link to order the Al Ewing signed version. It's only £5 inc. postage.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/211393-n...ngdom-variant/
    There was Night Raven listed as well.

NIGHT RAVEN: FROM THE MARVEL UK VAULTS TPB
    Written by STEVE PARKHOUSE, ALAN MOORE & MORE
    Penciled by DAVID LLOYD, JOHN BOLTON & MORE
    Cover by DAVID LLOYD
    Who is Night Raven? Find out in this complete collection of classic tales from the Marvel UK archives! Join the mysterious masked vigilante in his pulp-era war on crime as this lone man of justice stealthily stalks his villainous prey on the streets of New York City — and brands criminals with the mark of the deadly Night Raven! Follow this dark avenger into battle with mob bosses, murderers and miscreants like the Taxman, the Assassin, Dragonfire and more — in rarely seen stories by some of Marvel UK’s finest talents, including David Lloyd (V for Vendetta)! Where brooding darkness spreads its evil wings, the Night Raven stings!
    280 PGS./Parental Advisory …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90462-3

EXCALIBUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE SWORD IS DRAWN TPB
    Volume #1 in the Excalibur Epic Collections
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, ALAN DAVIS, MICHAEL HIGGINS & MORE
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE, ALAN DAVIS, RON LIM, MARSHALL ROGERS,
    ARTHUR ADAMS & ERIK LARSEN
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    A legendary team is born! Meet the United Kingdom’s champion, Captain Britain, and his paramour, the metamorphic Meggan! They’ll band together with former X-Men Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde when Gatecrasher and her Technet are sent to capture Rachel “Phoenix” Summers! From their lighthouse base, the heroes of Excalibur will tackle the ferocious Warwolves, the unstoppable Juggernaut and Mojo mayhem! Things get wild with Arcade, the Crazy Gang and the X-Babies — and really heat up as Excalibur is drawn across the Atlantic to an Inferno raging in New York! And don’t forget Lightning Squad, the alternate Nazi versions of Excalibur! Plus: Who or what is Widget? Collecting CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) #1-11, SPECIAL EDITION and MOJO MAYHEM; and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #31-38, and MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL (1983) #7 and #14-15.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90434-0
    I thought I'd look up Night Raven while ordering that Captain Britain cover and it turns out it's £7 cheaper to pre-order from Forbidden Planet than Amazon. That's a sale made!
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/212665-n...vel-uk-vaults/

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy' (because I usually can't stand that guy) but when a character you don't even publish anymore, who you've said that you have no publishing plans for, and isn't even representing a State but another Country, something's not right here.

I've become deeply perplexed by Marvel this year. Since the end of Secret War I've been dropping more and more Marvel titles. To the point that for the last two months I've stopped buying Marvel's output entirely.

For the first time since roughly 2003 I am now no longer a regular Marvel reader.

And I could argue that it's to help cut my monthly costs (next year is likely to hit us Brits hard if Brexit does get through Parliament) but to be honest my deeper reason was far more simple.

I was still buying books, but not really enjoying them.

When you realise that the books you buy each week from a certain publisher are on the lowest priority point for reading, month after month, there comes a time when you've got to make a call.

So I did.

The disconnect I have with Marvel has now run pretty deep. The creators I follow the most aren't really working with them any more. Post-Secret Wars I feel that the Universe as whole just doesn't hang together as well as a Shared Universe. And the characters I've followed for years are no longer being published in 616 continuity titles.

Hell, Marvel don't even want us to call it 616 any more.

So for now, I've voted with my wallet. It makes me sad because I love Marvel's Universe of characters. But right now it just frustrates me more to see it not being used to the best of its potential.

Not at all.

The big Event stories have finally become too derivative of previous big Event stories. It seems like every major character is having their hero identity taken from them and given to somebody else. And that too seems a bit too derivative to me.

Give characters their own unique Identities and hero names. It's important. Don't let them just be remembered as a variant of existing character, because we know how that tends to end up. Don't let them head into comics history remembered as another 'Black Goliath'.

I returned to Marvel comics in the early 2000s to find a relatively well-curated, clear directioned, universe. It hooked me back in. Post-Secret Wars I don't see that.

While in other media it seems that Marvel have their brand identity so strongly together the actual comic books are far more disparate. It's such a mixed bag of disconnected, temporary things. And as a result it's disconnected with me.

I don't know how long it'll last. You guys know me. If they launched a Captain Britain, Death's Head or MI13/Excalibur book next week I'd not think twice about picking it up. But for now me and Marvel just don't see eye to eye.
    I completely agree. Sadly.

I think we all know that the 90s divided fans. But I was of a certain age and I forgive a lot of its excesses. But in the 2000s I generally felt Marvel really got its mojo back. Yes, some would argue that there were too many events, but I do believe they tied together well and were, generally, well devised. It felt like a whole universe, interlocking and well conceived. I particularly liked that a lot of minor characters were given a chance in series like The Initiative, and that there seemed to be a genuine love for the history of characters as well as a desire to do something new with them.

Now it feels as though everything is geared towards some awful DC-esque culture of reboot. Just crap all over the folk that have bought into the history of the books with a continual cycle of new #1s and re-imagining of decent characters. Who knew that just a few years after DnA were making Marvel Cosmic great again we'd be seeing a pointless new Nova and Quasar (no explanation at all as to why we needed either). It's not just lazy, it's selfish and conceited. Poor writers and editors would rather "leave their mark" by creating something new (even a rehash), than by giving a new twist to a classic character. What classic comic runs like Moore's Swamp Thing, or (as an example of Marvel getting it right) Fraction's Hawkeye should teach us is that there's no such thing as a bad character; just one that hasn't reached its full potential. Get a decent writer in who would rather use the existing characters rather than create crap new ones and I'll come back to Marvel.

Sam Alexander was created for TV. No surprise that Rich came back when Ultimate Spider-Man had been announced to be cancelled.

It's that time of year again - and in the first of two special FREE comics from Avengers UK - here is this year's Christmas Special!
    Do you believe in Father Christmas? Perhaps you will after reading "THE CHRISTMAS INVERSION" … A feast of festive fun and frolics awaits you. Written by Richard Green and magicked to life by the art of Bill Bushman. Furthermore you'll find bonus art by Jamie Grey, IzzY World and Alan Green, as well as a festive text story. Merry Christmas ! Lots of nods to MARVEL UK related characters as per!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=82d4189088

AUKxmasinv2016.jpg
    Last edited by IzzY World; 12-19-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

....and following on from my previous post -- the SECOND of our FREE AVENGERS UK issues is out DECEMBER 30th .... YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!!

The first of our AVENGERS UK anthology series "DIGESTive" called "FIRST BITE" it features : BLACK KNIGHT, MI:13 (PETE WISDOM), DIGITEK and TONS of bonus art and material - all for FREE !

AUKDigest1stbitepromo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    ....and following on from my previous post -- the SECOND of our FREE AVENGERS UK issues is out DECEMBER 30th .... YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!!

The first of our AVENGERS UK anthology series "DIGESTive" called "FIRST BITE" it features : BLACK KNIGHT, MI:13 (PETE WISDOM), DIGITEK and TONS of bonus art and material - all for FREE !

AUKDigest1stbitepromo.jpg
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

The way that Marvel has gone through my four years of reading has been regressive. I can't remember the last Spider-Man or X-Men comic I have read. I now stick to a few 'lower' heroes such as Ant-Man, Patsy Walker and a few others who are least affected by crossovers, events and tie-ins. Independent comics are becoming more popular with me also, but Marvel have regressed badly.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Is Brian Braddock still Captain Britain in the new MU? I remember he was replaced by a new CB during Secret Wars.

Faiza Hussein? That was alt universe. Unfortunately, Captain Britain is a total no-show in ANAD.

Welcome to "DIGESTive", Avengers UK’s own anthology series - and it's FREE! Starring BLACK KNIGHT, Pete Wisdom & Mi:13 & DIGITEK!
    Each issue of DIGESTive will give you fresh bites of fiction & expand the already broad palette of our Avengers UK readership with stories from areas of UK lore previously unexplored, or adding to the rich flavours of our ongoing series, Knights of Pendragon, Defenders UK, and of course the mother lode Avengers UK itself !
    Please visit, 'LIKE' our page for more FREE issues and 'SHARE' this issue!

Direct Link for the full issue for FREE see:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8ac7a77bc8

AUK DIGESTIVE - FIRST BITE Page_01.jpg