Page 14 of 212 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm not from Britain, But i've been there several times. Leeds City is my favorite place actually. Pretty much all the small towns i've been to, I've used in Stories for my OC's, and my Psylocke fan fiction. I was stationed at a RAF base near Brighton before and loved the coastal setting. Nothing like Sea Air. Beccles is another town I used in my stories. I served with a RAF Tower controller from there.
    Beccles! Blimey! Suffolk calling. Not too far from where my folks now live. I've been pretty much everywhere in the UK for my job, except the Lake District, the Peaks, the Western Isles, and Western Northern Ireland. Favourite places are York, South Devon, Usk, Southwold, Aberdeen, St Andrews, and the Isle of Wight. I still like Brighton best, mind.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

The Iron Man preview is up and it features the return of Doris!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Beccles! Blimey! Suffolk calling. Not too far from where my folks now live. I've been pretty much everywhere in the UK for my job, except the Lake District, the Peaks, the Western Isles, and Western Northern Ireland. Favourite places are York, South Devon, Usk, Southwold, Aberdeen, St Andrews, and the Isle of Wight. I still like Brighton best, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Perhaps I should have written some people outside the uk may not know there are other places than London. Leeds? Really? I'm disappointed although I can't really say much as I have not been around the UK much.
    Yeah My OC character Mindseye is From Leeds city. I spent 3 months there and took photos galore, at the time it wasn't for character research it was just for fun, but I fell in complete love. The Schools, the food, the rail system, the night life etc.
    Wonder if any of the Marvel UK characters are from Leeds. :P

DI Rachel Renton from Avengers UK is from Leeds

And I'm from York, love it here...in my job I've toured the length and breadth of the British Isles and there's no where like my home town for me.....we have Vikings!!! I've seen the residents of Asgard on my high street!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I was born and bred in Halifax, West Yorkshire, so I was kind of Willow's distant neighbour growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    And I'm from York, love it here...in my job I've toured the length and breadth of the British Isles and there's no where like my home town for me.....we have Vikings!!! I've seen the residents of Asgard on my high street!
    York is a beautiful city. The wife and I are planning on taking the kids there at some point. I now live and work in Poland, but we visit family regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    That's how I felt with Hell Comes to Birmingham. Though I am a brummie born, and most of my family live there, I have lived in Wolverhampton for most of my life so I consider myself a wulfrunian.
    I studied at Wolves Uni, lived in Wolverhamption for 5 years or so (Park Village, Bushbury and Compton Road). We used to have lectures on the back of the Molineux Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RichyBlackBass View Post
    I live not all that far from you then, Danvidar. Heath Hayes, Cannock. So Hell Comes to Birmingham was nice to see. Heck anywhere outside London in UK story makes a change!
    After finishing Uni, I used to commute to work in the centre of Birmingham. Man, that city has changed tons. There used to be a cool shop with frisbees and stuff as you walk down the ramp leaving the train station on your left below. Ultimate Frisbee is one of my favourite sports to play. We used to like visiting Cannock Chase with friends.

I'm not from Britain, But i've been there several times. Leeds City is my favorite place actually. Pretty much all the small towns i've been to, I've used in Stories for my OC's, and my Psylocke fan fiction.
    Yeah My OC character Mindseye is From Leeds city. I spent 3 months there and took photos galore, at the time it wasn't for character research it was just for fun, but I fell in complete love. The Schools, the food, the rail system, the night life etc.
    Leeds is kind of next door to Halifax. As teenagers, we would catch the train sometimes on Saturday in order to do some "high street" shopping in Leeds in particular we would try and catch the Next sales. Do they still have those massive queues for them? Also, my Mum would take us to visit her Chinese friends there for some awesome Chinese food.

I was stationed at a RAF base near Brighton before and loved the coastal setting. Nothing like Sea Air. Beccles is another town I used in my stories. I served with a RAF Tower controller from there.
    Yeah, my wife and I like Brighton. We've got some very good friends there. The missus loves the sea, so at least twice a year we have to be near water. This year when we visit the UK, it may be somewhere North - Whitby, Bridlington, Scarborough...we'll figure something out.

We love Devon and Cornwall - beautiful place. A few years back the wife and I with friends did a road trip and visited Clovelly, Land's End, Newquay, Paignton, amongst others. Travelled all around Isle of Wight with the family in 1982. I remember it vividly as it was the World Cup at the time. Both the Lake District and Peak District are truly beautiful. I'm one of the British Countryside's biggest fans

It really is a small world, eh?
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-09-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Woo! Suffolk! Have you ever been to central city comics? I spent a lot of my childhood in there!

[Quote]Raffi Ol D'Arcy[Quote]

Yes it is. The Compton Park campus is closed now. One if the schools is using the buildings left behind, and sold their building to the Wolves Academy/ Training ground next to it. Ah memories, people going over the road at lunch to watch the team train.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

[QUOTE=Danvidar;55200][Quote]Raffi Ol D'Arcy

Yes it is. The Compton Park campus is closed now. One if the schools is using the buildings left behind, and sold their building to the Wolves Academy/ Training ground next to it. Ah memories, people going over the road at lunch to watch the team train.
    Wow, I spent most of my last year at the Compton Park (Business) Campus.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

It's not on the preview pages, but the blurb for Wolverine #6 asks what interest Pete Wisdom and MI 16 have in Madripoor? I assume some or all of the team will be appearing. (Hooray. I love Wisdom.)

To make it even better it's written by Cornell, who did such a great job with the team in CB and MI 13.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 05-09-2014 at 02:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Where is Jessica Hyde? View Post
    Woo! Suffolk! Have you ever been to central city comics? I spent a lot of my childhood in there!
    Sadly not, and I'm often passing through Ipswich by train too, I think the only comic shop I've been to in the whole of East Anglia is Ace Comics in Colchester.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    I've yet to see superheroes in my town....guess I'll just have to create myself.....

Wulfrunian? Careful there........if Marvel find out they'll have you on six different teams to cover a certain someone whilst they're on 'Death Duty'.
    Sorry but Warden Wulfrun is on Earth 19912. I'll give you the bio..... once I have thought of it!

Sadly not, and I'm often passing through Ipswich by train too, I think the only comic shop I've been to in the whole of East Anglia is Ace Comics in Colchester.
    Sadly its not what is was - but its still worth a look (if only because there isn't much else to do in ipswich).

Love the guide to deaths head!

BANNED

hmm, Excalibur in Brighton, have I read that? I don't remember. (I live there too)
    Awesome! Do you go to Dave's Comics at all?

Brighton Pier appeared in issue #12 #13 and #15.

So glad I got this location conversational ball rolling

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Pahahah perfect I hate Cable!

Aw poor Death's Head. Has anyone seen his Marvel Infinite figure it looks gawjus.