Page 144 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3171

nope. just nope.
    I surrender to the Contest

Fantastic Member

Out now.
    472672._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Including the never before collected or reprinted text stories, which appeared across a wide range of titles.
    Last edited by Loki; 04-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Great to see it finally out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu666 View Post
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering about CB. What do you all think of if Brian where to wear battle armour and had a weapon or more? It could be from anything or anywhere. Something he could wear it for major battles?

in Time Runs Out (Avengers) he summoned and branded a sword - said to be Excalibur ( although they seemed to forget that was already being branded by MI:13's Faiza Hussein , she was code named 'Excalibur' too - unless he borrowed it)

Also his actual costume (the Alan Davis version) is an armour of sorts - but not as u may be suggesting as it's more like a standard superhero costume.
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

What I was talking about, was like the sword and shield Dane had the Sword of Light and the Shield of Night. And also the armour that Albion wears, the alternate Brian who chose the sword. Or how about he builds himself a set of armour and weapon/s?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu666 View Post
    What I was talking about, was like the sword and shield Dane had the Sword of Light and the Shield of Night. And also the armour that Albion wears, the alternate Brian who chose the sword. Or how about he builds himself a set of armour and weapon/s?
    I quite like the idea that he builds some armour - something using his skills and intelligence -
    If he did create weapons they could be sort of non lethal but generated from his force field - in the same way Susan Richards does - but inspired by Betsy's ability to create weapons psyonically?
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Well, Guardians of the Galaxy: Dream On was a steaming pile of rubbish. Yet again a writer who doesn't get Death's Head wastes the character.

i thought the writer did a decent job of writing him in character, but come on, he was never going to beat the Guardians in their own comic.
    I surrender to the Contest

Nobody wants to read about the Hulk in the UK, apparently. These Collectors Edition comics just came out.

INCREDIBLE HULKS #10. On sale 20th April! FINAL ISSUE!
    76 pages of gamma-charged action! Three awesome stories! £3.99!
    So what happens when Marvel's two green heroines finally meet? Trouble! She-Hulk and Gamora team up! By John Layman and Otto Schmidt!
    Also: an untold tale revealed at last! Joe Fixit battles the West Coast Avengers! By Jim McCann and Agustin Padilla!
    Plus: The Maestro now has the power of a god! Don't miss Contest of Champions by Al Ewing and Rhoald Marcellius!
    Featuring material first printed in Guardians Team-Up #4, Hulk Smash Avengers #4 and Contest of Champions #10.

WOLVERINE & DEADPOOL #10. On sale 20th April!
    76 pages of claw-popping action! £3.99!
    Wolverine is recruited by SHIELD to battle a monstrous enemy – and wait till you see who it is! By Tom Taylor and Marcio Takara!
    Also: Deadpool wants to avenge his parents – by killing Sabretooth! A savage new story begins by Gerry Duggan and Matteo Lolli!
    Featuring material first published in All-New Wolverine #8 and Deadpool #6, 8-9.

AVENGERS UNIVERSE #10. On sale 20th April!
    76 pages of Earth’s Mightiest heroes! £3.99!
    A new adventure! Deadpool, Rogue and Quicksilver encounter Hank Pym – and Ultron too! By Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz!
    Also: The All-New Avengers encounter the all-new Wasp! Plus: the search for Nova's father begins as the team heads into deep space! By Mark Waid and Mahmud Asrar!

Featuring material first published in Uncanny Avengers #9 and All-New Avengers #9-10.

Incredible Hulks will be replaced by Deadpool Unleashed.

And no, they don't publish solicits in advance, they're usually posted on the day the mags come out, on the Panini website. The disadvantages of newsstand distribution...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    i thought the writer did a decent job of writing him in character, but come on, he was never going to beat the Guardians in their own comic.
    Yeah I appreciate that, but a brain that resists Unicron gets overwhelmed by being plugged into some onboard VR system by Rocket? Who just happens to notice DH has a handy slot in the back of his head, that despite him being a cross-dimensional time-traveller, their cable fitting happens to slot into? Pretty decent universal USB plugs they must have...

Nah, it was lazy writing for me. DH could have been swapped out for any other antagonist and it would have made exactly zero difference to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nobody wants to read about the Hulk in the UK, apparently. These Collectors Edition comics just came out.
    I love the terminology. Exactly who are these "collectors" that are sitting around waiting for reprints?

I know what you mean. The trades come out before these! They're not really for collectors, they're for people who don't have an LCS. These are sold in WHSmith and newsagents. They started in the 90s. There's five more of them. Astonishing Spider-Man, and Essential X-Men, they were the first two. Marvel Legends runs Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Mighty World of Marvel runs whatever can't go elsewhere. That's currently Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Silver Surfer, the latter two just replaced Ms. Marvel and Black Widow, and Champions is going there when they get that far. The fifth one, as I mentioned earlier, is brand new and will replace Incredible Hulks - Deadpool Unleashed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex
    And to be fair, he technically did beat them originally--he had defeated and captured the entire team off-panel. And they only beat him in the end by turning his own weapon against him. Not that bad of a showing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    Yeah I appreciate that, but a brain that resists Unicron gets overwhelmed by being plugged into some onboard VR system by Rocket? Who just happens to notice DH has a handy slot in the back of his head, that despite him being a cross-dimensional time-traveller, their cable fitting happens to slot into? Pretty decent universal USB plugs they must have...Nah, it was lazy writing for me.
    Given that those cables were originally plugged into three humanoid life forms, a bipedal racoon-like creature and a bipedial plant creature, yes, I'd say that technology IS designed to be very universal. I don't think Rocket plugged it into any "convenient" existing slot--those probes were clearly designed to burrow in and link to whatever neural system they encountered upon contact with the 'skin' of the target.

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    DH could have been swapped out for any other antagonist and it would have made exactly zero difference to the story.
    That much is true--there was nothing that specifically required it to be Death's Head. Its just fun that it was, and that he got to make another appearance.

Yeah, fair enough - I'll stop griping. I just want a DH appearance that adds something to a story and highlights the character himself, y'know?

Between not appearing at all and damning with faint praise I would actually take not appearing at all, as I think the latter lowers his stock.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    I quite like the idea that he builds some armour - something using his skills and intelligence -
    If he did create weapons they could be sort of non lethal but generated from his force field - in the same way Susan Richards does - but inspired by Betsy's ability to create weapons psyonically?
    Well he does have his force field, that he has used as a weapon on a few times. Plus i've got a few ideas on his power set.