Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

I remember when Forbidden Planet had a section in Brighton's Virgin Megastore. I remember being there and seeing the Alan Davis-drawn X-Men Annual with Captain Britain's face on the cover in the background and being absolutely stoked that CB was in an X-Men comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I remember when Forbidden Planet had a section in Brighton's Virgin Megastore. I remember being there and seeing the Alan Davis-drawn X-Men Annual with Captain Britain's face on the cover in the background and being absolutely stoked that CB was in an X-Men comic.
    I've always associated Brian and Meggan more with the X-men than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Awesome! Do you go to Dave's Comics at all?
    not as often as I used to, I trade-wait now, though I did sell a load of old tpbs at Dave's 2nd hand shop after Xmas when I was skint.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

For for all the help regarding the UK kids gus.

Happy to see this thread off to such a great start.

there's a second part to that DH guide.

http://akirathedon.com/blog/the-akir...o-deaths-head/

read it at the link.
    I surrender to the Contest

Since agents of SHIELD has been announced for season 2, what is the likely hood of a Marvel UK character appearing?

What do people think of Montgomery Falsworth, Spitfire, Brian Falsworth and baron Blood appearing in the Agent Carter TV show.

BANNED

Meh no to Invader's Supervillains or Superheroes appearing on Agent Carter. Without Cap it's pointless.

For Marvel UK they could probably work in someone obscure like Motormouth.
    Last edited by FuzzyBlueElf; 05-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I was born and bred in Halifax, West Yorkshire, so I was kind of Willow's distant neighbour growing up.

York is a beautiful city. The wife and I are planning on taking the kids there at some point. I now live and work in Poland, but we visit family regularly.
    I studied at Wolves Uni, lived in Wolverhamption for 5 years or so (Park Village, Bushbury and Compton Road). We used to have lectures on the back of the Molineux Stadium.
    After finishing Uni, I used to commute to work in the centre of Birmingham. Man, that city has changed tons. There used to be a cool shop with frisbees and stuff as you walk down the ramp leaving the train station on your left below. Ultimate Frisbee is one of my favourite sports to play. We used to like visiting Cannock Chase with friends.

Leeds is kind of next door to Halifax. As teenagers, we would catch the train sometimes on Saturday in order to do some "high street" shopping in Leeds in particular we would try and catch the Next sales. Do they still have those massive queues for them? Also, my Mum would take us to visit her Chinese friends there for some awesome Chinese food.
    Yeah, my wife and I like Brighton. We've got some very good friends there. The missus loves the sea, so at least twice a year we have to be near water. This year when we visit the UK, it may be somewhere North - Whitby, Bridlington, Scarborough...we'll figure something out.

We love Devon and Cornwall - beautiful place. A few years back the wife and I with friends did a road trip and visited Clovelly, Land's End, Newquay, Paignton, amongst others. Travelled all around Isle of Wight with the family in 1982. I remember it vividly as it was the World Cup at the time. Both the Lake District and Peak District are truly beautiful. I'm one of the British Countryside's biggest fans

It really is a small world, eh?
    I love Devon also, I base alot of stories there also. Man you guys are making me want to plan a trip back.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    The Iron Man preview is up and it features the return of Doris!
    Yay Doris! She is my new 'Alison Double!

I was born and bred in Halifax, West Yorkshire, so I was kind of Willow's distant neighbour growing up.
    You should have popped round to borrow a cup of sugar mate.

York is a beautiful city. The wife and I are planning on taking the kids there at some point. I now live and work in Poland, but we visit family regularly.
    York is amazing, I realise how lucky I am....didn't appreciate it as a kid but I do now. My wife is originally from Herne Bay in Kent (we met in Cyprus), we dated across the country for a while - she came to York and decided that we weren't going to live anywhere else and moved here immediately.....that was seven years ago now!

Even last night...met some buddies for a drink, started down by the river looking out at the Roman/Middle Ages City Wall and then took a short cut through the full bloom Museum Gardens into the town itself to the Roman Bath Pub - which actually has a real Roman Bath under it. Awesome.

Hows life in Poland mate? The closest I've ever got is Prague (which is still about another 500km!!!).

Yeah, my wife and I like Brighton. We've got some very good friends there. The missus loves the sea, so at least twice a year we have to be near water. This year when we visit the UK, it may be somewhere North - Whitby, Bridlington, Scarborough...we'll figure something out.
    Just got back from a break away in Whitby, lovely place. One night the sea mist poured in over the harbour as we were walking back to our digs, we looked up at the ruins of the Abbey and realised just how Bram Stoker could have concieved of Dracula whilst he was there!

Scarborough is a regular for us, Mrs Willow grew up by the sea so she likes to re-connect every now and then. Scarborough also has an original Police Phone Box on the front....provided me with a lot of entertainment as a kid (and still does if I'm honest)

We love Devon and Cornwall - beautiful place. A few years back the wife and I with friends did a road trip and visited Clovelly, Land's End, Newquay, Paignton, amongst others. Travelled all around Isle of Wight with the family in 1982. I remember it vividly as it was the World Cup at the time. Both the Lake District and Peak District are truly beautiful. I'm one of the British Countryside's biggest fans

It really is a small world, eh?
    They are all lovely places....a lot of people in the UK forget how gorgeous the island is..I know lots of people who've been to exotic locations around the world but have never been to the next county. Newquay was my holiday destination for many years. In the summer I've known it hotter on Fistral Beach than in the Med.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    To make it even better it's written by Cornell, who did such a great job with the team in CB and MI 13.
    So excited to see Mr Cornell tackling MI13 again........I wonder if this means he might be open to taking a crack at the team again.....'elsewhere'.....

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Genius....and very much how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Sorry but Warden Wulfrun is on Earth 19912. I'll give you the bio..... once I have thought of it!
    I await with baited breath Danvidar!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I remember that moment. I was stood in 'Nu Earth' a comic shop above 'Red Rhino Records' in York (neither shop is there now)....it was great to feel a real connection between 'my' Marvel and the US one. The fact that it was drawn by Davis was a massive help.

However......

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    I've always associated Brian and Meggan more with the X-men than anything else.
    Understandable FBE. Don't get me wrong I loved (LOVED) the X-Men of that era. It's a masterclass in story telling. Chris Claremont totally nailed that series and it always looked better than any other contemporary.

But Mr Claremont just didn't get what had happened to his initial creation and he certainly never grasped how Meggan should be portrayed. There was to follow so many awful moments for me as a fan of both of those characters - not all under CC's pen but certainly following the template he created. The 'X' for me never really treated Brian and Meggan with the respect I'd seen them shown by Marvel UK.

Their association with the X-Men for me I'd happily remove. I don't like that over the years they've become 'X' characters....this franchising of certain Marvels into one stable or another never sat well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    there's a second part to that DH guide.

http://akirathedon.com/blog/the-akir...o-deaths-head/

read it at the link.
    Cheers mate thats brilliant!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    You should have popped round to borrow a cup of sugar mate.

York is amazing, I realise how lucky I am....didn't appreciate it as a kid but I do now. My wife is originally from Herne Bay in Kent (we met in Cyprus), we dated across the country for a while - she came to York and decided that we weren't going to live anywhere else and moved here immediately.....that was seven years ago now!

Even last night...met some buddies for a drink, started down by the river looking out at the Roman/Middle Ages City Wall and then took a short cut through the full bloom Museum Gardens into the town itself to the Roman Bath Pub - which actually has a real Roman Bath under it. Awesome.

Hows life in Poland mate? The closest I've ever got is Prague (which is still about another 500km!!!).
    Life's pretty good. We have quite hot summers but very cold winters - probably the only thing my wife and I don't like about Poland is that it can get very cold in the -20-30s. Although, we had a pretty mild winter this year. Poland has beautiful beaches in the North, great lakes region (although the Lake District just pips Poland what with the combination of the low lying mountains surrounding the lakes) and fantastic mountains in the South for skiing and walking. My wife is Polish and my boys were born in Poland.

With regards to comics, there isn't a very good LCS in Warsaw. However, there are 2 very good Polish internet stores where I preorder all my floppies.

Just got back from a break away in Whitby, lovely place. One night the sea mist poured in over the harbour as we were walking back to our digs, we looked up at the ruins of the Abbey and realised just how Bram Stoker could have concieved of Dracula whilst he was there!

Scarborough is a regular for us, Mrs Willow grew up by the sea so she likes to re-connect every now and then. Scarborough also has an original Police Phone Box on the front....provided me with a lot of entertainment as a kid (and still does if I'm honest)

They are all lovely places....a lot of people in the UK forget how gorgeous the island is..I know lots of people who've been to exotic locations around the world but have never been to the next county. Newquay was my holiday destination for many years. In the summer I've known it hotter on Fistral Beach than in the Med.
    Yeah, for me, the UK is an amazingly beautiful place. We always take a week out to discover a new city/town/region every time we visit the green and pleasant land.

everybody feel free to come visit the Five Valleys of Gloucestershire. It really is quite beautiful here, even if I'd never say that out loud in real life.

LMK in advance and we could meet up.
    I surrender to the Contest

Spectacular Member

I am...REBORN!

*ahem*

That was my way of saying I have re-registered. I tend to lurk about these parts (and the previous incarnations) but shall try and post more.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Due to the fact that all our previous posts were forever wiped from existence, here's a reminder of some of the fantastic Revolutionary War Variants.

Alpha:

Dark Angel:

Knights of Pendragon:

Death's Head II:

Super Soldiers:

Motor-Mouth:

OMEGA: