Page 16 of 212 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Great posts for those covers.

I'm so ready to read another book based on GENETIX, revamp some of their abilities and get rid of the 90's baggage. They'd be a great team. Especially as now they'd have some experience under their belts.
    I pretty much just want to read VESPER number 1-4 Miniseries. Highly interesting character and she's asian, as in Hindi. Love that.

Spider-Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

I wish Doctor Who was still part of the Marvel universe...

:-(
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name is Spider-Man and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*

Wolverine 6 is out today! sadly won't be able to pick it up for a while but if someone could sum it up or which mi13 characters are in it. Thanks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Wolverine 6 is out today! sadly won't be able to pick it up for a while but if someone could sum it up or which mi13 characters are in it. Thanks

Only had a (digital) flick through of my copy (still at work) but I saw Pete, Faiza and Dane (woo!) in this issue.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Here's the cover of Wolverine #6 with our man Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    I am...REBORN!

*ahem*

That was my way of saying I have re-registered. I tend to lurk about these parts (and the previous incarnations) but shall try and post more.
    Hey up buddy! Glad to see you made it to the other side...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    I wish Doctor Who was still part of the Marvel universe...

:-(
    You and me both pal! Do not despair as next year 'Avengers UK' (www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow) will be crossing paths with the Last of the Time Lords.......liscensing doesn't affect us .

Talking of AUK check out this little trinket......pencils breakdowns are mine but the painting is by Paul 'Merry' Mitchell! It's something we wanted to do for a while and possibly the first of more....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post

Talking of AUK check out this little trinket......pencils breakdowns are mine but the painting is by Paul 'Merry' Mitchell! It's something we wanted to do for a while and possibly the first of more....
    Nice work fellas!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Hey up buddy! Glad to see you made it to the other side...

Thanks!

And that's some lovely art.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

still loving Dark Angel in Iron Man
    I surrender to the Contest

With all these "cameo" appearances by UK heroes in various ongoings, I really am starting to think that Marvel may be wanting readers to warm to these characters in preparation for an MI13 (or similar title) ongoing at some point? I know some of you also had similar thoughts, right?

It would be great to have Hickman take it on, then a lot of people would take an interest. Al Ewing would also be a fantastic choice, not as high profile (at the moment), but a great writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Here's the cover of Wolverine #6 with our man Pete

Although due to current financial status I couldn't purchase it, I was able to have a look through the issue. Pete and Faiza were seen in person, Black Knight was mentioned and I can't remember if he appeared or not. Another surprise appearance was that of MI13's quatermaster O! I know he was in the rudiments of wisdom MAX series and mentioned in the MI13 series, so is this his first appearance in the regular line? I was glad to see MI13 be shown as highly skilled professionals, with the meet up disguised as a kidnapping, though when did Faiza get that kind of training?

I haven't read it yet, but I saw a scan- Black Knight is seen, too. But for some reason he looks more like Captain Britain. Hair color is all wrong.

I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but I'll take Pete Wisdom and MI-13 in any form I can get. I hope this and the Gambit appearances mean there will be a lot more of MI-13 in the future.

Interview on CBR about Black Knight appearing in Original Sins #2
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52787

O did appear in cap brit and MI13 at various times. In one panel in the annual it shows him bring lemonade to the team.

that's some great art Willow!
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Nice work fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    And that's some lovely art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    that's some great art Willow!
    My part was nowt lads...very basic line work. Paul normally works from photos and real life so hadn't tackled a comic-book style picture, I didn't offer any ideas on light references or anything. Just some colour pics of CB and the pic I drew the Shard from......what came back just blew me away!

Pauls now popped it up for sale and he is exhibiting his non-comic works in my local gallery. Hoping that he doesn't get too busy to be able to do his until now promised follow-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    still loving Dark Angel in Iron Man
    Me too buddy. Gillens Iron Man has been for a while my fall-back title when all else fails. Having Shevaun in there is really helping!

With all these "cameo" appearances by UK heroes in various ongoings, I really am starting to think that Marvel may be wanting readers to warm to these characters in preparation for an MI13 (or similar title) ongoing at some point? I know some of you also had similar thoughts, right?

It would be great to have Hickman take it on, then a lot of people would take an interest. Al Ewing would also be a fantastic choice, not as high profile (at the moment), but a great writer.
    I met Al Ewing a few months back and I think he would take a running jump at the chance! His reverence for these characters was palpable! His pitch for Braddock Academy students really sung to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Although due to current financial status I couldn't purchase it, I was able to have a look through the issue. Pete and Faiza were seen in person, Black Knight was mentioned and I can't remember if he appeared or not. Another surprise appearance was that of MI13's quatermaster O! I know he was in the rudiments of wisdom MAX series and mentioned in the MI13 series, so is this his first appearance in the regular line? I was glad to see MI13 be shown as highly skilled professionals, with the meet up disguised as a kidnapping, though when did Faiza get that kind of training?
    Aaaah espionage...I reckon Faiza may have seen a lot of training since CB&MI13. She's probably Wisdoms star pupil! And judging by 'Revolutionary War' the end of CB&MI13 was some time ago now by Marvel standards.

O appeared a few times in CB&MI13.......based on the legendary Charles Hawtry y'know? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles...r_born_1914%29

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    I haven't read it yet, but I saw a scan- Black Knight is seen, too. But for some reason he looks more like Captain Britain. Hair color is all wrong.

I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but I'll take Pete Wisdom and MI-13 in any form I can get. I hope this and the Gambit appearances mean there will be a lot more of MI-13 in the future.
    Me too....even if it's regular guest apparearances! I'll still buy whatever title they are in if it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Interview on CBR about Black Knight appearing in Original Sins #2
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52787
    Great Odin's Raven a return for Dane Whitman.....in not one comic........but two! Seriously overlooked and long ignored....nice to see Tieri getting his hands on him again. After the mess of New Excalibur it seems judging by his comments he really had decent plans for the team that never saw fruition.