Page 168 of 212 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3171
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've seen speculation over on the X-Boards that this "Pete" from the Deadpool 2 trailer is Pete Wisdom:

I don't imagine he appears as anything more than a photograph, though.
    His in the plane as well in the trailer so it is more than just a photo cameo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Played by a Canadian??? I hope not.....
    Rob Delaney is American and has lived in the UK for a few years. He can probably do a decent comedic British accent.

BANNED

Mys-Tech Wars #1 Mar 1993
    "Strange Screams of Death"
    The MyS-TECH immortals' plans for the UnEarth come to fruition,

while demons are sent to deal with the X-Men and the Avengers.

Starring Nick Fury, Dark Angel, Wolverine, Captain America, Doctor Strange, X-Factor, Albion, Union Jack, Warheads, Psycho Warriors, Fantastic Four, Death's Head II.

Script by Dan Abnett. Art by Bryan Hitch & Jeff Anderson.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Very early Bryan Hitch, but you can see quality forming in his artwork.

At times in those days I always felt that you could see an element of Alan Davis in some of his work. Which was no criticism, by the way. Davis was at the top of his game at that that point.

People often forget just how many great artists Marvel K had at their disposal back then.

Alan Davis (and Mark Farmer, of course)
    Bryan Hitch
    Gary Erskine
    Liam Sharp
    Gary Frank
    Carlos Pacheco
    Salvador Larocca
    Mark Buckingham
    Charlie Adlard
    Doug Braithwaite
    Carl Critchlow
    Simon Coleby
    Geoff Senior
    Staz Johnson
    Dermot Power
    David Lloyd
    Pascual Ferry

So many.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Brian and Meggan appeared in X-Men Gold #25 today and it was so cool to see them again. I would love it if Marvel gave Brian a monthly book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nice that they got an appearance. Was this the issue set in Paris? If it was, did any French super-heroes get an appearance, or even a mention? I know there are some.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Nice that they got an appearance. Was this the issue set in Paris? If it was, did any French super-heroes get an appearance, or even a mention? I know there are some.

You know there are some. And I think a few of us are aware that there are some. But it's so rare hat anybody at Marvel remembers them. I'd be curious to know, too.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

I wouldn't mind Jessica Drew returning to the UK. It would be cool to see her in EXcalibur too, if they ever reformed.

Incredible Member

Is death's head in the second issue of darkhawk.... I'm sure he's on the cover......

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Is death's head in the second issue of darkhawk.... I'm sure he's on the cover......
    Sadly I don't think so. That's the Ron Lim variant cover to #1, and doesn't seem to have any relationship to the story. I've ordered a copy anyway, just to continue my DH obsession.

40659628334_9606fc5383_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That time Judge Dredd, Desperate Dan and Captain Britain entered a biggest chin contest... and lost to Bruce Forsyth.

From Comic Relief Comic, a one-shot from the early 90s.
    A few days after reading this I picked up a copy in my LCS - for the princely sum of 50p! It's got a decent selection of writers and artists contributing, and some fun stuff like Dan Dare meeting several iterations of Doctor Who.

The whole thing is here if anyone wants to read it.

http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co...y-gubbins.html

Considering it was published in 1991, that's actually ALL of the Doctors. Seven was the current one back then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Jessica Drew returning to the UK. It would be cool to see her in EXcalibur too, if they ever reformed.

Wouldn't mind seeing that myself. Still kinda hacked off the Bendis effectively retconned her British nationality out of the books, with her amended origin story in the mid 2000s. Born in Transia by that retelling, and as far as I know that's canon.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

She's still a British citizen though, currently UK-US dual citizen. He didn't change that her family are British, nor did he retcon away her original series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've always said, if I were writing books, one of them would be a team book involving Jessica Drew that deals with magical stuff. Looking at the roster, it would almost certainly end up as an Excalibur book given the need for labeling. I even thought of a fun little story involving her kid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing that myself. Still kinda hacked off the Bendis effectively retconned her British nationality out of the books, with her amended origin story in the mid 2000s. Born in Transia by that retelling, and as far as I know that's canon.
    Weirdly enough, it was the motion comic of his Agent of SWORD comic that originally caused me to think of her as British. She's raised by British parents and Herbert Wyndham who is also British, so, even if she's not born in Britain, she would still both have a British accent and be of British citizenship by Jus Sanguinis.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

I still consider her V1 series from the 70's the best version of her. I loved the art, dialogue, etc. Great great reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's still a British citizen though, currently UK-US dual citizen. He didn't change that her family are British, nor did he retcon away her original series.

I think the greater source of confusion with Bendis' retelling is that it removes her growing up in Britain. Sure her parents remain British, but her early life is pretty much all Wundagore until she's out there working for HYDRA. He inadvertently removed that connection.

I say 'inadvertently' because when he started his Spider-woman ongoing series the very starting point for that run was in London - which she still appeared to be familiar with even though her connection to Britain was now more down to parentage alone.

I'm not 100% sure Bendis realised he'd kind of retconned that out in Spider-woman: Origin.
    It Came From Darkmoor...