Page 175 of 212 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3171

Psylocke should actually look younger than her brother because her original body will be exactly how it looked before she became Japanese. Old brain, young body lol

Brian's body has been rebuilt from the ground up twice, not to mention being devolved into a chimp, then re-evolved to be genetically advanced by the Push. Who knows what age his body is supposed to look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which makes the Braddocks around 27-28. A recent issue of Spectacular Spider-Man said he was just starting out 12 years ago. And Peter got his powers at 15.
    They literally on panel stated their ages in 1986. They were both 30 at the time. 32 going on 33 when Betsy got Asianified. What age they are now. I dunno.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Psylocke should actually look younger than her brother because her original body will be exactly how it looked before she became Japanese. Old brain, young body lol
    Agreed. Lol

BANNED

The beard is great, it stays. Sexiest Captain ______ easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which makes the Braddocks around 27-28. A recent issue of Spectacular Spider-Man said he was just starting out 12 years ago. And Peter got his powers at 15.
    That won’t work because Iceman was recently said by Sina Grace to be in his early 30s, Peter’s older than him and Betsy/Brian are older than all the O5 X-Men. This obsession with keeping characters in their 20s (or retconning them into it in Emma Frost’s case) really stretches believability anyway, especially when you have younger characters aging up into their 20s at the same time (X-23 now even). Most people don’t even have a solid handle on what they’re doing in life until their 30s anyway.

The sliding timescale is supposed to be based on the Fantastic Four debuting about 14 years ago (in reality it was 57 years ago, so it's roughly four years real time to one in-universe). Spidey was the next hero to show up, in 1962, and then the X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, etc. Based on that, Peter ought to be 29 and Zdarsky goofed with his math. If Iceman's in his 30s, it means that he and the X-Men debuted BEFORE the F4, because he's meant to be the same age as Peter and the Human Torch (he was, like Peter, supposed to be 15 on his debut). So Sina's math is wrong as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The issue is the sliding timescale isn’t consistent from 1961. It was actually realtime in the 1960s at first: in 1964 (just a year realtime) the X-Men actually graduated highschool and Jean turned 18, by 1968 she’s past drinking age (21 in NY state) as Scott is taking his younger brother to a bar to celebrate his college graduation, but in the Dark Phoenix Saga in 1980 Jean’s already died on the moon at age 24. That age marker is key too as it establishes that Jean’s a full decade older than Kitty Pryde, making Peter 9 years older than her. If you’re arguing Peter’s 29 now then Kitty’s just 20 now.

Also the FF#1 comparison I believe was 13 years since their formation until 2010 which was given by Brevoort. If we continue that to now with 4:1 years it should be around 15 years, making Peter 30. And honestly even that’s too little given the MU was realtime until somewhere in 1967/68. It should really be somewhere between 19-20 years from FF#1 until now if we keep strictly to the 4:1 scale following 1968 but that may be too much given editors are so deathly afraid of Peter even hitting 30 to jump him to mid 30s now.

Hello everyone!

I need some help with comic knowledge. I work for Fettes College in Edinburgh, and I am looking for info on exactly which issues of Captain Britain (or other titles) it mentions that Brian Braddock outright attended the school? We're trying to do a project on some fictional Fettesians and as a Marvel nerd it's my duty to bring Cap B to the table - I just don't know which issues to turn to (other than the issue of Ultimates 2 that makes reference to it).

Any help - or directing me to another thread - is MUCH appreciated!

You've come to the right thread, but this is actually the first I've heard that Brian went to boarding school. I'm mainly familiar with the Alan Davis-drawn Captain Britain strip, and I don't believe it was mentioned there. Marvel's Ultimate universe was separate (though similar) to their main one (referred to by the numeric designation 616) and it is possible that 616 Brian didn't attend the same school. I do see Wikipedia states that 616 Brian went to school at Fettes College, but the reference it gives for the paragraph that makes that assertion directs to Daredevils #1, and I know that issue does not state the name of his school. A later story mentions Brian's brother Jamie went to Harrow, and it would be logical to imagine Brian would go to the same school. Then again, with so many different writers over the years it's possible that someone would pick a different school for the twins.

Not very helpful I know.

Someone else here might remember something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    You've come to the right thread, but this is actually the first I've heard that Brian went to boarding school. I'm mainly familiar with the Alan Davis-drawn Captain Britain strip, and I don't believe it was mentioned there. Marvel's Ultimate universe was separate (though similar) to their main one (referred to by the numeric designation 616) and it is possible that 616 Brian didn't attend the same school. I do see Wikipedia states that 616 Brian went to school at Fettes College, but the reference it gives for the paragraph that makes that assertion directs to Daredevils #1, and I know that issue does not state the name of his school. A later story mentions Brian's brother Jamie went to Harrow, and it would be logical to imagine Brian would go to the same school. Then again, with so many different writers over the years it's possible that someone would pick a different school for the twins.

Not very helpful I know.

Someone else here might remember something more useful.
    No that IS useful. Thanks a lot! It narrows my search. It might take tweeting Mark Millar and seeing if he did, in fact, invent the Scottish Boarding School angle for Ultimates...

Rumor: 'Captain Britain and the Black Knight' Movie in Works From Marvel and Director Guy Ritchie?
    Rumor: 'Captain Britain and the Black Knight' Movie in Works From Marvel and Director Guy Ritchie?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...l-movie-rumor/

Shared from my Google feed

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post

Saw this posted on the Black Knight thread. I hope this is really happening. I would go nuts for this.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post

Oh my gosh that’s so exciting! I wonder who they will cast? And who the villain will be?

I can personally do without Captain Britain and the Black Knight saving the planet from a gang of mockney gangsta Ladz, who are constantly engaging in banter (featuring cameos by David Beckham, Ricky Tomlinson and Jambo out of Hollyoaks).