Page 183 of 212 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3171
    AgentChapman

Hello Marvel UK fans! I’m new to the forum - I’m a producer for a new web-series based on Union Jack.

"Union Jack" is a series of films adapted from the Marvel Comics. Union Jack follows the mishaps and misadventures of Joseph Chapman: MI5 agent-by day, vampire hunter-by night! With absurd allies and bonkers baddies, Union Jack mixes up a crazy cocktail of comedy, super-hero, action, horror and espionage.
    The project is currently in post-production and is due for release free to the fans on YouTube this Summer. I hope you’ll enjoy watching it as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

For more details go to markgarvey.co.uk 45510341_2195457327395334_8998672318729289728_n.jpg53090673_2268118533462546_8591710230264414208_o.jpg

how much of marvel-UK based adventures are considered canon in the comics? the majority of characters have escaped my frame of reference besides the Excalibur folks.

Spectacular Member

War of Realms 3 (out today) featured some UK-based MArvel adventures! Just a couple of pages, but worth checking out.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

MRFIEND-V2

Really surprised no ones talking about this here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...oilers-a168050
    Similar to the way they introduced Dr Strange in Winter Soldier. No names are randomly included in an MCU film! Forgot to say Spoilers are in the article for End Game!
    Last edited by MRFIEND-V2; 05-04-2019 at 03:32 AM.

On my part it is down to cynicism - I don't think we'll get a recognisable Brian Braddock in the MCU. US Marvel have always been lukewarm on the character and have done him few favours, whilst Betsy is more popular, even though she doesn't have as much stand-alone mythology. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't graft Brian's Captain Britain mythology onto Betsy, making her Captain Britain. I'd hate that, but like I said, I really don't think we'll see a true Brian Braddock on screen. I'd like to be wrong, though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRFIEND-V2 View Post
    Really surprised no ones talking about this here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...oilers-a168050
    Similar to the way they introduced Dr Strange in Winter Soldier. No names are randomly included in an MCU film! Forgot to say Spoilers are in the article for End Game!
    Thanks for this. I didn't pick up on it, I must have been daydreaming like Cap. I think the Dr Strange mention in Cap 2 was much more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    On my part it is down to cynicism - I don't think we'll get a recognisable Brian Braddock in the MCU. US Marvel have always been lukewarm on the character and have done him few favours, whilst Betsy is more popular, even though she doesn't have as much stand-alone mythology. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't graft Brian's Captain Britain mythology onto Betsy, making her Captain Britain. I'd hate that, but like I said, I really don't think we'll see a true Brian Braddock on screen. I'd like to be wrong, though.
    I think you're probably right on all counts. However, if Marvel/Disney see an opportunity to make some money in the UK market, it may become a possibility. Although, saying that, their main focus is the US market and China, and the UK may not prove enticing enough.

I was going through my hard-drive today and found an unfinished Captain Britain picture. I had wanted to simplify the original costume to make it more cartoony. It was part of a bigger picture which, as I said, never got finished.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If you want some encouraging thoughts, the introduction of the multivariate would bode well for Captain Britain in the MCU.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yes, but again, it's Brian I'd like to see as Captain Britain - a non-Brian Braddock Captain Britain in the MCU would almost certainly mean the comics following suit. I've no problem with someone else taking the codename in comics, but I feel Brian gets little enough love from the US writers without a film giving them an excuse to dump him completely. And I'd hate to see someone other than Brian get to fight Mad Jim or the Fury.

I think Captain Britain should be done just before X-Men... because it can be used to introduce Psylocke. That would mean waiting a few years though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel Comics #1000 was just announced.... and it's logo is that of Marvel UK's 1970s Mighty World of Marvel!

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've glanced through the War Avengers issue - the beard is sadly still very much in evidence and makes him look like Captain England, especially with the way the helmet has been redesigned, but on the positive side he doesn't actually seem to do anything awful or get beaten down. Black Knight, Union Jack, and Spitfire don't get much of a showing.

Don't forget the English flag doesn't have any blue.

Panini are relaunching Avengers Universe and Wolverine and Deadpool next month.
    https://comics.panini.co.uk/news/wol...adpool-vol5-18
    https://comics.panini.co.uk/news/ave...iverse-vol3-19

Wolverine and Deadpool vol 5 #18

76 pages of Marvel’s Toughest Heroes! Three awesome stories!

Wolverine and Captain Marvel lead an attack on Latveria – but Doctor Doom is ready for them! By Tom Taylor and Ramon Rosanas!

Old Man Logan faces a lethal showdown with Kraven the Hunter! By Ed Brisson and Francesco Manna!

Deadpool and the brutal Tombstone go head-to-head in the kick-ass conclusion of ‘Suicide Kings’! By Mike Benson and Carlo Barberi!

Also: a three-page preview of the next volume of W&D, starting next month!

Featuring material first published in All-New Wolverine #35, Old Man Logan #42 and Deadpool: Suicide Kings #5

Issue Number: 18
    Price: £4.99
    On sale: Thursday 16th May 2019

Avengers Universe Vol 3 #19

76 pages of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!

The epic ‘No Surrender’ saga comes to an epic conclusion as the Avengers take on the Challenger! By Mark Waid, Al Ewing, Jim Zub and Pepe Larraz!

Also: a three-page preview of the next volume of AU, starting next month!

Featuring material first published in Avengers #688-690.

Issue Number: 19
    Price: £4.99
    On sale: Thursday 16th May 2019
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-16-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've glanced through the War Avengers issue - the beard is sadly still very much in evidence and makes him look like Captain England, especially with the way the helmet has been redesigned, but on the positive side he doesn't actually seem to do anything awful or get beaten down. Black Knight, Union Jack, and Spitfire don't get much of a showing.
    A quick appearance for Braddock Academy which is always nice to see.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Spitfire and Union Jack's back on the cover of the History of the Marvel Universe #2: