Page 19 of 212 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Excellent! And a nice use of her power!

Wow so next week - Dark Angel, Blade and Faiza all pop up? It's like a MI13 reunion!
    I was already happy with Wisdom, Faiza and Dane in the last issue - cups runneth over! (I wonder how this ties in with Blade and Dark Angel's stories in Mighty Avengers and Iron Man?)

Whatcha all....ahead of our new issue of our free fan-fiction webcomic Avengers UK...check out this beauty! Our new cover photo - pencils and inks by Russ Leach, colour by Nacho Moo and a new logo by our very own IzzY World.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Whatcha all....ahead of our new issue of our free fan-fiction webcomic Avengers UK...check out this beauty! Our new cover photo - pencils and inks by Russ Leach, colour by Nacho Moo and a new logo by our very own IzzY World.....
    Great stuff guys!

Looks great as usual!

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Raffi, Willow - cheers guys. I'll be sure to mention when its out. Not wanting to contravene any site rules i won' blatantly plug my stuff here but samples and extended pieces of writing are out there an if anyone were interested and googled my real name - Jason Greenfield Author - they may be able to find something to amuse them. An Unseen Man piece (early draft) exists at my agent's page. MPC Entertainment.

Willow - I like the look of your Avengers UK. I'll definitely check that out.

Paul Cornell (CB&MI:13's writer) has a radio play on BBC Radio 4 this week. It's called Something in the Water, it runs for 45 minutes, and you can listen to it here.
    When crusading scientist and committed atheist James Woolmer is sacked from his job as a columnist, he decides to up sticks and move his family to the country to get away from it all. What he finds is a village gripped by hysteria and fear and a lucrative tourist industry surrounding Standlake's resident lake monster, Lachey. Despite the weird skin abrasions and the rumbling in the pipes James is utterly sceptical, until he sees something in the water.
    I've not listened to it myself yet but I thought people here might be interested.

That cover looks awesome! I meant to ask is there a non facebook way to pick up A:UK

There is an interview about the Black Knight story in Original Sins over at newsarama: http://www.newsarama.com/21221-black...eri-talks.html

Key Point:
    Nrama: So what’s your story about?
    Tieri: Probably the main thing I had set up in New Excalibur was that the ebony blade is a much more dangerous object than anyone really knew. We revealed that there were even Black Knights before Sir Percy—who was always considered the original Black Knight—but they were all corrupted and eventually driven mad by the blade. The question in our story is has that started to happen to Dane? There’s a Black Knight historian who thinks she has the answer and their confrontation is really what makes up our story.

OSBK2p7c.jpg

Why is the Black Knight's Ebony Blade not black?

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    There is an interview about the Black Knight story in Original Sins over at newsarama: http://www.newsarama.com/21221-black...eri-talks.html

Key Point:
    Nrama: So what’s your story about?
    Tieri: Probably the main thing I had set up in New Excalibur was that the ebony blade is a much more dangerous object than anyone really knew. We revealed that there were even Black Knights before Sir Percy—who was always considered the original Black Knight—but they were all corrupted and eventually driven mad by the blade. The question in our story is has that started to happen to Dane? There’s a Black Knight historian who thinks she has the answer and their confrontation is really what makes up our story.

OSBK2p7c.jpg

Which isssue is this going to be in? I actually quite liked Tieri's ideas for Dane. I get the feeling he would very much liked to have continued on that title, if the chance had been there.

Original Sins #2 is the title. I really hope Dane isn't going to go evil...but haven't they done a lot with the Ebony Blade curse before?

They can always do more! And there's that one Age Of Ultron tie-in by Al Ewing, that if the Ebony Blade reaches its peak it'd turn Dane (or whoever had it) into a greater threat than Ultron: this when Ultron had just murdered half the Earth and subjugated the other half in an hour. The Ebony Blade's a big damn deal, based on that.

Yikes! The Ebony Blade is just very, very bad for Dane, isn't it?

It's so bad that he was carrying a vampire sword around for weeks and didn't notice it wasn't the real Ebony Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Which isssue is this going to be in? I actually quite liked Tieri's ideas for Dane. I get the feeling he would very much liked to have continued on that title, if the chance had been there.
    Original Sins #2.

I had read a while back the Tieri was going to follow with a Black Knight mini that was going to have him go against the Mandarin. It didn't happen because the editor left Marvel and went to DC. I don't remember who it was. Anyway, I like the cover and I hope this leads to at least more appearances for Dane.