Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3171
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    A quick question: is vol. 2 of the TPB’s called Siege of Camelot, or a Hero Reborn? I don’t want to buy the same trades over and over again.
    Attachment 86468Attachment 86469
    Check
    https://downthetubes.net/?p=109304
    It breaks down the reprints of Captain Britain stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    My concern about Kit being cast as the Black Knight (apart from me finding him a bit lacking as an actor) is that they may have made Dane British to silence the calls for a male British MCU hero, whilst giving the Captain Britain identity to Betsy. I don't want Dane's fans to be screwed over by a predictable easy fix nationality change, any more than I want Brian being screwed out of his super-hero identity and rogues gallery in the MCU. It's a pessimistic take on the situation, but particularly where CB is concerned, it's who I am.
    I'm kind of hoping they use Dane to start to dive into British heroes and that's how we get Captain Britain.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

EXCALIBUR #3 & #4
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    ISSUE #3 – VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY KOI PHAM
    ISSUE #4 – VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY KAEL NGU
    THE GREEN EARTH TREMBLES!
    THE HARD TRUTH OF THE CAPTAINS BRITAIN!
    Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet.
    That doesn't sound good. I sense I am going to get very angry about this series - US Marvel has always treated Brian with apathy at best, and usually with very little respect. I suspect this may be my breaking point when it comes to Marvel.

That doesn't sound good. I sense I am going to get very angry about this series - US Marvel has always treated Brian with apathy at best, and usually with very little respect. I suspect this may be my breaking point when it comes to Marvel.
    Yeah, I saw that too and it gave me the opposite to warm feelings. Kill him off? Make him a bad guy? Retire him? What will they think of to annoy us further?

On the subject of being a bit fed up, I went into the Death's Head series super-positive.

I am currently less so. I don't want to post stuff that may be spoilers, but what's everyone else's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    On the subject of being a bit fed up, I went into the Death's Head series super-positive.

I am currently less so. I don't want to post stuff that may be spoilers, but what's everyone else's thoughts?
    I've not read it. Though I like Death's Head and bought the original comics, I'm not passionate about the character and haven't been following the new series. Can you give me a quick summary in spoiler-tags, along with what you didn't like about it?

I still have faith we’ll see Brian in the MCU, and I really want him to be played by Henry Cavill if Warner Bros still won’t make Man of Steel 2.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm pretty sure Cavill is done with Superman. Hasn't DC basically rebooted their movie universe after Justice League flopped? Only Wonder Woman, Aquaman (both have solo sequels coming) and Harley Quinn (The Suicide Squad isn't a sequel to Suicide Squad, it's a reboot, but Margot Robbie is still playing Harley) are carrying over.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can't imagine Brian not being blonde. It would be weird.

Spectacular Member

my vote for Captain Britain in the MCU is Clive Standen (Rollo from Vikings). Right build and he can both act and pull off awesome action/fight scenes

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1641140/

I can't imagine Brian not being blonde. It would be weird.
    Wouldn't be the first character with a different hair colour. Both Scott and Cassie Lang are brunette, instead of ginger and blonde respectively. Captain America is blonde in the comics, but his hair is darker in the movies. Scarlet Witch's usually auburn hair is lighter, and the usually brown haired Jessica Jones has black hair, which the comics have actually synergised with.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Scott is totally different to the comics; Steve Rogers isn't, though: he's dirty-blonde in the films, with his hair showing a range from golden to brown - imagine Steve with black hair, or Superman with blonde hair. I remember watching the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman, complete with blonde hair... it just doesn't seem right. Not that you couldn't get the actor to dye or bleach their hair of course.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic cover of Motormouth by Edmund Perryman from Motormouth & Killpower #5 (October, 1992):