Page 194 of 212 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3171
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she's presumably still around, but as that new codename suggests, is no longer Captain Britain. The reason she can exist alongside someone else as Cap is because she has the sword instead of the amulet.

Perhaps she simply retired. She did have kids.
    I thought part of her thing since she took the sword she can t stop. If I am wrong then have her retire and give Betsy the Sword.

That's still shelving a character so Betsy can have a new gimmick. Kelsey was an interesting character and deserves to be more than fodder to driving Betsy further into the spotlight.

Kelsey's choosing the sword meant that she'd chosen the path of violence, and revealing her identity would cost her the lives of her two children. That's much more interesting than "Betsy's lost the katana, lets give her the sword."

Besides, Betsy doesn't need it. She still creates TK swords, it's just a European one instead of a Japanese one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Yay, you're the only other person who seems to have noticed!

Here's a list of my gripes with it.

Jamie is alive again? He was last seen in Infinity Countdown:Black Widow. Are there now two Jamie's running about?
    I think the Widow was meant to have killed him, and this is his resurrection from that death.
    What bothers me more is how the relationships between Jamie and his siblings keeps swinging back and forth, or how he's been portrayed as even vaguely likeable. Lest we forget, this is the guy who murdered aid workers in Africa, and sold the ones he didn't kill into slavery and a lifetime of repeated rape.
    jamie1.jpgjamie2.jpg

Brian gets summoned to Otherworld to solve a problem, OK!?!. Where is the Merlyn, Captain Britain Corp, Starlight Citadel, the Fae or any of the other denizen of Otherworld?
    The Corps were killed into the run up to Secret Wars, not that being slaughtered en masse has stopped them coming back before. But yes, since when was Morgan Le Fay considered even in the running for ruling the realm? There are literally dozens of candidates who'd be considered before her.

The Amulet!!!! Where did he even get it from? Hasn't been a thing since 1983
    That irks me too. It's been forever since Brian needed the amulet for his powers. It could be explained away - Brian recreated both the amulet and sword to offer to Kelsey, and when she took the sword he stored the amulet within himself - since it's not the source of his power, giving it away then wouldn't depower him, just empower a new Corps member. But I doubt it was thought through like that.

BANNED

Clandestine #1 Oct 1994
    "Apparently Unrelated Events"
    In flashback, in an undisclosed A.I.M. laboratory, a shadowed creature was tearing into the ranks of A.I.M. personnel.
    M.O.D.O.K. used his telepathic powers but the creature proved more powerful,
    as such, M.O.D.O.K. was forced to destroy the laboratory and the creature

but the latter survived.

In Barcelona, Spain, Kay Cera, despite her telepathic powers, was killed by unidentified assailants looking for the gryphon.

However, Kay Cera or Jasmine was able to transfer her consciousness to an alley cat.
    Maurice Fortuit was similarly killed.
    Florence felt the death of Maurice and called out to Walter.

During that time, the creatures attacked causing the death of Florence.
    Walter destroyed the creatures when he became Wallop.
    Nearing death, Florence told Walter to tell the truth to Rory and Pandora:
    That they are all brothers and sisters despite the apparent physical age difference.

Script and pencils by Alan Davis, inks by Mark Farmer.

That Davis/Farmer art doesn't age - it's still very pretty and easy to follow.

It's often the lettering and colouring that ages art, not the linework. That's definitely the case here. You can tell it's 90s because of the lettering (which isn't a computer font) and colouring (due to some gradients).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think the Widow was meant to have killed him, and this is his resurrection from that death.
    What bothers me more is how the relationships between Jamie and his siblings keeps swinging back and forth, or how he's been portrayed as even vaguely likeable. Lest we forget, this is the guy who murdered aid workers in Africa, and sold the ones he didn't kill into slavery and a lifetime of repeated rape.
    jamie1.jpgjamie2.jpg

The Corps were killed into the run up to Secret Wars, not that being slaughtered en masse has stopped them coming back before. But yes, since when was Morgan Le Fay considered even in the running for ruling the realm? There are literally dozens of candidates who'd be considered before her.

That irks me too. It's been forever since Brian needed the amulet for his powers. It could be explained away - Brian recreated both the amulet and sword to offer to Kelsey, and when she took the sword he stored the amulet within himself - since it's not the source of his power, giving it away then wouldn't depower him, just empower a new Corps member. But I doubt it was thought through like that.
    I just assumed he was still alive, since we never saw him die. He just laughed and disappeared, so nothing really conclusive.

Yes I remember the Corps being killed, but I just assumed that the organisation would be rebuilt. After all, Merlyn & Roma are still alive and I guess the Starlight Citadel must still be around somewhere. Morgan Le Fay is Skeletor to Arthur's He-Man, related they may be, I can't imagine her just walking into to Camelot and saying I'm in charge now. Where are the knights of the round table and Merlyn to stop that kind of nonsense?

Random thought, what other military is there in Otherworld that would mount an offensive against Camelot?

Fantastic Member

Yes I remember the Corps being killed, but I just assumed that the organisation would be rebuilt.
    Ditto. Hardly the first time a US writer has used them as cannon fodder only for the next writer to just bring them all back...and use them as cannon fodder.

After all, Merlyn & Roma are still alive and I guess the Starlight Citadel must still be around somewhere.
    Presumably.

Morgan Le Fay is Skeletor to Arthur's He-Man, related they may be, I can't imagine her just walking into to Camelot and saying I'm in charge now.
    Oh, I can imagine her walking in and saying it - I just can't imagine anyone agreeing with her, unless they are just paying lip service in order to stay alive until one of Camelot's defenders turns up to stop her.

Where are the knights of the round table and Merlyn to stop that kind of nonsense?
    We're not sure whether most of the original Arthurian KotRT are around, but there are plenty of other defenders who should try to stop her - Vortigen, Herne, theoretically the Knights of Pendragon, etc.

Random thought, what other military is there in Otherworld that would mount an offensive against Camelot?
    The forces of the Nethergods, the Faerie (Oberon and his court), the Tuatha de Danaan, the Manchester Gods. Maybe some others, but those off the top of my head. It's a big realm with lots of inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    That Davis/Farmer art doesn't age - it's still very pretty and easy to follow.
    Agreed. I remember how great Clandestine was... until Davis left.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I remember how great Clandestine was... until Davis left.
    That is usually the problem with Davis leaving a title. Excalibur was the same, and the Captain Britain strip in the UK didn't even try to continue once he left.

That is usually the problem with Davis leaving a title. Excalibur was the same, and the Captain Britain strip in the UK didn't even try to continue once he left.
    I'm old enough to remember both times he left Excalibur.

Sounds like Alan Davis is a tough act to follow.

It's because of his ability to make a drawing really feel like a real person, and not an idealised posable mannequin; he brings a warmth to his characters, and an ability to convey emotion through their faces. When you replace him as a penciler on a property he helped develop, it's like you've lost friends and they've been replaced with cheap daytime soap actors. Whatever the book is, it just can't help but take a hit.

It's because of his ability to make a drawing really feel like a real person, and not an idealised posable mannequin; he brings a warmth to his characters, and an ability to convey emotion through their faces. When you replace him as a penciler on a property he helped develop, it's like you've lost friends and they've been replaced with cheap daytime soap actors. Whatever the book is, it just can't help but take a hit.
    Without a doubt, Alan Davis is truly unique.

Panini Collectors Editions news: Mighty World of Marvel has been suddenly cancelled, despite advertising the next issue which would've included Immortal Hulk #1 and Champions #19, and the next issue of one or both of those.
    http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019...of-marvel.html